• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Diners Club Black- Life Time Free

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Applied to DCB LTF under the premier campus program.

Received this msg "Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application No.************ is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks. We will update you soon."

Any idea, what happens next? and how long does it take to get the card approved after this message? And how long is the dispatch time?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I was getting offered DCB club prevelige not black because of my salary below 1.75 do I need to take club prevelige and upgrade to black or try applying for black and get rejected and again wait for 6 months to apply again?? please suggest.
this is month end, try visiting the branch once as RMs will be trying to complete targets. if your salary is falling short by a small difference, they might still give you the card.
it helps if you already have an account, in return they might ask you to make a small FD which will earn the RM additional brownie points.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I know people who have got it at even 1.1-1.25Lpa salary.

It depends on company you're working for your alma mater and the person who is helping you. Push for it a bit they will listen eventually.
I've been trying to negotiate with salary a bit less but they are not willing to give LTF despite being member of premium club and alumni both. Any tips? They are saying offer not available for upgrades and your salary is less @Tosh

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I've been trying to negotiate with salary a bit less but they are not willing to give LTF despite being member of premium club and alumni both. Any tips? They are saying offer not available for upgrades and your salary is less @Tosh
try C2C method if you have more than 1 year old cc with limit more than 5lacs. they know about this method but will never suggest it to you themselves.

i don't know about upgrade, but when i saw the pdf a long time back for alumni program, they had mentioned 'upgrade your existing card to ltf'.
the rules might have changed, but to confirm, please email.their grievance redressal team. if they say that upgrades are not eligible, the you can be sure.

thejaguar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
They are useless people. Just want to sell policies
this - they bug you non stop for those damn life insurance policies so that they can meet their quotas and get a "foreign" trip. I have had to threaten my bank manager that I will close my Imperia relationship with them if they call me again with useless product upsells - that finally stopped the calls.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You can take DCP LTF under alumini program too. They are stringent on salary and did not offer DCB to my wife who was falling short of 1200 Rs of 1.75 lakhs and asked her to take DCP .

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not sure about upgrading but you can try and negotiate by sending request to grievance redressal to process and make exception. Else get the person who reached out to you to do the same.

AJ331

TF Select
Simple. For upgrades from any existing HDFC Card to LTF DCB under Alumni Program, you need either to have more than 1.75 Lacs PM salary or Credit Limit of 5 Lacs or more on ur exisitng HDFC Credit Card.

Mail to the Priority Redressal email ID at priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com with ur concern.

It will be done smoothly.
can this happen for Diners Privilege to DCB LTF upgrade
Salary slightly lower than 1.75
but current Diners Privilege have 5 lakh credit limit and it was issued 6 months back

This DCP was issued under Alumni program only

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
can this happen for Diners Privilege to DCB LTF upgrade
Salary slightly lower than 1.75
but current Diners Privilege have 5 lakh credit limit and it was issued 6 months back

This DCP was issued under Alumni program only
The HDFC Alumni Program itself is to introduce High Potential Customers to Diners Club. Once you have entered the program with DCP the purpose of the Bank to introduce you to Diners Club is already achieved.

Now, unless you push it hard through ur RM or through the Priority Redressal Team, they are not going to do it easily.

However, once u qualify the Card Limit or Income criteria, you definitely have a very strong case for upgrade to DCB.

Good Luck!

ccboyman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can take DCP LTF under alumini program too. They are stringent on salary and did not offer DCB to my wife who was falling short of 1200 Rs of 1.75 lakhs and asked her to take DCP .
They told me company name also matters. Few people with big brand names got it for less than 1.75 lac net income

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Upgrades are very difficult in hdfc and to a LTF card is very very hard. They are very adamant. Their main aim is to board new customers and they are willing to please them only