• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help - CIBIL Score tanked because SBI (wrongly) reported Overdue amount on my loan account

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I have two educational loans from SBI and recently one of them went into overdue for the month of December '22, even though they've been deducting EMI from my loan account on a regular basis. My loan accounts show that I've been making regular payments without missing a single month. This month in January I got 2-3 automated calls from SBI saying my loan account is in overdue. I immediately called up customer care and they confirmed nothing is overdue and that they can see my payments. I emailed the bank - but they didn't reply.

My CIBIL score, which was around 760 earlier tanked to 670 because of this single overdue payment.

Has anyone faced this from SBI/other banks? How did you fix it? What should I do now and how will this affect my card/loan applications in the future?

complaint to Nodal officer and escalate as much as you can they will be forced to help you or file compliant to RBI ombudsman

Back