• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NO REWARD POINTS ON HDFC BILLPAY DIRECTLY- RENTALBBPSNO

realjayt

TF Premier
Final Takeaway: As of 11/08/24, NO REWARD POINTS ON HDFC BILLPAY DIRECTLY.”

[ Note: Update as on 03/08/2024 ...All bank paymets are giving Reward Points now]
Just paid a few Credit Card bills to max out the 1% upto 750 on my DCs. Soon after I realized the merchant name popping up for these transactions is “RENTALBBPSNO” from the usual HDFCBILLPAY. Has HDFC finally caught up with us? Is this the beginning of the end?😒

BankMerchant NameRP Received (Y/N)
AxisCCBBPSNOSuperposition
SBIBBPSBILLPAYY
ICICICCBBPSNOSuperposition
IndusIndBBPSBILLPAYY
FederalBBPSBILLPAYY
BOBBBPSBILLPAYY
AUCCBBPSNO (shared by @SANTOSHJ1983 )Superposition
IDFCBBPSBILLPAYY
KotakCCBBPSNO (Shared by @guest_123 )Superposition
RBLRemoved from Biller
AMEXRemoved from Biller
HSBCHDFCBILLPAYY
YESHDFCBILLPAYY
SCRemoved from Biller

PS: Kindly keep this table updated as & when you receive RPs.

Takeaway: Once the billers moved to BBPS everyone is getting RPs on every biller. Keep in mind while BBPSBILLPAY & HDFCBILLPAY is RP eligible while RENTALBBPSNO is not.

Last edited:
Just paid a few Credit Card bills to max out the 1% upto 750 on my DCs. Soon after I realized the merchant name popping up for these transactions is “RENTALBBPSNO” from the usual HDFCBILLPAY. Has HDFC finally caught up with us? Is this the beginning of the end?😒
Means we won’t get that 1% upto 750/-?

nahinnn.jpg

kya MCC hai iss merchant ki ?

Out of Merchant- Banks are getting CHANT(wise) and asking customers to MER (die). Sab bandd kardo, kangaal kardo hum TFians ko. Tukda tukda jod ke sab arrange karo fir yeh aaye din dil tod dete hai. It's good I didn't upgraded to Platinum from Millennia. Forget HDFC Billpay for some days and keep an eye on Merchant names in other apps.

Guys,
dont come to a pre mature conclusion .. let us run this for the whole life cycle.. ie. until the gestation period of realising the RPs..

People must have complained already if they had not received RPs for their CC payments..

Let wait for the feed back from the comrades.. about receiveing or not receiving the RPs.

Last edited:
Guys,
dont come to a pre mature conclusion .. let us run this for the whole life cycle.. ie. until the gestation period of realising the RPs..

People must have complained already if they had not received RPs for their CC payments..

Let wait for the feed back from the comrades.. about receiveing or not receiving the RPs.

My view until now, there is no change in the sceanrio.. ie. status quo..
Yes
Payment date plus 2 we can see the results

Reactions: SSV
I had done a transaction on 16/07 . paid my IndusInd ED card bill of 6K...and received the RPs.. successfully..

View attachment 62415

View attachment 62416
My current month quota of 75k via HDFC Bank is done before 10th itself so will try testing next month 👍

1721895289971.webp

But it seems this change was not impmented by 16th ...as it is sitll showing as POS transaction in the SB account transaction details..
we need to wait for confirmaition from others where the transaction shows as Rental...

I will do a test transaction now and report it back in 3 days..

Back