• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CREDIT CARD APPLICATION REJECTED.

recently I had applied for millennia on card to card bases with 1L limit on icici AP CC.
Today I got e-mail from HDFC Bank that application has been rejected and reason for rejection is not mentioned properly in email. Can I ask HDFC bank to provide specific reason for non-approvel of card? Is their any specific guidelines from RBI regarding this?

Past background:-
I had HDFC money back credit card and closed it on. 23/06/2022 . Could this be a reason for application rejection? Attaching email screenshot that i received from HDFC.
Please guide @TechnoFino .
now how much more time should I wait to apply or wait for pre approved offer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-20-15-35-28-64_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-20-15-35-28-64_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 197
Thats a only 2 month after you closed the first card, atleast u shoud wait for 6 months before applying a new cc to HDFC. try to avoid C2C with co-branded card. in this case u applied with apay.
I heard few cases where people got pre approved offer within 1.5 months of closing the card . That's why I applied at 2months . Can I ask them to provide specific reason for rejection?

Recently i applied for HDFC Card i found following sms Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No. xxx has been processed. Track status after 2 days here hdfcbk.io/a/g5PJYe1 but after checking it showing decline status what is the meaning this is final or any mood change possible with HDFC i am already holding savings a/c with them from 1 year plus this is 2nd time they decline my application till now no call or email received from HDFC Credit card team after multiple tweet to hdfc care team no response received till now is there any way i can approach for clarity or need to shoot mail if yes kindly help me out which mail id i can approach. @TechnoFino or HDFC card Expert please share anyone experience over this.

which variant did you applied and how much time did you wait, what type of savings account you hold
Recently i applied for HDFC Card i found following sms Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No. xxx has been processed. Track status after 2 days here hdfcbk.io/a/g5PJYe1 but after checking it showing decline status what is the meaning this is final or any mood change possible with HDFC i am already holding savings a/c with them frmm 1 year plus this is 2nd time they decline my application till now no call or email received from HDFC Credit card team after multiple tweet to hdfc care team no response received till now is there any way i can approach for clarity or need to shoot mail if yes kindly help me out which mail id i can approach.

Pls don't close your cards if you are already their customer. That route would've been more successful.
Tried many times but had no luck. My card was issued in 2019 with 40k limit. No LE or CC upgrade for 3 years of ideal use. Paid bill on time , no bill above 12k , and all. Filled LE or CC upgrade form 2 times and sent it to Chennai office but rejected both the times. So I didnt have any other option other than closing the card and applying again to better card varrient. FYI , I am having premium salary account in hdfc bank.

Recently i applied for HDFC Card i found following sms Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No. xxx has been processed. Track status after 2 days here hdfcbk.io/a/g5PJYe1 but after checking it showing decline status what is the meaning this is final or any mood change possible with HDFC i am already holding savings a/c with them from 1 year plus this is 2nd time they decline my application till now no call or email received from HDFC Credit card team after multiple tweet to hdfc care team no response received till now is there any way i can approach for clarity or need to shoot mail if yes kindly help me out which mail id i can approach. @TechnoFino or HDFC card Expert please share anyone experience over this.
They will not call or email you anything apart from automated email messages. You can write to them and enquire directly. They will ask your credit card application number to respond properly.

Applied for millennia card. Applied on 8th aug 2022. I am having premium salary account in hdfc.
You can try mailing at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for reconsideration. State your issue, highlight your eligibility (CIBIL score, bank statement, other card pic and it's statement, etc.) by attaching relevant proofs. They might approve as they did in my case. It will take some time though, keep your patience!

You can try mailing at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for reconsideration. State your issue, highlight your eligibility (CIBIL score, bank statement, other card pic and it's statement, etc.) by attaching relevant proofs. They might approve as they did in my case. It will take some time though, keep your patience!
Tried and received mail on same day that application is rejected 😔. Is it because of card that is closed 2 months back?

You need wait for exactly 6 months to re-apply in case of HDFC.

Even if you receive pre-approved offer before 6 months, you won't be able to apply as reported by a member here. Not sure if customer care can help you in that case or not.
Okay. Will wait now for 6 months in hope to get better card varrient.

Hdfc pre approved comes with some bugs.. as I saw in my case.. the card was declined immediately and after 2 weeks surprisingly it got approved automatically. They even gave me 1.25 beginning limit. No idea.. they take some time. Be patient.

Back