• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Health Insurance for neuro surgery in next months.

thekirang

TF Select
Hi,
My family member facing blood cloting issue in veins/artery of brain.

Doctor told for neuro surgery next months.
As per doctor, approximate expense will be 9-10 lakhs.

So I am searching for any health insurance that can help me to pay bills, i cannot afford bill of 9-10 lakhs.

Your suggestions/guidance will be very helpful for me

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,

So I am searching for any health insurance that can help me to pay bills, i cannot afford bill of 9-10 lakhs.

Thank you.
As the diagnosis has already been made, the issue will come under pre existing diseases. You have to disclose it to the insurer, else they can cancel the policy when they find out. All insurers have a waiting period of 2-4 years for pre-existing diseases. Also some insurers don't issue policy if the pre-existing condition is severe (which I'm afraid is the case here as well). Some insurers have addon(rider) which allows accelerated coverage for preexisting disease without waiting period for an additional premium. But i don't think that'll apply here as well because the pre-existing condition here requires treatment immediately.

So I don't think taking a new policy can help, sorry. Consider taking a personal loan i would suggest

I posted this in other forum also, as this is life saving condition for me
I'm sorry, but I don’t have any information that could help you. I'm clueless when it comes to these kinds of situations. I just hope the person recovers soon and you have no regrets.

But, yesterday, while I was reading X. I noticed that a well-reputed SEBI-registered guy tagged someone in one of his tweets when asked about health insurance.

The person’s ID is: https://x.com/NIKHILLJHA

I don’t know this person at all, but there’s no harm in sending him a message on X. His DMs are open, and it seems he deals exclusively with health insurance based on his posts. Perhaps he could give you some advice.

To everyone: This is why health insurance is a must! Please do not ignore it. Health insurance should come before anything else.

If a close relative is employed, try using the route of getting the insurance via the Company... there are instances where waiting period may we waived off in such cases!

I am having this insurance policy TPA is Mediassist from my company and I already claimed 2.38 Lakhs for same patient uterus related surgery last month from medi assist. Total limit was 4 lakhs IMG-20240725-WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don’t have any information that could help you. I'm clueless when it comes to these kinds of situations. I just hope the person recovers soon and you have no regrets.

But, yesterday, while I was reading X. I noticed that a well-reputed SEBI-registered guy tagged someone in one of his tweets when asked about health insurance.

The person’s ID is: https://x.com/NIKHILLJHA

I don’t know this person at all, but there’s no harm in sending him a message on X. His DMs are open, and it seems he deals exclusively with health insurance based on his posts. Perhaps he could give you some advice.

To everyone: This is why health insurance is a must! Please do not ignore it. Health insurance should come before anything else.
Thanks for suggestions. That guy is sharing good info, definitely it will helpful in future. ( i will messege him, as its lil bit urgency) Currently I want to get out of this situation

Hi,

Thank you.
As few members here said that health insurance might not cover pre-existing conditions. Can you contact Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences? They provide free and great quality treatment to everyone.

Hi,

Thank you.
Insurance may not be possible as treatment is planned already.. Try some charitable hospitals who do major surgery for free.. research on that

As few members here said that health insurance might not cover pre-existing conditions. Can you contact Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences? They provide free and great quality treatment to everyone.

perfect.. absolutely... nice

Like most people here have alreasy said, Insurance won't work because of pre existing condition

Try to find some state govt scheme, here in andhra we have YSR Arogya Shree, in odhisa there's BSKY, or you can look into Ayushman Bharat

Also there are certain reputed institutes that are relatively reasonably like CMC Vellore

Back