• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards - FD Based.

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Dear Community,

I had some issues in the past with HDFC Credit cards in 2015. They issued me credit card in 2013 and it got renewed in 2016, But I didn't collect the credit card as I moved out of Chennai to Bangalore. But they are saying that some payments are pending and kept it as delinquent account due to missed payments within due time which didn't happen actually with my knowledge. With that reason they are rejecting my Credit Card applications (2 rejected till now with same reason). I do hold preferred account with them with good account balance and transactions, but they are not offering credit card.

Now they are offering FD based credit card (3.5L - Regalia, 13L - Infinia). After 6-9 months of good usage they are telling they will provide Floater Credit card which will be different from the existing credit card, then you can close your FD credit card (For Ex, If we take Infinia now with 13 L FD, they wont give Infinia they may give Regalia, But if we take Regalia now they may give Diners Privilege or Diners Black depends on the usage and getting Infinia in that way will be around 3 years from now).

My Credit Card Portfolio:

ICICI Emeralde, Axis Magnus, Axis Vistara Infinite, Axis Privilege, SBI Prime, Citi Premier Miles, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, One Card, RBL Play Card

Can someone suggest me how to proceed from here. @TechnoFino Sumanta Hope you will be helpful on this issue.

Last edited:
After many months of struggle and fight with bank finally received card without FD lien.
How much time it will take for me to get a hdfc card without fd ?
My cibil contains one education loan with written off status , but cibil score 790😂.
I have NOC from reliance ARC where my education loan transferred to them then I did OTS. This happened 6 to 7 years ago.

How many days will they take to ship my card ?
My virtual card activated on Friday itself , still i haven't received any mail or message regarding shipping details.
And mobile app still card not showing.
When i tried with customer care , ivr said no cards linked to my customer id.

If it's HDFC Card, you will receive the dispatch message via Bluedart from HDFC shortly. Sometimes there is difficulty in PIN generation (especially required for registering RuPay cards) till the card is actually delivered. Saturday and Sunday were non-working days, so you should receive the communication from them today / tomorrow.

If it's HDFC Card, you will receive the dispatch message via Bluedart from HDFC shortly. Sometimes there is difficulty in PIN generation (especially required for registering RuPay cards) till the card is actually delivered. Saturday and Sunday were non-working days, so you should receive the communication from them today / tomorrow.
Thank you .

How did you got the card ? process? Online, agent, sending docs to hdfc cc dept.

What's fd limit?
I am having savings max account (joint account as I am primary holder).
I deposited 1.5L FD to avoid minimum balance requirement.
First I tried to apply unsecured card and it got rejected due to my education loan issue in the past .
Then i visited the nearby branch and asked to issue millennia card based on my fd .
They gave a form to sign it , i signed it .

After few days it got rejected due to secondary holder signature missing, then in new form we signed again.
After 8 days it got approved.

Unsecured card i tried with 3rd party agent .
But secured card i went via bank only .

Hope this info helps .
FD AMOUNT: 1.5L
Limit : 1.2L

Have a question.

Does that card which hdfc claims you defaulted on show in your netbanking?

I had one from 2012 till 16 defaulted by three months due to health issues(my own fault) though I paid of all the dues within 2 weeks before it went for collection (they did freeze my account which I removed after paying some amount and the remainder later)
It’s been many years now and that card still shows in my netbanking, on cibil it keeps reporting as payments on time even tho it’s listed as closed but they keep reporting it monthly.

I haven’t tried applying for fears they may reject me however I do see some offers at times on netbanking. However at the time when a person from hdfc who I had to contact to remove the freeze did tell me since I paid if the entirety quickly it won’t have any issue for me to reapply again after few months.

Is this the same with you?
+1

A similar situation, went to study abroad, didn’t realise a tiny amount was pending, which was posted in the statement that came through after I had left for my higher education. This was was in 2005 & I was 19 then.

