• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HELP (IDFC BBPS PORTAL)

Abhi2004

TF Select
I paid my SBI card bill using online IDFC BBPS online website . Anyone can pay using the website cc or bank account doesn’t matter . It fetched my sbi card bill from BBPS and took me to PAYU gateway gave an option to pay the bill using Amazon wallet . Amount was deducted but it’s been 15 days no refund nor credit in sbi card .
IDFC customer service and nodal officer too is clueless about this matter . PayU just gave me transaction id and asking me to contact merchant . Complaint page on IDFC BBPS website is giving error.
Please help and guide me what should I should be doing 🙏. Amount is above 29k

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
The nerves people have with 1L 2L rotation based on a simple hunch is just :LOL:. Anyways money is going to be refunded as banks can't keep your money unless its funds embezzlement or "hawala".
I have used IDFC BBPS to make payment on SBI card. but since it was high value transactions, IDFC has reported to SBI and as a result SBI has blocked my card. there is excess payment available in SBI card and now SBI is neither ready to refund excess payment nor ready to unblock card despite giving them all proofs needed. @abhishek kindly help and other pls pass your inputs. I am badly struck now and I need to pay other credit card bill which is due
For you "SBI dude" message on twitter its faster than the normal mail. Try mailing on this - contactcentre@sbi.co.in, it may help and find your inner peace.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier

Orio

TF Select
Hi Bro, Finally after 3 months of continuous followup and escalation with IDFC, BOB and RBI - BOB refunded the money back 10K.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Now they have closed my RBI ombudsman complaint under 14(9)(a) section so there is no option to raise appeal for compensation.
RBI Update - Complaint is closed under non Appealable Clauses of the Ombudsman Scheme.

Checked BOB and got response as
We have taken multiple follow-up with merchant bank to recovered the transaction amount of RS . 9800.00 & we have already posted permanent credit in your credit card . So for compensation amount kindly take follow-up with merchant bank ( HDFC bank ) as they are responsible for delay .

@Abhishek012 is there any chance to get some compensation as they hold money for 3 months. if yes, then do i need to open one more new RBI complaint or please suggest me what's the way to get compensation?
Is anyone received compensation in these scenarios - is it real cause for again fight with them?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Hi Bro, Finally after 3 months of continuous followup and escalation with IDFC, BOB and RBI - BOB refunded the money back 10K.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Now they have closed my RBI ombudsman complaint under 14(9)(a) section so there is no option to raise appeal for compensation.
RBI Update - Complaint is closed under non Appealable Clauses of the Ombudsman Scheme.

Checked BOB and got response as
We have taken multiple follow-up with merchant bank to recovered the transaction amount of RS . 9800.00 & we have already posted permanent credit in your credit card . So for compensation amount kindly take follow-up with merchant bank ( HDFC bank ) as they are responsible for delay .

@Abhishek012 is there any chance to get some compensation as they hold money for 3 months. if yes, then do i need to open one more new RBI complaint or please suggest me what's the way to get compensation?
Is anyone received compensation in these scenarios - is it real cause for again fight with them?
No, you file a chargeback/dispute your transaction right ?

After file a chargeback/dispute. Visa/mastercard/amex/diners club takes upto 90 days to resolve your problem.

RuPay/UPI - upto 30 days.

Orio

TF Select
No, you file a chargeback/dispute your transaction right ?

After file a chargeback/dispute. Visa/mastercard/amex/diners club takes upto 90 days to resolve your problem.

RuPay/UPI - upto 30 days.
Yeah. chrgeback/dispute with BOB Cards.
I've used BOB Rupay card as source card to pay beneficiary SBI Visa so it should be 30 days as source card is Rupay.

kuch milne k chances h kya?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yeah. chrgeback/dispute with BOB Cards.
I've used BOB Rupay card as source card to pay beneficiary SBI Visa so it should be 30 days as source card is Rupay.

kuch milne k chances h kya?
Ok but it also depend on when BOB raised this dispute with RuPay.

First the bank itself tries to find a solution to the problem by talking to the merchant/acquiring banks.

If the merchant doesn’t accept liability during pre-arbitration, the chargeback moves into arbitration. The purpose of arbitration is to place the dispute decision in the hands of an impartial third party: the card network.

Since the issuing and acquiring banks have been unable to settle on an outcome on their own, arbitration gives the card network the power to weigh in and have the final say.

