• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC billpay delay in crediting cc bill

gobsy

TF Select
Paid ICICI Amazon bill on 27th. Still not credited in card statement. Should I pay using Paytm UPI for instant reflect or will 27th be counted as date of payment for cc bill. Due date is today.

Guys,
No need to worry about HDFC bill payment to CC, it might take, 2 - 5 (or even 7) days to reflect on CC statement...

But .... But the important thing here is the effective date of payment in your statement will always be the date you paid..... and this what matters to CC bank...

Stop worrying about this.....

Give you an example: I paid this particualr bill on 02/08/2023... and I got an email from ICICI on 04/08/2023... but the date of payment in my cc statement is 02/08/2023 only... Have peace....

HDFC Bill Pay
Screen: bill opaid date 02/08/2023

1691258327590.png

ICICI Payment received notification via email on 04/08/2023

1691257874064.png

Credit Card Statement entries: received on 02/08/2023

1691258526848.png

NOTE: This applies to any Credit Card payment ( ICICI, AXI, etc.....) SBI is instant..GOD knows why..

EDIT:
Disclaimer: As @Deal_Freak mentioned in the below posts , to be on a safer side pay at least 3 to 5 days before the due date... for Axis and ICICI..

Last edited:
Guys,
No need to worry about HDFC bill payment to CC, it might take, 2 - 5 (or even 7) days to reflect on CC statement...

But .... But the important thing here is the effective date of payment in your statement will always be the date you paid..... and this what matters to CC bank...

Give you an example: I paid this particualr bill on 02/08/2023... and I got an email from ICICI on 04/08/2023... but the date of payment in my cc statement is 02/08/2023 only... Have peace....

HDFC Bill Pay

View attachment 25386

View attachment 25384

View attachment 25387

NOTE: This applies to any Credit Card payment ( ICICI, AXI, etc.....) SBI is instant..( GOD knows why)..
To be on a safer side with Axis and ICICI banks in particular, actual payment date and payment realization date should be on or before the payment due date.

To be on a safer side with Axis and ICICI banks in particular, actual payment date and payment realization date should be on or before the payment due date.
Yes, it is always safer to be earlier than due date...
Mind you there is 3 days grace period as well after due date...
People unnecassarily panicking about this... I have been observing this trend that , the paid date in CC staement is always.. the date we initiated the payment in HDFC bill pay... and realization date has no siginificance at all..

NOTE: I actually pay before the bill generation date usually... when not paid like this , I will pay atleast the minimum amount due within a few days after bill generation...

There is a need to make people not to panic unnecessarily...

Guys,

HDFC Bill Pay

View attachment 25386

View attachment 25384

View attachment 25387

NOTE: This applies to any Credit Card payment ( ICICI, AXI, etc.....) SBI is instant..GOD knows why..
From the cards which I have in my portfolio, bill payment for SBI, RBL, Yes Bank, IndusInd, BoB/Kotak (through BillDesk) are instant through HDFC BillPay portal.

Yes, it is always safer to be earlier than due date...
Mind you there is 3 days grace period as well after due date...
People unnecassarily panicking about this... I have been observing this trend that , the paid date in CC staement is always.. the date we initiated the payment in HDFC bill pay... and realization date has no siginificance at all..
ICICI and Axis sometimes doesn't honor 3 days of Grace Period. Realization date plays a role particularly with ICICI bank and this has happened with my friend whose payment was credited after due date.

credited after due date but the paid date is before due date, right ?? even then the issue??
Yes and my friend was charged a late payment fee by ICICI even though the payment got credited within 3 days of grace period. Banks usually takes grace periods as a buffer time for bill payment. As a goodwill gesture they may or may not levy late payment charges for the payment that was realized in the grace period.

Back