• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC is offering imperia upgrqade from preferred account , any catch ?

He asked the rm if he can add his family members under it, the rm is saying it is not advisable as the tax liability for all the family account will reflect in my brother's account.

Your RM is openly lying about income tax laws to you and you still trust him/her. Request change in RM. Don't waste time dealing with such people

Below are few points based on my experience with Imperia account & Family members added as part of group.

1 - There will be Intrest certificate generated for each FY on per account basis in the name of account holder which is taxable as per individual Tax slab. (No connection here with Group's primary account holder for tax purpose).
2 - All accounts under a family banking group may have different RM.
3 - Unless you are getting Free locker as part of Imperia program, It's just a fancy tag attached to your account with no extra benefits as compared to Preferred banking program.

Below are few points based on my experience with Imperia account & Family members added as part of group.

1 - There will be Intrest certificate generated for each FY on per account basis in the name of account holder which is taxable as per individual Tax slab. (No connection here with Group's primary account holder for tax purpose).
2 - All accounts under a family banking group may have different RM.
3 - Unless you are getting Free locker as part of Imperia program, It's just a fancy tag attached to your account with no extra benefits as compared to Preferred banking program.
My rm gave me marriot bonvoy LTF bro

My brother has an imperia account with HDFC bank.
He asked the rm if he can add his family members under it, the rm is saying it is not advisable as the tax liability for all the family account will reflect in my brother's account.

He is not a joint holder in the family account as each of us has individual account on single name only.

Is the information given by rm true or isbhe trying to weasel out of the Hassel of mapping all the family members under existing imperia ?
Not true at all :)
The tax liabilities does not imply on the Head Account, it stays on individual holders.

My brother has an imperia account with HDFC bank.

He is not a joint holder in the family account as each of us has individual account on single name only.

Is the information given by rm true or isbhe trying to weasel out of the Hassel of mapping all the family members under existing imperia ?
Go and talk to bm

Good to see that. May be you have got a good RM or you have good negotiation skills. In my case I am still stuck with an useless Virtual RM.
no negitiation man. He called my and said how are you doing sir, you are being offered marriot bonvoy card and ill convert it to LTF, i said okay apply it for me, he filled the form and i checked the link of form and submitted and done

Okay, No Joining Fees and No benefits too. Good anyways, that can be used as good lounge card.
yeah main purpose is that only. but i am thinking of getting amex plat travel card, so then will convert this LTF to paid to 15k points 😅

Plus free IMPS, and very useful SMS alerts. Maybe the consolidated account statements should be counted too. And easy customer service access on phone.

Plus free IMPS, and very useful SMS alerts. Maybe the consolidated account statements should be counted too. And easy customer service access on phone.
Agreed(y). Also few other perks like - Lifetime Demat AMC Free and reduced brokerage charges plan. At the end depends person to person what all services he/she is planning to avail.

Hi I would like to update that after a lot of follow my account has been mapped under my brother's imperia account.
Thanx for all the advice to keep pushing the rm for the mapping

Back