• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Converting Regular savings to Savings Max will reverse existing debit card annual charge?

armani

TF Buzz
Currently I am having HDFC regular savings account with 10k mab and having easyshot rewards debit card. I want to upgrade to savings max to get the Platinum debit card free. But last month(may 2024) only the annual charge deducted for the debit card.

If Convert my account saving max i will get the platinum card free and can they revert the previous rewards debit card charges? For the conversion can I do it online or visit branch which is better?

TIA

Reactions: SSV
Currently I am having HDFC regular savings account with 10k mab and having easyshot rewards debit card. I want to upgrade to savings max to get the Platinum debit card free. But last month(may 2024) only the annual charge deducted for the debit card.

If Convert my account saving max i will get the platinum card free and can they revert the previous rewards debit card charges? For the conversion can I do it online or visit branch which is better?

TIA
No in my opinion they won’t reverse easily
Always we should take decisions before a card anniversary
Upgrade account with 25k mab and get platinum before upgrade check with local branch ppl

TIA
N O O

So I am getting credit card bills of more than 75k each month, is it wise to get paid platinum debit card(for 1% rewards) with existing savings account OR convert to savings max with free platinum debit card?

Reactions: SSV
So I am getting credit card bills of more than 75k each month, is it wise to get paid platinum debit card(for 1% rewards) with existing savings account OR convert to savings max with free platinum debit card?
Make sense if your credit card is non HDFC. You wont get any cashback for paying HDFC CC bill with platinum DC.

Convert it to Savings Max and use Platinum DC (free for Saving Max) for CC payemtns via HDFC Bill Pay to get 750 CB..
This is correct ..
Use the link below and the entire process is online done in a few mintues.

Account upgrade can be done via online but not downgrade.. For downgrade you have to visit the branch..

Link .. to change Account Type to Savings Max

All the best

1718107821080.png

1718108374611.png

The current DC fee waiver - is not likely possible .. Forget about it..
You can save more using Platinum DC than your DC charges ..

Last edited:
OK. I changed the account type through Insta services online and got the confirmation email/sms as well. But it is not updated in the app/web. Called the customer care and confirmed that it is NOT updated in their system as well.

So how long will it take to update(as per cc from branch the change will take 7days and they have no idea through Insta)?
Do I need to apply/upgrade the debit after the update only OR can I request the debit card now?

OK. I changed the account type through Insta services online and got the confirmation email/sms as well. But it is not updated in the app/web. Called the customer care and confirmed that it is NOT updated in their system as well.

So how long will it take to update(as per cc from branch the change will take 7days and they have no idea through Insta)?
Do I need to apply/upgrade the debit after the update only OR can I request the debit card now?
Think you should wait till it's registered in their system.

Back