• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc merged my credit limit of three cards

Idk, that's something as strange as 2-3 non co branded card to one HDFC customer.

He isn't responding, let's see.
You can have only one core HDFC card. But you may have other conbranded card more than one.
You can also have an extra HDFC exclusive card if you don't want co branded only when you are using a visa card and HDFC may issue a virtual only Rupay Card.

I have limit of RS 3 lakh but it's shared across my three credit cards including Milennia which is HDFC exclusive and two conbranded cards which are Tata New and Swiggy

I have 2 core cards from HDFC with different limits. When I got issued the second card the sales guy split the limit of my old card so I can keep both. Now the redressal team refuses to close the old card and combine the limits again - they're saying I need to pass a credit check again.

Alternatively, they mentioned that I can take a Tata Neu card and they can get it done. Since I heard applying through HDFC can lead to card not being approved, can I apply myself through the TATA Neu app?

Will the limits of all three cards automatically merge - does anyone have any idea how it works.

Explain in detail!!
So if u have 8 lakhs limit and you're upgrading from Regalia to DCB. If it's an HDFC agent themself who comes, collects documents and does it for you. They have someway of splitting the limit. So they keep 5 lakh limit for DCB and 3 lakh for Regalia.

I think they only do it offline and this was just that guy thinking he was being helpful - we found out later once the card was issued. Probably because of Diners acceptability issues.

So if u have 8 lakhs limit and you're upgrading from Regalia to DCB. If it's an HDFC agent themself who comes, collects documents and does it for you. They have someway of splitting the limit. So they keep 5 lakh limit for DCB and 3 lakh for Regalia.

I think they only do it offline and this was just that guy thinking he was being helpful - we found out later once the card was issued. Probably because of Diners acceptability issues.
Then you can try getting Tata Neu but that too will be shared from 5L limit as I believe

Back