• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Mis-Selling Insurance Policies in Exchange for Infinia Credit Card

Today i spoke to my RM and she informed me that bank will take action against this practice of selling ULIP against infinia...It seems someone has complained to IRDA against HDFC bank & IRDA has initiated an inquiry regarding this....She also told that bank might cancel all the infinia credit cards issued against ULIPS to comply with IRDA guidelines.

Note: I shared what is told to me by RM and it might be not correct..HDFC bank has already cancelled my both credit cards due to swiggy fake LTF screenshot...
It would have been very easy for them to verify if your swiggy/bank account was eligible for LTF offer so why would you use a fake screenshot ?
I am surprised that any RM is disclosing this at all since they are the ones who benefit the most out of all the "selling" ULIP.

Has HDFC ever come out and specified their conditions for eligibility for infinia officially ?

Today i spoke to my RM and she informed me that bank will take action against this practice of selling ULIP against infinia...It seems someone has complained to IRDA against HDFC bank & IRDA has initiated an inquiry regarding this....She also told that bank might cancel all the infinia credit cards issued against ULIPS to comply with IRDA guidelines.

Note: I shared what is told to me by RM and it might be not correct..HDFC bank has already cancelled my both credit cards due to swiggy fake LTF screenshot...
Ohhh, I got Tata Neu Infinity LTF with genuine screenshot.

It would have been very easy for them to verify if your swiggy/bank account was eligible for LTF offer so why would you use a fake screenshot ?
There are many people on this forum who applied non LTF card (as they did not get LTF offer) and then called customer care to show that their card should be LTF with fake LTF screenshot or some one else's screenshot 🤐

There are many people on this forum who applied non LTF card (as they did not get LTF offer) and then called customer care to show that their card should be LTF with fake LTF screenshot or some one else's screenshot 🤐
Some guy used my screenshot for Swiggy cqrd LTF as well, not sure what happened to him

But I've heard from others it worked out well for them

As i understand, as per latest process infinia upgrade will be offered by the system and RM's has no role to play
I think this is a good move by HDFC overall, this will make sure only genuinely eligible applicants get SPCs

As i understand, as per latest process infinia upgrade will be offered by the system and RM's has no role to play
But theres no criteria officially mentioned ? So the bank has its own discretion to offer the card on whichever terms it wants right ?
Theres absolutely no way its hardcoded into the system.

I really don't see how its any other organizations business to tell HDFC who and under what terms they offer their cards if they themselves haven't specified a criteria.

But theres no criteria officially mentioned ? So the bank has its own discretion to offer the card on whichever terms it wants right ?
Theres absolutely no way its hardcoded into the system.

I really don't see how its any other organizations business to tell HDFC who and under what terms they offer their cards if they themselves haven't specified a criteria.
Yes. It would be wrong for HDFC to make purchasing insurance or ULIP mandatory for a credit card approval. However, nothing prevents them from looking at the total relationship value of a customer, which includes insurance products, in deciding whether to approve a card.

Iss community me jab bhi ULIP and Infinia ek saath padhta hu, ek hi insaan dimaag me aata hai -SSV.
Uske input ke bina thread kuch adhura adhura sa lagta hai

HDFC Bank is known for its top-tier credit card, the HDFC Infinia, one of the best credit cards available in India. Many people go to great lengths to get this card, often finding their own "jugaad" to acquire this super-premium metal card. However, its strict eligibility criteria prevent many from obtaining it—you need an annual income of ₹42 lakhs to qualify for Infinia. While the income requirement is high, some individuals manage to get the card without meeting this official criterion. There are a few alternative ways to obtain the card:

Card-on-Card Basis: HDFC Bank offers the Infinia based on other credit cards you hold and their limits.
Secured Infinia Credit Card: Available against a fixed deposit of ₹10 lakhs.
Total Relationship Value (TRV): HDFC Bank also offers the card based on your overall relationship value with the bank. While no official TRV requirement is mentioned for Infinia, having a TRV of ₹3-5 crore can help you qualify.

However, in recent months, HDFC Bank officials have been mis-selling insurance products to customers in exchange for the HDFC Infinia credit card. You might think that purchasing insurance will boost your TRV, and if that increases, the bank can offer its credit cards against TRV. But the problem lies in how they are selling these insurance products—with promises of the Infinia credit card in return. This is mis-selling, and it raises concerns about ethical banking practices. Is this allowed under IRDAI regulations?

HDFC Bank has been offering fixed income plans, ULIP policies, and various other insurance products in exchange for the HDFC Infinia credit card.

For instance, one of our TechnoFino Community members was offered an Infinia card upgrade with a limit enhancement by his relationship manager, but he had to purchase a ULIP policy, premium worth ₹3 lakhs annually, with a five-year payment term to receive the upgrade.

Such practices raise significant ethical concerns. While selling products like ULIPs is profitable for the bank, promising something in return—such as a credit card—makes the process unethical.

My Advice to Consumers:
There are plenty of excellent credit cards available. If you don’t qualify for the Infinia, explore other options that offer similar rewards. Never purchase insurance products solely to get a credit card. If you genuinely need insurance, go ahead and buy it from your bank or directly—but never do so just to receive something in exchange, especially a credit card.
My advice -
Never buy insurance from bank even if u need it. Banks just know how to sell, they are not full time regular insurance agents.
In case of claims of often need a good insurance agents who can help at time of claims which only good agents can do.
So never buy any policy from bank even if it is good.

Someone on Twitter wants to create a story on this topic and is looking to speak with a few people who were offered Infinia in exchange for a ULIP policy. If anyone is interested in participating, please DM me your name and contact number.
Will they get their money stuck in ULIP back without risking their card?
The bank has anyways closed all chances of getting so called “deviation approvals” so it won’t serve any purpose 🤔
Also, I know few people who took this route even after me asking them not to - Maybe they can talk

Will they get their money stuck in ULIP back without risking their card?
The bank has anyways closed all chances of getting so called “deviation approvals” so it won’t serve any purpose 🤔
Also, I know few people who took this route even after me asking them not to - Maybe they can talk
ask them and leme know...
Looks like its Neil Borate
nope...

Back