Though arbitration can be beneficial to merchants if they come out triumphant, it’s important to note that it comes with significant fees for the losing party.

chargeback.jpg

Full info -

Or here -

Orio

TF Select
Ok but it also depend on when BOB raised this dispute with RuPay.

First the bank itself tries to find a solution to the problem by talking to the merchant/acquiring banks.

If the merchant doesn’t accept liability during pre-arbitration, the chargeback moves into arbitration. The purpose of arbitration is to place the dispute decision in the hands of an impartial third party: the card network.

Since the issuing and acquiring banks have been unable to settle on an outcome on their own, arbitration gives the card network the power to weigh in and have the final say.

Though arbitration can be beneficial to merchants if they come out triumphant, it’s important to note that it comes with significant fees for the losing party.

chargeback.jpg

Full info -

Or here -

Too much in-depth knowledge.
I know you are boss but i need to know is there any way to get compensation or not.
If yes then what's the way/procedure/solution to get this?

Orio

TF Select
Ask the bank but I don't think they will give you any compensation. No harm to try.
I asked BOB but they told me... in last merchant bank HDFC refunded money and HDFC is responsible for compensation. Please check qith HDFC but how i can check with hdfc as i'm not aware about merchant details so can we open one more Rbi complaint with BOB for compensation so they can chase hdfc ?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I asked BOB but they told me... in last merchant bank HDFC refunded money and HDFC is responsible for compensation. Please check qith HDFC but how i can check with hdfc as i'm not aware about merchant details so can we open one more Rbi complaint with BOB for compensation so they can chase hdfc ?
RBI guidelines - https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=3074

General Instructions covering the TAT :

1. The principle behind the TAT is based on the following :
  1. If the transaction is a ‘credit-push’ funds transfer and the beneficiary account is not credited while the debit to originator has been effected, then credit is to be effected within the prescribed time period failing which the penalty has to be paid to the beneficiary;
  2. If there is delay in initiation of a transaction at the originator bank’s end beyond the TAT, then penalty has to be paid to the originator.

im-raghav

TF Buzz
I initiated a transaction of Rs.90039.29 through IDFC FIRST Bank BBPS Bill Pay on 19th Oct 2023 but it wasn't successful however money got debited from my ICICI Credit Card. I raised this issue with IDFC but I was told to check with my debit bank(ICICI Credit Card) and I raised a dispute transaction for the same with ICICI and it was declined as they say the payment was successful to the merchant. Now, I have mailed IDFC on 17th Feb to customer support, grievance email & twitter also but no response yet. What should I do

prash1161

TF Ace
I must say idfc is m c
They blocked my amount in Bank and also instructed uco bank to hold
Both acc 5k 5k
I am waiting from 2.5 months
Yesterday visited branch again also complaint in rbi no solution
Branch manager told ham kuch nhi kar sakthe hai agge sa hi dikat hai
Koi timeline nhi hai
Inki b k . Janne do jada gali nhi

leonneel

TF Premier
I initiated a transaction of Rs.90039.29 through IDFC FIRST Bank BBPS Bill Pay on 19th Oct 2023 but it wasn't successful however money got debited from my ICICI Credit Card. I raised this issue with IDFC but I was told to check with my debit bank(ICICI Credit Card) and I raised a dispute transaction for the same with ICICI and it was declined as they say the payment was successful to the merchant. Now, I have mailed IDFC on 17th Feb to customer support, grievance email & twitter also but no response yet. What should I do
I also did the trick at that time and 3k was stuck and after multiple followup I got the amount

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Tumlogo k money ab tak kaise fase hai, almost sab ko refund mil gaye hai.

Anyway, you can again apply for chargeback, first time bank will investigate this matter and then 2nd time your payment network.

im-raghav

TF Buzz
I just received a call from IDFC that PayU has accepted the chargeback and to contact ICICI while ICICI says PayU declined the chargeback and to contact IDFC. What to do?

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
I just received a call from IDFC that PayU has accepted the chargeback and to contact ICICI while ICICI says PayU declined the chargeback and to contact IDFC. What to do?
same thing happened with me, chargeback was declined saying transaction was succesfull.

just file rbi ombudsman complaint, and wait as it takes time. i filed rbi ombusdman complaint in january first week and i recieved refund in feb first week, they will call you and may ask for account details to manually process the refund.

in my case i paid via bob credit card upi