I did pay back the entire amount to HDFC as soon as I came back & found out about the situation. HDFC marked the card as “CLOSED” in CIBIL & the DPDs to “0” but is still reporting the account till date even though the account status is closed.

All my applications since then with HDFC have been rejected stating the same reason, “You have a card in suspended state and hence we cannot approve you for a new card”.

After several complaints, mails & escalations, I received a call from HDFC stating that they cannot approve me for a new card again as once any of their card account goes for third party collections they blacklist that person for life. lol

Currently my card portfolio consists of Amex Gold Charge + Amex Plat travel, SBI AURUM, ICICI APay + ICICI Sapphiro FYF (Just upgraded from Coral), Kotak White Reserve + Kotak Privy League Signature + Kotak Myntra, BOB eterna + snapdeal + HPCL, IndusInd Indulge (Just upgraded from CV explorer), Yes BYOC, One Card, RBL World Safari + Supercard.

So to sum it up, HDFC policy (arrogance) is irrespective of your current cibil score or card portfolio, once you have a blip with them, they want you out, even after you have paid them in full !

IRONY indeed, even with this cocky attitude they became the 4th largest bank ! Bhagwaan bhi ek galti maaf karta hai, HDFC nahi 😂🤣😅

+1

A similar situation, went to study abroad, didn’t realise a tiny amount was pending, which was posted in the statement that came through after I had left for my higher education. This was was in 2005 & I was 19 then.

I did pay back the entire amount to HDFC as soon as I came back & found out about the situation. HDFC marked the card as “CLOSED” in CIBIL & the DPDs to “0” but is still reporting the account till date even though the account status is closed.

All my applications since then with HDFC have been rejected stating the same reason, “You have a card in suspended state and hence we cannot approve you for a new card”.

After several complaints, mails & escalations, I received a call from HDFC stating that they cannot approve me for a new card again as once any of their card account goes for third party collections they blacklist that person for life. lol

Currently my card portfolio consists of Amex Gold Charge + Amex Plat travel, SBI AURUM, ICICI APay + ICICI Sapphiro FYF (Just upgraded from Coral), Kotak White Reserve + Kotak Privy League Signature + Kotak Myntra, BOB eterna + snapdeal + HPCL, IndusInd Indulge (Just upgraded from CV explorer), Yes BYOC, One Card, RBL World Safari + Supercard.

So to sum it up, HDFC policy (arrogance) is irrespective of your current cibil score or card portfolio, once you have a blip with them, they want you out, even after you have paid them in full !

IRONY indeed, even with this cocky attitude they became the 4th largest bank ! Bhagwaan bhi ek galti maaf karta hai, HDFC nahi 😂🤣😅
Many banks have some stringent set of rules which seems very awkward to customer like us. I really understand your concern of late payment (tiny amount), but in case amount doesn't matter to bank.

You have got some good portfolio of cards and premium cards too. In case you really want to have HDFC card in your portfolio list is take card by FD route either with the list is attached. Diners network cards are not available by this route as per my knowledge. Maintain some relationship value with HDFC bank like privilege banking for couple of years or may be salary account and move from your RM for an unsecured card. We just need to prove the bank we are worthful customer.

Trust me I fought from 2021 August on this and got unsecured card in July 2023.

1694435493649.png

Many banks have some stringent set of rules which seems very awkward to customer like us. I really understand your concern of late payment (tiny amount), but in case amount doesn't matter to bank.

You have got some good portfolio of cards and premium cards too. In case you really want to have HDFC card in your portfolio list is take card by FD route either with the list is attached. Diners network cards are not available by this route as per my knowledge. Maintain some relationship value with HDFC bank like privilege banking for couple of years or may be salary account and move from your RM for an unsecured card. We just need to prove the bank we are worthful customer.

Trust me I fought from 2021 August on this and got unsecured card in July 2023.

View attachment 29142
But someone in TF, upgrade limit via fd, Thereafter he requested to upgrade to dcb, the request successfully processed.

do you have inform 4 neu infinity?

Back