• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Smartbuy - Flight booking hidden advantage

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

Most of us are aware that flights/hotel prices on HDFC Smartbuy are generally higher/same(without scope of additional discounts) compare to travel sites like Makemytrip etc.

But based on my recent flight bookings, I noticed that flights booked via Smartbuy comes with added advantage of Free preferred seat selection and also complimentary meal.
I booked across Indigo & SpiceJet and both the bookings provided me free seat selection and a Veg meal :)

So I think if the discounts on travel sites are not more than 400-500 one side then Smartbuy will be better to book flights with above added combos :)
Again there is no guarantee if Seat Selection & Free meal will be provided on every ticket booked since it is no where mentioned whenever we book flight on Smartbuy.

Anyone else experienced the same as above please share your experience.

I have had similar random encounters where free seat/meal was offered booking from a normal site while it wasn't offered the next time.

The explanation of sites offering us the corporate fares when cheaper automatically seems like the most probable answer.
There are no other dots to connect as the process being followed for booking is always the same.
I agree with @coolguy1. Often, seat selection and complimentary meals are included in corporate fares. When booking, check the fare details for specifics. Corporate fares also typically offer advantages like flexibility with flight changes and cancellations.

Does any one know how EMIs will work for flight bookings? Like we have a capping of 2500 points with DCB. So, if we make a 6 months EMI so that monthly amount reduces and then full reward points are received. I checked savings calculator but couldn't find accurate information.

Today i booked a ticket in smartbuy through Easemytrip. I didn't get an option to book a seat. What should i do now? I tried to visit indigo site for web check in but the ticket is for June month. Any other alternative way to book a seat.
Go to manage booking section on Indigo website. Enter your PNR and last name. You will get an option to add seats and meals

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 11.11.34 PM.png

Back