• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to convert HDFC regular savings account to Savings Max account?

Anirudh987

TF Buzz
I want to convert my HDFC regular savings account to Savings Max account. Is there any way to do it online? If there is no online way can anyone share the form for upgrading my account

I am not enrolled into any program just ordinary Savings Max account holder. With this account as I have did 1.5L FD, the required average balance become 0 from 10k. Now I don't need to keep 10k always or on average in my account.
I don't have any RM assigned to my account.

You mentioned 10K here
Right when my account was "Savings account" I have to keep 10k balance as per RAB.
When it got converted to "SavingsMax account" it becomes 0.
The branch people also confirmed me at time of conversion application that once converted to SavingsMax, I don't need to keep any RAB

Right when my account was "Savings account" I have to keep 10k balance as per RAB.
When it got converted to "SavingsMax account" it becomes 0.
The branch people also confirmed me at time of conversion application that once converted to SavingsMax, I don't need to keep any RAB
But it is 25K maintenance account, you will be charged if you don't maintain FD

But it is 25K maintenance account, you will be charged if you don't maintain FD
Yes I know. I chose FD way to upgrade to SavingsMax as I am told I then don't need to maintain any balance in account. I think if you choose to go with 25k balance way then you will need to maintain that consistently.

A few days back I received an email from Hdfc bank to upgrade to preferred banking program and get preferred platinum debit card for free. Is it worth to upgrade the account or any catch in this offer?

A few days back I received an email from Hdfc bank to upgrade to preferred banking program and get preferred platinum debit card for free. Is it worth to upgrade the account or any catch in this offer?
Do it.. you won't be charged even if you don't maintain balance, worst case you will be downgraded again to your original account as now.

I went to bank today to convert my regular savings account to "savings max" but the employee said that it cannot be converted to savings max as it was converted from salary account to regular (the conversion happened some 7 years ago since I changed my company), there is no upgrade option for these. Is it true? has anybody converted their accounts of similar category?

@krishc - did your account got upgraded? And did you receive any confirmation for the same or how did you validate. I have received the feedback form but minimum balance required has not updated. I visited the branch and person said that his system is showing as Savings Max. I want to apply for Platinum debit card but since in netbanking it shows fees, afraid to apply for the same.

@krishc - did your account got upgraded? And did you receive any confirmation for the same or how did you validate. I have received the feedback form but minimum balance required has not updated. I visited the branch and person said that his system is showing as Savings Max. I want to apply for Platinum debit card but since in netbanking it shows fees, afraid to apply for the same.
mine was rejected due to internal reason
apparently signature didn't match according to bank employee
I was miffed and didn't try again
opened Axis Liberty account instead

I currently have a regular savings account and I'm a preferred program member. I'd like to open a Savings Max account. Is it possible to do this online? I'd like to maintain both accounts, the regular and the Savings Max. Will I need to undergo VKYC again since I already have a regular account?

Back