• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bill Pay - How to pay rent?

beingmohit

TF Premier
With the introduction of the new HDFC Net Banking, I don't see the option to pay Rent! It shows all my billers (credit cards, and Redgiraffe). For the credit cards, it shows me the pay option, but for the Redgiraffe biller, there is no option to pay.
Have they messed up, or am I missing something?

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With the introduction of the new HDFC Net Banking, I don't see the option to pay Rent! It shows all my billers (credit cards, and Redgiraffe). For the credit cards, it shows me the pay option, but for the Redgiraffe biller, there is no option to pay.
Add ur red giraffee id. it takes around 1 week to verify from their side (thats the time taken for me atleast!). After that u can pay rent using ur credit card.

beingmohit

TF Premier
Add ur red giraffee id. it takes around 1 week to verify from their side (thats the time taken for me atleast!). After that u can pay rent using ur credit card.
Did you make a payment after they pushed the new UI?
My Redgiraffe ID is already linked. I made a payment last month. But, this month, somehow there is no option to pay!

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you make a payment after they pushed the new UI?
My Redgiraffe ID is already linked. I made a payment last month. But, this month, somehow there is no option to pay!
I'm still in old UI, not sure why though. Have paid rent in old UI only. Have u tried paying from mobile app?

FatReaper

TF Buzz
I can find a "pay" button either on net banking or on mobile app.

My other billers do have a "pay" option except ACT Fibernet (broadband) which only goes via smartpay.

My rental bill due date is fifth, I enabled smartpay today, it says it'll pay 4 days before the due date but I'm not sure if smartpay will fetch the bill

shuperman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am also facing the same issue.. old UI has the option to pay amd my wife's account has old ui. She has the infinia addon card and I couldn't find a way to pay with it atleast

akshayhs

TF Ace

Y'all noobies need to explore the interface first before asking here

1693670233076.png

akshayhs

TF Ace
Last edited:

Symbian

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I found a way to quick pay for a RG id.

On HDFC mobile app, there are 3 steps for new RG account.

Select the category
Select the biller and enter biller details

Once you have entered the biller details (RG id and phone number), just expand the Pay Bill step, it will allow you to pay the current bill, but you have to enter the amount manually

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-02-23-50-03-86_1be76b10d0f7d18d300390ad3fe55f68.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-02-23-50-03-86_1be76b10d0f7d18d300390ad3fe55f68.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 40

sidmanraj

TF Select
I have only only hdfc credit Card can I still pay using hdfc mobile app

Select the category

Once you have entered the biller details (RG id and phone number), just expand the Pay Bill step, it will allow you to pay the current bill, but you have to enter the amount manually
Av

shuperman

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Select the category

yeah this worked.. but this kind of looks like a hack.. does that mean HDFC is planning to patch this?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Select the category

as soon as i select rental payment in step 1 (biller type), step 3 goes away. Only for other biller types step 3 is still there.. very strange and frustrating issue..

sidmanraj

TF Select
as soon as i select rental payment in step 1 (biller type), step 3 goes away. Only for other biller types step 3 is still there.. very strange and frustrating issue..
I can't login to hdfc mobile app.
It asks for customer ID I don't have
Is customer ID given to people holding only hdfc Credit card