• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Ergo Optima Secure Health insurance

HDFC doesn't says this in policy wordings, and if it is a hidden clause it is very wrong.

And yes, once you opt in for deductible, you can not opt out before 5 years.
Yes I have confirmed from them. However this is applicable only if the pre-deductible payment (through a corporate plan for instance) is more than the deductible amount.

For instance if the hospital bill is 5 lakh and, corporate coverage is 3 lakh and HDFC policy deductible 1 lakh, corporate will pay the first 3 lakh and HDFC will then pay the remaining 2 lakh on a reimbursement basis.

Yes I have confirmed from them. However this is applicable only if the pre-deductible payment (through a corporate plan for instance) is more than the deductible amount.

For instance if the hospital bill is 5 lakh and, corporate coverage is 3 lakh and HDFC policy deductible 1 lakh, corporate will pay the first 3 lakh and HDFC will then pay the remaining 2 lakh on a reimbursement basis.
I think its unnecessary complication just to save few thousands.

It all seems good right now, but when someone will be ill then their family wont have energy to fight HDFC to explain all this and they will need to pay from their own pockets and then chase HDFC for months for reimbursement.

deductible is as per policy.. in ur above example you can claim 4 L from hdfc if ur deductible is 1 L.. and corporate can remain unused!!

deductible is as per policy.. in ur above example you can claim 4 L from hdfc if ur deductible is 1 L.. and corporate can remain unused!!
Yeah but there's no benefit in leaving corporate unused... And the coverage is free. While leaving ERGO unused gives you NCB

Okk bro tks coz planning for laser treatment 😁 and pre requisite for this one ??
You should check the T&C and waiting period.
I think there will be waiting period of 1/2 year depending upon the policy company.

Just check the brochure of health policy!!

Right now you can compare this one with ICICI ELEVATE!!

Back