• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Debit card upgrade clarification

I am maintaining salary account with hdfc and its an imperia account. I have hdfc easy shop platinum debit card, in debit card upgrade section there is another platinum card is showing attached screenshot for reference. Can anyone explain What is the difference between easy shop premium and the normal platinum debit card?

Attachments

• D1AF6C10-1D53-4FC8-9B32-AE0EEB069872.jpeg
    D1AF6C10-1D53-4FC8-9B32-AE0EEB069872.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I am maintaining salary account with hdfc and its an imperia account. I have hdfc easy shop debit card, in debit card upgrade section there is another platinum card is showing attached screenshot for reference. Can anyone explain What is the difference between easy shop premium and the normal platinum debit card?
All Platinum debit cards are easyshop platinum debit card with same benefits and features. Since, you have Imperia account, if you apply you will get the same card basically with Imperia mentioned on it and with different card design.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am maintaining salary account with hdfc and its an imperia account. I have hdfc easy shop debit card, in debit card upgrade section there is another platinum card is showing attached screenshot for reference. Can anyone explain What is the difference between easy shop premium and the normal platinum debit card?
Easy shop platinum you mean?

all platinum cards are same wrt limit or rewards.......only difference is the card color....

Trust Me

TF Ace
All Platinum debit cards are easyshop platinum debit card with same benefits and features. Since, you have Imperia account, if you apply you will get the same card basically with Imperia mentioned on it and with different card design.
Easy shop platinum you mean?

all platinum cards are same wrt limit or rewards.......only difference is the card color....

Not necessarily, if I am to believe the HDFC Imperia customer support!

My expiring regular SB account DC was automatically renewed a few weeks after I had upgraded my relationship to Imperia. The new DC had "Easy Shop" and "Platinum" printed on it, but looked rather ordinary, with no mention of 'Imperia'.

I was confused. So called up the customer support, and was informed that it was just an ordinary card, and not a Platinum card (in spite of what was printed on it)! It was automatically sent just to replace my expiring ordinary card.

I was then advised to apply for an upgrade to a Platinum card through netbanking in accordance with my entitlement as an Imperia customer. I did so, and received an 'Imperia' branded real Easy Shop Platinum card this time in due course! :)

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

My expiring regular SB account DC was automatically renewed a few weeks after I had upgraded my relationship to Imperia. The new DC had "Easy Shop" and "Platinum" printed on it, but looked rather ordinary, with no mention of 'Imperia'.

I was confused. So called up the customer support, and was informed that it was just an ordinary card, and not a Platinum card (in spite of what was printed on it)! It was automatically sent just to replace my expiring ordinary card.

I was then advised to apply for an upgrade to a Platinum card through netbanking in accordance with my entitlement as an Imperia customer. I did so, and received an 'Imperia' branded real Easy Shop Platinum card this time in due course! :)
So as per them what is the difference between the two?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

May be you are right.... having imperia printed on platinum card gives it outwardly aura ...
Real ki baat hi aur hai

Trust Me

TF Ace
So as per them what is the difference between the two?

Just that the one that came automatically for renewal was not a Platinum card in reality, in spite of having it printed as such right on the card itself!

Whereas the one I'd upgraded to as Platinum, is indeed a Platinum that I am using now.