• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards - FD Based.

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Dear Community,

I had some issues in the past with HDFC Credit cards in 2015. They issued me credit card in 2013 and it got renewed in 2016, But I didn't collect the credit card as I moved out of Chennai to Bangalore. But they are saying that some payments are pending and kept it as delinquent account due to missed payments within due time which didn't happen actually with my knowledge. With that reason they are rejecting my Credit Card applications (2 rejected till now with same reason). I do hold preferred account with them with good account balance and transactions, but they are not offering credit card.

Now they are offering FD based credit card (3.5L - Regalia, 13L - Infinia). After 6-9 months of good usage they are telling they will provide Floater Credit card which will be different from the existing credit card, then you can close your FD credit card (For Ex, If we take Infinia now with 13 L FD, they wont give Infinia they may give Regalia, But if we take Regalia now they may give Diners Privilege or Diners Black depends on the usage and getting Infinia in that way will be around 3 years from now).

My Credit Card Portfolio:

ICICI Emeralde, Axis Magnus, Axis Vistara Infinite, Axis Privilege, SBI Prime, Citi Premier Miles, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, One Card, RBL Play Card

Can someone suggest me how to proceed from here. @TechnoFino Sumanta Hope you will be helpful on this issue.

Last edited:
Dear Community,

I had some issues in the past with HDFC Credit cards in 2015. They issued me credit card in 2013 and it got renewed in 2016, But I didn't collect the credit card as I moved out of Chennai to Bangalore. But they are saying that some payments are pending and kept it as delinquent account due to missed payments within due time which didn't happen actually with my knowledge. With that reason they are rejecting my Credit Card applications (2 rejected till now with same reason). I do hold preferred account with them with good account balance and transactions, but they are not offering credit card.

Now they are offering FD based credit card (3.5L - Regalia, 13L - Infinia). After 6-9 months of good usage they are telling they will provide Floater Credit card which will be different from the existing credit card, then you can close your FD credit card (For Ex, If we take Infinia now with 13 L FD, they wont give Infinia they may give Regalia, But if we take Regalia now they may give Diners Privilege or Diners Black depends on the usage and getting Infinia in that way will be around 3 years from now).

My Credit Card Portfolio:

ICICI Emeralde, Axis Magnus, Axis Vistara Infinite, Axis Privilege, SBI Prime, Citi Premier Miles, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, One Card, RBL Play Card

Can someone suggest me how to proceed from here. @TechnoFino Sumanta Hope you will be helpful on this issue.
Have a question.

Does that card which hdfc claims you defaulted on show in your netbanking?

I had one from 2012 till 16 defaulted by three months due to health issues(my own fault) though I paid of all the dues within 2 weeks before it went for collection (they did freeze my account which I removed after paying some amount and the remainder later)
It’s been many years now and that card still shows in my netbanking, on cibil it keeps reporting as payments on time even tho it’s listed as closed but they keep reporting it monthly.

I haven’t tried applying for fears they may reject me however I do see some offers at times on netbanking. However at the time when a person from hdfc who I had to contact to remove the freeze did tell me since I paid if the entirety quickly it won’t have any issue for me to reapply again after few months.

Is this the same with you?

Have a question.

Does that card which hdfc claims you defaulted on show in your netbanking?

I had one from 2012 till 16 defaulted by three months due to health issues(my own fault) though I paid of all the dues within 2 weeks before it went for collection (they did freeze my account which I removed after paying some amount and the remainder later)
It’s been many years now and that card still shows in my netbanking, on cibil it keeps reporting as payments on time even tho it’s listed as closed but they keep reporting it monthly.

I haven’t tried applying for fears they may reject me however I do see some offers at times on netbanking. However at the time when a person from hdfc who I had to contact to remove the freeze did tell me since I paid if the entirety quickly it won’t have any issue for me to reapply again after few months.

Is this the same with you?
No it’s not showing on Net Banking. But it’s get displayed in CIBIL and other bureaus. On time payments till 2016. Best part here is HDFC bank and it’s officials are not able to prove me that which payment missed and they kept my account on delinquency.

Still fighting with Bank and CC team on the issue. Don’t want to leave the fight until it gets resolved.

No it’s not showing on Net Banking. But it’s get displayed in CIBIL and other bureaus. On time payments till 2016. Best part here is HDFC bank and it’s officials are not able to prove me that which payment missed and they kept my account on delinquency.

Still fighting with Bank and CC team on the issue. Don’t want to leave the fight until it gets resolved.
Good luck don’t let them go easily. Hope you get it resolved.

Reactions: BVC
Have they mentioned any reason?

Also worth to check if they issue specific card variants against specific amount of FD as mentioned in the thread earlier like Regalia, Infinia etc.

Have they mentioned any reason?

Also worth to check if they issue specific card variants against specific amount of FD as mentioned in the thread earlier like Regalia, Infinia etc.
the email is generic . no particular reason mentioned.
and yes i checked that too , for millennia it mentioned 1.25L , but i applied against my 1.5L FD. it should not be rejected.
My unsecured card rejected recently thats why i went for secured card using my existing FD.

the email is generic . no particular reason mentioned.
and yes i checked that too , for millennia it mentioned 1.25L , but i applied against my 1.5L FD. it should not be rejected.
My unsecured card rejected recently thats why i went for secured card using my existing FD.

This is quite surprising for a secured card. I think you should push them to reveal the reason. Would be informative to others too.

It got rejected due to the account is joint account but in the form only me signed it . Today we signed on new form let's see.
I asked bank person last week itself due to joint account should it requires my wife's sign also. But he said not required. Now because of that it got rejected.

It got rejected due to the account is joint account but in the form only me signed it . Today we signed on new form let's see.
I asked bank person last week itself due to joint account should it requires my wife's sign also. But he said not required. Now because of that it got rejected.
Typical bank sales people. Don't know half the rules.

I am maintaining 0 balance because of i have the 1.5L FD since it's max account. Will it be enough or do i need to open new FD since the existing FD will become lein amount ?

An interesting update:

1. My card approved on 6th July, and card details are reflecting on app.
2. Card got dispatched to courier and they brought back to card processing centre and kept on hold till 12th July.
3. They destroyed my card and cancelled application. Even after cancellation card details are on app without limits.
4. Reopened case on 15th July with the help of RM/BM and hoping for the resolution.

Never ever I saw this kind of situation and process and even BM is saying this is a typical case and even they are surprised with the kind of process happening with this application. There are around 4 CIBIL enquiries for one card application, whenever we reopen they are doing Cibil Enquiry. Strange situation and fed up with the process, been fighting from August 2022.

Why are you even so fascinated with HDFC card. Stick to your current portfolio. Take your CIBIL and see what reporting has been done by HDFC. Raise a dispute with Cibil
I understand I’ve a good portfolio and I can manage my spends with them. But with HDFC being 4th largest bank in the world right now and they’re having good offers on their cc’s. I’m fascinated in holding premium cards in my portfolio. With Infinia reserve and Apple Card coming to their portfolio how can I manage to ignore HDFC?

I’ve been holding preferred account also if I’m not able to solve the issue then when will I manage to clear the issue?? These kind of issues will be there for lifetime if not solved. Strange thing is I keep on getting pre approved credit card mails.

Back