• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Ergo Optima Secure Health insurance

warden

TF Buzz
I havent. Long time Star and Tata user. But planning to shift parent's star policy to Care Supreme this year. The pricing and the features(cumulative bonus upto 500%) are lucrative.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Have you'll checked the Acko app for Medical insurance?
They have Unlimited Sum Insured option with Zero waiting period.
Yes but have you tried applying and take the policy. The probability is quite low that you will get the policy issued in the first place.
I know many PPL who get rejected for policy in acko but accepted for issuance from other insurers easily.
So unlimited sum insured and zero waiting period doesn't mean they are offering it you for sure, criteria and screening is strictly set by them

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have anyone taken Hdfc Ergo Optima Secure health insurance?
its the market leader now.. if you disclose all information and do it right its one of the best in the market.. It may be a little expensive as compared to a few other gimmicky policies.. but is overall a good one.. Niva Bupa also has good policy as products but their service is horrible terrible and worst..

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Optima Secure, detailed prospectus has least terms and conditions and most of the things are already included in policy instead of separate addons.
Yes , policy is costly compared to others and premium increases every year, but you can bring down cost by opting for Rs.50000 compulsory deductible (40% discount), and taking a floater policy (45% discount on additional member as per age slab).
I wish HDFC Optica secure introduces OPD benefits and Maternity Benefits as addons.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
HDFC Optima Secure, detailed prospectus has least terms and conditions and most of the things are already included in policy instead of separate addons.
Yes , policy is costly compared to others and premium increases every year, but you can bring down cost by opting for Rs.50000 compulsory deductible (40% discount), and taking a floater policy (45% discount on additional member as per age slab).
I wish HDFC Optica secure introduces OPD benefits and Maternity Benefits as addons.
I have corporate policy of cover 3 lacs. I am thinking of opting 1 lac deductible. Is it good idea? Or I need to reconsider my decision. What's your opinion

palen

TF Premier
A point to note, HDFC Ergo ups their premiums by a lot of percent on renewals. Make sure you get this information from sales before making a decision.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A point to note, HDFC Ergo ups their premiums by a lot of percent on renewals. Make sure you get this information from sales before making a decision.
i hope they dont raise premium more than what a new customer will get (everything else remaining constant like age etc)

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
My age is 27 and wife's age is 24.
I am looking for Hdfc ergo optima super secure plan. This is 3 year plan. With base cover 20 lacs. Which will become 5x i.e. 1 Cr in 3 years. With deductible 1 lacs premium for 3 year is 30,515. So yearly 10k only. Please see below screenshot. With deductibles it's getting at very low price. I am opting deductible as I will cover this 1 lac from corporate policy. IMG_20240125_135154.jpg

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have corporate policy of cover 3 lacs. I am thinking of opting 1 lac deductible. Is it good idea? Or I need to reconsider my decision. What's your opinion
The incremental discount between 50k and 1 lac deductible is 10%. Decide accordingly. Corporate policy will be in force only till you are working with the company and after retirement you need insurance most.
Also in the screenshot you shared, you are getting Rs. 36000/- discount on 62000 premium not 1 lac. With 50k deductible this 36k discount will reduce to approx 30k.

palen

TF Premier
I am looking for Hdfc ergo optima super secure plan. This is 3 year plan. With base cover 20 lacs. Which will become 5x i.e. 1 Cr in 3 years. With deductible 1 lacs premium for 3 year is 30,515. So yearly 10k only. Please see below screenshot. With deductibles it's getting at very low price. I am opting deductible as I will cover this 1 lac from corporate policy. IMG_20240125_135154.jpg
I'm not sure how you applied this policy. Ask the sales person what will be renewal cost.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
get 50 L / 1cr cover.. premium difference is minimal.. you will be set for life..

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
get 50 L / 1cr cover.. premium difference is minimal.. you will be set for life
v gd deal.. dont take deductible.. increase cover.. you are young, you will get higher cover.. pay slightly higher premium its ok.. make sure all disclosure is clear and truthful.. you will have the best policy..

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
get 50 L / 1cr cover.. premium difference is minimal.. you will be set for life

v gd deal.. dont take deductible.. increase cover.. you are young, you will get higher cover.. pay slightly higher premium its ok.. make sure all disclosure is clear and truthful.. you will have the best policy..
If I will take 20 lacs base cover it will become 5x after 3 years that is 1 Cr. That's why I am opting for 20 lacs

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If I will take 20 lacs base cover it will become 5x after 3 years that is 1 Cr. That's why I am opting for 20 lacs
buy 50 L you have a long life ahead.. will never need another cover.. i understand what you are saying.. 3x is only when you buy for 3 yrs everytime.. 1L deductible is risky.. rest your decision.. best wishes..

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Base cover is something that is there with you for life. Other multipliers are special offers that can change over time and as and when product benefit changes. If for some reason you want to port out your policy they will always look at the sum assured.

With 50k Deductible 40% and with 1 lac deductible 50% discount in premium is offered. Opinions are divided on this, however if you can afford full premium you should go for it. Remember deductibles are on the amount approved by claim settlement and it might be less than total cost incurred on treatment.