• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Newbie Seeking Guidance: Arogya Sanjeevani Plan Switching

xfactcc

TF Premier
Hello everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to health insurance and I need some help. It's my first time dealing with porting/migration.

Background:

I opted for the Arogya Sanjeevani plan from Aditya Birla with a 5 lakh SI (Sum Insured) via PhonePe because the premium was cheap. However, I later found out it is a group plan, and now I need to switch insurers, because other insurers like Acko provide better value.

I've learned that the group plan must be migrated to retail first before switching, as retail to retail or retail to group porting is only possible.

As my current plan is expiring on 12 May, and maximum 60 days before expiry porting request can be placed, so I emailed them. I received a call from Aditya Birla, and they said they would migrate me to their retail Activ Health Platinum plan with an 8k premium. I need to pay premium and confirm the migration and continue with this retail plan for the coming year, and then from next year, I can port to other plans or switch insurers.

Does everything look good with the process? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to health insurance and I need some help. It's my first time dealing with porting/migration.

Background:

I opted for the Arogya Sanjeevani plan from Aditya Birla with a 5 lakh SI (Sum Insured) via PhonePe because the premium was cheap. However, I later found out it is a group plan, and now I need to switch insurers, because other insurers like Acko provide better value.

I've learned that the group plan must be migrated to retail first before switching, as retail to retail or retail to group porting is only possible.

As my current plan is expiring on 12 May, and maximum 60 days before expiry porting request can be placed, so I emailed them. I received a call from Aditya Birla, and they said they would migrate me to their retail Activ Health Platinum plan with an 8k premium. I need to pay premium and confirm the migration and continue with this retail plan for the coming year, and then from next year, I can port to other plans or switch insurers.

Does everything look good with the process? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Group plan ?
Whom are your group with ?
Their age ? Disease.

Best is take one for you and your spouse and child
And for parents different bcz their age can make your premium higher..

There is YouTube channel called LABOUR LAW ADVISER ( LLA) CHECK THEIR BUYING GUIDE OF HEALTH INSURANCE