• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold HDFC is offering upgrade from Millenia to Regalia Gold LTF.

sudoabhi

TF Premier
Hi
HDFC is offering LTF upgrade to Regalia Gold credit card on my existing Millenia Card.
My Millenia is also LTF and has limit of 3.46L
Should I consider taking the offer or is it better to stay on Millenia ?
What are your suggestions?

1718972674855.png

Solution
I've also got an LTF upgrade to Regallia gold from my Millenia LTF but I also feel that it's more of a downgrade (at least for me). I do not visit airports so lounge access isn't really valuable to me. Shopping/Food/Utilities are taken care by 5% Millenia cashback so I don't see any good incentive to move to Regallia gold.
I decided to upgrade as I was not getting any significant benefit out of Millennia.
I will tell you how-
Millenia gives 5% cashpoints on 10 specific merchants out of which I use Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato and Tata Cliq(occasionally) only.
Millennia gives 1% on all other including EMI and Wallet trx.

For Amazon - I have ICICI Amazon
Swiggy/Zomato/Utilities - I have Airtel Axis
Flipkart/Myntra - I...
Hemang bro, meri month ki 20k ki utilities bill nahi aate bhai. And jitne aate hain monthly wo mai Airtel Axis se kar leta hun.
Haan bhai, if you are a HDFC customer, do use PayZapp, you get good offers sometimes.
Haan train tickets Payzapp se karo 10% (5% + 5%) milega. Par railway surcharge lagta hai 1%+gst CC se pay krne pe. Toh usko mind krke bhi acha cashback hota hai.
Mere most of trx Millennia se wahin pe hote the.
ha bhai fir to dikakt nahi hai. Mere utilites per month 10k touch ho jata hai. Also i don't want to get neucoins for my bill pay. Real cashback is more lucrative. Yesterday i calculated for infinia, if we pay utilites by buying amazon pay balance (loading through amazon gv), we get around 4.4% cashback. So yes regalia gold ke baad vali upgrade bhi achi rahegi. Rest i also thinking to take LTF Gold regalia.

Flipmart - 5x ka matlab. 1000 rupees ka purchase karne pe 26 rps milenge (4 points per 150 rupees spent.) and if redeem against gv then value comes at Rs 9.1. which in % would be ~0.91% return. Also redemption charges 99+GST.
pretty sure a spend of Rs 1000 would only net 24 RP, as most card don't give out fractional points (SC Ultimate was/is a card that gave you fractional points iirc). a spend of Rs 1050 would net you 28 RPs (4 RP per 150 Rs.), even a rupee less will give you only 24.

Last edited:
Any specific reason/benefits why you are suggesting ?
I was trying to calculate the value back for Regalia Gold, and it turned out to be 1.7% if I redeem using the Gold Catalogue (Don't know what exactly the catalog is) and it is 1.3% if I convert to air miles or use on Smartbuy and 0.5% if redeemed against card statement.
The only benefit I am seeing is Lounge access, which I don't really need because I visit lounges occasionally.
Am I missing anything? Please let me know. Thanks.
Wow .. you analyzed like a Linux user . Mostly you are right. Apart from millenia other core cards are really a downgrade to many.
Begging Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I DO YOU? If yes please tell)
Any other benefit of Millenia that I am missing ?

Enjoy the Regalia Gold benefits. But since you asked -

Millenia gives 6.482% return on 1,08,000 spends in a quarter. It's a much better reward rate than many top tier cards.

From August onwards though, the return rate will slightly reduce to 6.427% because of the statement redemption fee.

Enjoy the Regalia Gold benefits. But since you asked -

Millenia gives 6.482% return on 1,08,000 spends in a quarter. It's a much better reward rate than many top tier cards.

From August onwards though, the return rate will slightly reduce to 6.427% because of the statement redemption fee.
How do you get 6.4% ? Milestone benefits?
And why the number 1,08,000 ?

Last edited:
Hi
HDFC is offering LTF upgrade to Regalia Gold credit card on my existing Millenia Card.
My Millenia is also LTF and has limit of 3.46L
Should I consider taking the offer or is it better to stay on Millenia ?
What are your suggestions?

View attachment 58229
Take it LTF !!!
I got it as FYF from regalia to gold
lifestyle benefits are good
Travel benefits too
Lounge might be useful some or the other time

I am holding Moneyback LTF, being offered Regalia FYF, should i take ?
Already hold Tata Neu Infinity LTF

last time was offered Millenaia FYF, i rejected as i wanted it LTF
Any chance of they offering me LTF in future if i reject again this time ... well its HDFC..

I am holding Moneyback LTF, being offered Regalia FYF, should i take ?
Already hold Tata Neu Infinity LTF

last time was offered Millenaia FYF, i rejected as i wanted it LTF
Any chance of they offering me LTF in future if i reject again this time ... well its HDFC..
I am also holding Moneyback plus LTF currently and first they offered Regalia GOLD FYF but since I did not upgrade, now I am getting it LTF (LTF offer took almost 2-2.5 months after they offered it FYF)
And today I accepted the Regalia GOLD LTF upgrade.

I am also holding Moneyback plus LTF currently and first they offered Regalia GOLD FYF but since I did not upgrade, now I am getting it LTF (LTF offer took almost 2-2.5 months after they offered it FYF)
Now i have hope, will reject FYF again then, will wait till they make it LTF

Did your old rewards points will go into Regalia?

I think they converted on the basis of the value of the reward points. I had 1630 reward points and now I have 815 - the value of these 815 points would be similar to 1630 MB+ reward points I guess.
In MB+ Basic value for 1 RP=0.20 and In Regalia also IRP=0.20. it should be 1630.

Back