• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC DCB Retention or card close

ronakmehta

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have the renewal of my HDFC DCB card coming up soon, and it's a paid one. I haven't spent 5,00,000 Rs. However, I would like to know if HDFC waves off the renewal fees upon request or offers a retention bonus. For me, this card may become useless with the fees and may close this.

Money was already charged on my account and due to delay in their email response, I had also paid the fee with GST by the due date. Later, they gave credit to my account.

Whenever you raise a Card Closure request, you might get a call from the issuer bank's retention team. You can negotiate for fee waivers, LTF conversions or potential card downgrades to one of your choice with LTF possibility. I don't know how to explain in a more clearer way.
Yes I get it but you would be negotiating fee waivers which is already included as benefit in LTF. How often people downgrade the card? I would personally never get into a situation where I upgraded without thinking of all possibilities.

Yes I get it but you would be negotiating fee waivers which is already included as benefit in LTF.
Read my previous post again.
How often people downgrade the card? I would personally never get into a situation where I upgraded without thinking of all possibilities.
If one got a better card from another issuing body and holding the old card per it's fees and benefits don't make sense anymore, people downgrade.

Fee waivers can be taken first on the card if available. But if the support is adamant on not complying, you can request to downgrade to a lower variant conditioned LTF in order to continue to hold a card from your old issuer for future offers and benefits and retaining the credit limit already available on that card account.

Yes I get it but you would be negotiating fee waivers which is already included as benefit in LTF. How often people downgrade the card? I would personally never get into a situation where I upgraded without thinking of all possibilities.
I've downgraded from Regalia LTF to Millennia LTF due to the RPs devaluation and stopping of 10x accelerated BRPs on SmartBuy. Now they've offered me DCB LTF (declined) and Infinia Metal FYF (RM is trying to push for LTF)

Wo locker kaha milta sirji 😂 BM bol rha 3 km dur wali branch mein hai. Mein bola to udhar hi shift kr leta mera account, he went silent.
Ask to see the waitlist register. Usually that does the trick if escalated to your Imperia RM. Of course, metro branches may not have any lockers available due to the high demand, but tier 2/3 cities usually have a few (reserved for new HNI customers)

Back