• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[HELP] ICICI card bill payment via HDFC BillPay issue

SahilKr24

TF Select
I tried paying my ICICI credit card bill using bill pay today around 5:30 PM. I tried to pay the bill a couple of weeks back, but at that time the portal was facing issues, so the payment failed.
Today, when I log back in, I saw that my card was added as a biller, and the last four digits were correct and the status was active, so I proceeded to pay. I was able to make the payment using my HDFC debit card and I got the success message from bill pay but I haven't received the amount in my ICICI card.
I know it takes around two days at least and even more but the problem is I am not sure if all the 16 digits of the card were correct since the bill pay portal only shows the last four digits. I tried calling the customer care service and they said that they can also only see the last four digits. Does anyone have an idea how I can figure out all the 16 digits of the card number in which the payment was sent since HDFC Bill Pay does not verify the card number even once.
Thanks for your help.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
ICICI says unko koi paise nahi mile HDFC se, and HDFC says ki unke end se payment successful ho gaya hai. Ab kya karu mai? :(
Wait till today's evening. Weekends don't count. You paid on Thursday evening. That only gives Friday as the 1st working day. And now today. Atleast wait till tomorrow. It'll most likely be credited by today evening.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I tried paying my ICICI credit card bill using bill pay today around 5:30 PM. I tried to pay the bill a couple of weeks back, but at that time the portal was facing issues, so the payment failed.
Today, when I log back in, I saw that my card was added as a biller, and the last four digits were correct and the status was active, so I proceeded to pay. I was able to make the payment using my HDFC debit card and I got the success message from bill pay but I haven't received the amount in my ICICI card.
I know it takes around two days at least and even more but the problem is I am not sure if all the 16 digits of the card were correct since the bill pay portal only shows the last four digits. I tried calling the customer care service and they said that they can also only see the last four digits. Does anyone have an idea how I can figure out all the 16 digits of the card number in which the payment was sent since HDFC Bill Pay does not verify the card number even once.
Thanks for your help.
That's why always put small amount & wait for it to be credited before making large payment.

I hope your payment will settled soon.

SahilKr24

TF Select
Thanks everyone for the support. Got a mail from bill desk today saying that they have settled the transaction with ICICI today afternoon and hence I should wait 24hrs for now. They have confirmed that the CC account holder name is my name only so the cc number entered should be correct. Waiting for ICICI to realise this payment now.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks everyone for the support. Got a mail from bill desk today saying that they have settled the transaction with ICICI today afternoon and hence I should wait 24hrs for now. They have confirmed that the CC account holder name is my name only so the cc number entered should be correct. Waiting for ICICI to realise this payment now.
What was the tat?

Paid bill on 20th, still not reflecting in icici.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It got credited on 16th evening so 4 days including holidays
Paid 12th Oct Thursday 5:30PM -> Credit 16th Oct Monday 5PM.

I also paid this week on 23rd Oct 2PM and it was credited today i.e. 26th Oct 5PM
Thanks for the reply.

I made the above comment at 5.24 pm, amount was credited at 5.30 pm.

Haha looks like icici has some spys over here.

Last edited:

SahilKr24

TF Select
For others who stumble upon this thread, you can send a mail to `billpay@billdesk.com` in the following format:

Subject:
Problem with Credit Card Bill Payment via HDFC Bill Pay
Body:
I recently used HDFC BIll Pay to pay my credit card bill for the card number ending with XXXX. The transaction was successful but my CC has not been credited yet.
I have received the transaction ID as follows: HGXXXXXXXXXXXX. Can you please check and let me know if the payment has been received?
Attaching the transaction details below.
Thanks, and Regards,

Usually they take one day and then reply in such format:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to us.
This is with reference to your email dated 25 October 2023 regarding the status of payment towards XXXX Bank Credit Card.
We have checked the records and find that the below mentioned payment via transaction reference number: HGXXXXXXXXXXX has been successfully updated and settled on 26-10-2023 towards merchant.
We hope the aforesaid information was useful and we were able to address your query to your satisfaction.

The day where they mention the settlement date is when day on which you CC current statement will be updated to show the credit. The payment date in the current statement will be the day you made payment in BillPay.

I hope this helps.

arnalghosh88

TF Premier
bro can you help me how to know bill desk settled the payment or not? I am facing similar issue exactly like you. so plz help.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
bro can you help me how to know bill desk settled the payment or not? I am facing similar issue exactly like you. so plz help.
anyone here to help?

When did u make the payment?

The settlement is happening in 4 to 5 working days currently.

U will know the bill is settled only once the card u paid to receives it.

Also the payment received by cc date will be same as the day u paid it.

arnalghosh88

TF Premier
i paid two icici cc bills on 22th 11:58pm and 23rd 00:01am. two bill payments had 3mins difference.1st one settled on friday evening but the 2nd one is yet to be credited.This is why I am worried about card number mistake.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i paid two icici cc bills on 22th 11:58pm and 23rd 00:01am. two bill payments had 3mins difference.1st one settled on friday evening but the 2nd one is yet to be credited.This is why I am worried about card number mistake.
Imo do not worry, will settle in the timeline mentioned.

If still doesn't settle, then can worry and look for solutions, till then relax.