• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank IRCTC Credit Card Launched | TechnoFino Review

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Recently, the HDFC Bank IRCTC credit card was added to the list of HDFC Bank credit cards. HDFC Bank has now officially launched the co-branded IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card.
Let's explore the card.

hdfc irctc technofino.jpg

Joining Fees- 500+GST
Annual Fees- 500+GST
Annual Fees Reversal Criteria- Spend Rs. 1,50,000 or more in a year

Welcome benefit- Gift Voucher worth INR 500 on card activation within 30 days of card issuance.

Main Benefits-
  • 8 complimentary access to select IRCTC Executive Lounges every year (2 per quarter).
  • 1% Transaction charges waiver on transactions done on IRCTC ticketing website and Rail Connect App.
    Maximum waiver of INR 1,000 per statement cycle.
  • 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India, on minimum transaction of INR 400 & maximum transaction of INR 5,000.
    Maximum waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle
  • The IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card is enabled for linking to UPI.
Reward System-
  • 5 Reward Point for every INR 100 spent on IRCTC ticketing website and Rail Connect App.
    The accrual of the 5X HDFC Bank Reward Points on partner IRCTC spends is capped maximum at 1000 Reward Points per month and 12000 Reward Points Annually.
    That means if you spend 20,000 on IRCTC, then you'll earn maximum reward points 1000 per month.

• If you book rail ticket via HDFC Bank SmartBuy, then you'll get additional 5% cashback.
  • You'll get upto 5% cashback for all transactions done on HDFC Smartbuy portal (other than rail ticket booking).
  • Smartbuy cashback maximum capping - Rs. 1000 per month.

• 1 Reward Point for every INR 100 spent on all other spends .
    The accrual of the HDFC Bank Reward Points on all other spends is capped maximum at 1000 Reward Points per month and 12000 Reward Points Annually.
    That means if you spend 1L on other categories, then you'll earn maximum reward points 1000 per month.

• Reward Points will not be accrued for the following spend on the card- Fuel Spends, Wallet loads / Gift or Prepaid Card load/ Voucher purchase, Government related transactions, Education, EMI, Rent
Quarterly Milestone Benefit- Get gift voucher worth INR 500 on quarterly spends of INR 30,000

Eligibility Criteria-
Indian Resident
Age - Min 21 & Max 60 (Salaried), 65 (Self Employed)
Income- 25,000/month (Salaried); 6L ITR (Self employed)

My Opinion:-
Undoubtedly, the HDFC Bank IRCTC Credit Card is one of the top IRCTC co-branded credit cards in the market. Unlike other IRCTC credit cards, such as the SBI IRCTC credit card, this card does not have a ticket class capping. The capping on the maximum reward points accrual is reasonable. Therefore, I believe that this is the ideal IRCTC credit card for frequent or moderate railway travelers.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
I have been using this card for a year :) still there are many open issues for me
30K milestone voucher i have to mail every quarter
Still smartbuy people say sir you can't book train tickets using points
1% on the irctc most of the times are missed (fixed for now)

But enjoying the card for the RUPAY network and netreturn of 7% on train tickets (118 INR goes for redemption)
1. So after mailing do u get quarterly vchr. How much. Only irctc or any other brand.
2. What is the Cashback rate on irctc hdfc cc.
3. Is anything given in cashback for UPI or smartbuy or all goes to irctc points
4. Have you tried to make it ltf.
5. I am holding millenia. But I want that card too. But hdfc is denying that u already hold a cc of our bank. After that I applied neu plus and got it.
Kindly reply when u have time

Sahil_07

TF Select
I have been using this card for a year :) still there are many open issues for me

But enjoying the card for the RUPAY network and netreturn of 7% on train tickets (118 INR goes for redemption)
i did not face any such issues. using it for 6 months, got 2 amazon vouchers, booked only 1 train ticket where 70% points was used. I am thinking not to apply any core hdfc card otherwise I have to close this card

Sahil_07

TF Select
1. many options like flipkart,amazon,myntra,book my show, 2.10% effectively if you book train tickets from smartbuy,1% for other spends 3. 1% for upi, 5% for smartbuy vouchers like other hdfc debit/credit card, 4.No,if you want to get 4*500 amazon vouchers,renewal fee will be almost waved off(1.5lakh) 5.Hard to get hdfc consider this card as their core card,so you wont get it unless your close your current card(I may be wrong)

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
I am not facing this issue. Each of the three times, the voucher was received a day after the transaction crossed the 30K milestone settled.

Could you please elaborate? What else can be done using the points?

What is this 1%? Are you talking about the transaction charge reversal? If yes, I am not facing this issue as well. The charge is reversed within two days once the transaction settles.

Reactions: SSV

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
2. What is the Cashback rate on irctc hdfc cc. -- 10% (5 +5)
3. Is anything given in cashback for UPI or smartbuy or all goes to irctc points (All goes to irctct points
4. Have you tried to make it ltf. - It's LTF for me
5. I am holding millenia. But I want that card too. But hdfc is denying that u already hold a cc of our bank. After that I applied neu plus and got it.
Kindly reply when u have time
1. So after mailing do u get quarterly vchr. How much. Only irctc or any other brand. --Yes am getting

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I am not facing this issue. Each of the three times, the voucher was received a day after the transaction crossed the 30K milestone settled.

Could you please elaborate? What else can be done using the points?

What is this 1%? Are you talking about the transaction charge reversal? If yes, I am not facing this issue as well. The charge is reversed within two days once the transaction settles.
Yes many people are lucky :) but for me am facing this

Even i have been compensated 2k *2 for all the troubles i have been facing :(

Some time i don;t like this card for the troubles

Last edited:

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
1. many options like flipkart,amazon,myntra,book my show, 2.10% effectively if you book train tickets from smartbuy,1% for other spends 3. 1% for upi, 5% for smartbuy vouchers like other hdfc debit/credit card, 4.No,if you want to get 4*500 amazon vouchers,renewal fee will be almost waved off(1.5lakh) 5.Hard to get hdfc consider this card as their core card,so you wont get it unless your close your current card(I may be wrong)
i did not face any such issues. using it for 6 months, got 2 amazon vouchers, booked only 1 train ticket where 70% points was used. I am thinking not to apply any core hdfc card otherwise I have to close this card
Yes you are lucky :)

I hold Infinia,IRCTC, Tata Neu infinity,Tata neu plus , Swiggy, Paytm card from hdfc
You can get additional card but you need email and escalate sir