• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Buzz
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.
Its 5% for using hdfc dc on smartbuy + your core dc reward rate.

You somehow got misleaded by 5% dc cashback and 5% smartbuy cashback. You only get 5% from smartbuy for using hdfc dc.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Its 5% for using hdfc dc on smartbuy + your core dc reward rate.

You somehow got misleaded by 5% dc cashback and 5% smartbuy cashback. You only get 5% from smartbuy for using hdfc dc.
Wapis read karo usne kya likha hai.

5+5+2.5 mila hai usko

This was working in Old feature wala Millennia CC as well since long time🤣

Jabhi toh Millennia CC ko revamp kiya aur devalue kar diya by removing 5% for Smartbuy and 2.5% for online Usage as Card Features🤣

I looted a lot when it was live in Millennia CC

Afterer OP Post seems like Millennia DC still Working for 5+5+2.5

5+5+2.5 mila hai usko

Jabhi toh Millennia CC ko revamp kiya aur devalue kar diya by removing 5% for Smartbuy and 2.5% for online Usage as Card Features🤣

I didn't knew about it.

Thanks for the info.

desiviru

TF Buzz

5+5+2.5 mila hai usko

Yeah we all got extra benefit with millenia CC in same way in past. I used to buy product from Amazon via Smartbuy during GIF sales. There used to be 10% with HDFC CC on Amazon and via Smartbuy 5% extra cashback in statement. So we used to get 5% of total value as smartbuy cashback. There were double benefits as 5% reward points were also there which used to credit in 90 days. So all in all 10% instant discount + 5% smartbuy cashback upto 750 and 5% millenia CC RP also upto 1000 were good times.

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wow sweet new knowledge.
I always thought millennia dc gives 5+5 %. But since the 1% millennia dc feature is given on wallet load. Doing 40k account to account xfer was a no brainer.
And thought one should use the millennia cc to get the 6% from smartbuy.

But now this means 2.5% extra is better. 5340 is tough no for gyftr voucher buying. Probably best is to buy 5k voucher and 2.5k bank transfer/ cc pay.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Is there is anything new. I only know these benefits of millenia dc. @desiviru
Pls tell

Q.1. if I buy gift voucher from smartbuy/payzapp then the capping of 1000rs will be counted.

Not the 400rs cashback
Q. 2. I pay 40k credit card bill of other bank than hdfc via net banking to get 400rs.

Can you tell me where can I pay credit card bill of 16000rs by other apps to get 400rs cashback @2.5% online spend.

Q.3. is there any more cashbacks rate or capping I m missing.
Pls tell @VISHESH_BANSAL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623-214508.png
    Screenshot_20240623-214508.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 12

Bhanu Agarwal

TF Premier
BTW those who are not aware, AU bank giving 5% extra cashback as rewards over base rewards.
Let say base rewards cashback is 2% then total will be 7% as cashback in terms of rewards.
Offer valid on all GC's till tomorrow

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Is there is anything new. I only know these benefits of millenia dc. @desiviru
Pls tell

Q.1. if I buy gift voucher from smartbuy/payzapp then the capping of 1000rs will be counted.

Not the 400rs cashback
Q. 2. I pay 40k credit card bill of other bank than hdfc via net banking to get 400rs.

Can you tell me where can I pay credit card bill of 16000rs by other apps to get 400rs cashback @2.5% online spend.

Q.3. is there any more cashbacks rate or capping I m missing.
Pls tell @VISHESH_BANSAL
If you can Pay CC Bills worth 16k every month, then psy it and get 400 every month.

Simple

Except Mobikwik,Payzapp and Bajaj wherever you are getting DC option pay 16k

desiviru

TF Buzz
Apart from 5% card specific CB, I thought we get only 5% smartbuy CB (1000/month) ~ total 10% as mentioned by @D₹V in this thread

Thread 'HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card & It's Benefits ❤️🔥' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-bank-millennia-debit-card-its-benefits-❤️🔥.16374/

Do we also get 2.5% for online usage as well?@VISHESH_BANSAL @NShah
Yes just like millennia CC where we get 5% cashback from smartbuy and 1% online spend rewards from Millennia CC. But thing is 5% + 2.5% has max. cap of 400.

@ms1712

TF Buzz

Bhai Mera doubt koi clear kr 2 ye mere yhn hdfc branch mei sb lo#u bhre h.
Agr jaise mai millenia dc se smartbuy pe purchase krta hoon to mujhe 5% ka CB milta h to ye cashback 400 ke sum mei count hoga aur jo smart buy se 1000 ka CB per month milta h vo alag milega ya fr vo bhi 400 mei he include hoga