• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me make list of best LTF cards

sjasani

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I believe in ltf 4ever. why have a stress of spends or keep faith in company continue to provide coupons in exchange for annual fees.

I have following cards,
HDFC DCB
IDFC Wealth
ICICI Amazon Pay

any more LTF card that I shouldn't miss?

I feel what he meant is which LTF cards are worth keeping rather than just collecting. Actually even I am looking for the same info. Was thinking of making a new post and saw this one

I believe in ltf 4ever. why have a stress of spends or keep faith in company continue to provide coupons in exchange for annual fees.

I have following cards,
HDFC DCB
IDFC Wealth
ICICI Amazon Pay

any more LTF card that I shouldn't miss?

thanks, appreciate it 🙂

i focus more on flat discounts more than earning miles and transferrable points. i know it is completely an opposite school of thought compared to many cc users, but it is based on my own spending pattern and priorities. so you might or might not find that 'ltf4ever' suits you always.
it helps me to control my spending because i dont have to worry about completing spends to waive off fees or win milestone rewards. also there are devaluation worries nowadays. worst case is that you close the card because no more rewards on a particular spend and that will affect your credit score amd relationship with bank. i have observed that lesser known bank cards are getting more discounts nowadays from many startup apps.

cards i have apart from the ones you have:
1. indusind legend - got it through paisabazaar targetted offer. no benefit as far as regular spending is concerned (they even blocked my rewards redemption I think). but inhave saved many thousands using this card on flight bookings, where no other card was giving a good discount.

2. rbl zomato (converted to shoprite after card discontinued): no more valuable. but i extracted a great value from it using 10% birthday spend cashback and when i used to order a lot from zomato. sometimes it is still useful for me to get extra 5% when i pay using zomato on online orders or dine in.

3. flipkart axis - no particular benefit apart from Flipkart+grabdeals combined offers. but dcb (diners club black) vouchers will give more reward % if you buy from gyftr.

4. flipkart myzone - use it 4 times a month on swiggy order and save 480 rupees. bogo on Paytm movies. also useful when cobranded axis fk is not accepted as a part of axis cc offers on e-commerce sites.

5. bob premier: useful when bob or rupay offers are there. lately, their coupns are not getting applied and their team is not responding.

6. au zenith: just received. my only card with priority pass. got it as a part of their ltf for certain employers program. you can find the thread in au bank section of credit cards here. reward redemption options are many so i am hoping some good things from this card.

7. citi and 8. hsbc - they no more offer ltf.

edit: 9 tata neu infinity

edit: 10 standard chartered platinum

edit: 11 ICICI platinum
edit: 12 ICICI sapphiro
edit: 13 kotak white signature

the above cards are offered ltf during some campaigns so you have to be vigilant. especially before big sale days.

other ltd cards that i will never have (because of bad experience with the banks) but you can try:
1. onecard
2. yes bank (don't remember which one, it was some time back offered to me as ltf)
3. axis indian oil (i already have 2 axis so dont need this)
4. au lit: dont know if basic discounts work or not even if you don't customise any features.

also i am not going after banks like pnb, union, federal, uco, idbi, canara, etc etc because i have heard that it is a headache to deal with these banks. but would like to try if they are offering ltf cards in the future.

also, don't fall for phone calls and agents who will claim to give you ltf cards...i have seen many cases myself where the agent disappeared after the card got approved and user had to close the card due to non ltf.

do note that dont apply for all the cards in a short period of time as it may damage your credit score. take your time and space it out across many months.

Last edited:
thanks, appreciate it 🙂

i focus more on flat discounts more than earning miles and transferrable points. i know it is completely an opposite school of thought compared to many cc users, but it is based on my own spending pattern and priorities. so you might or might not find that 'ltf4ever' suits you always.
it helps me to control my spending because i dont have to worry about completing spends to waive off fees. also there are devaluation worries nowadays. worst case is that you close the card because no more rewards on a particular soend and that will affect your credit score amd relationship with bank. i have observed that lesser known bank cards are getting more discounts nowadays from many startup apps.

1. indusind legend - got it through paisabazaar targetted offer. no benefit as far as regular spending is concerned (they even blocked my rewards redemption I think). but inhave saved many thousands using this card on flight bookings, where no other card was giving a good discount.

2. rbl zomato: no more valuable. but i extracted a great value from it using 10% birthday spend cashback and when i used to order a lot from zomato. sometimes it is still useful for me to get extra 5% when i pay using zomato on online orders or dine in.

3. flipkart axis - no particular benefit apart from Flipkart+grabdeals combined offers. but dcb vouchers will give more reward % if you buy from gyftr.

4. flipkart myzone - use it 4 times a month on swiggy order and save 480 rupees. bogo on Paytm movies. also useful when cobranded axis fk is not accepted as a part of axis cc offers on e-commerce sites.

5. bob premier: useful when bob or rupay offers are there. lately, their coupns are not getting applied and their team is not responding.

6. au zenith: just received. my only card with priority pass. got it as a part of their ltf for certain employers program. you can find the thread in au bank section of credit cards here. reward redemption options are many so i am hoping some good things from this card.

7. citi and hsbc - they no more offer ltf.

the above cards are offered ltf during some campaigns so you have to be vigilant. especially before big sale days.

other ltd cards that i will never have (because of bad experience with the banks) but you can try:
1. kotak league
2. onecard
3. yes bank (don't remember which one, it was some time back offered to me as ltf)
4. axis indian oil (i already have 2 axis so dont need this)
5. icici platinum (need to have because cobranded amazon icici cc is not accepted during icici cc discounts).

also, don't fall for phone calls and agents who will claim to give you ltf cards...i have seen many cases myself where the agent disappeared after the card got approved and user had to close the card due to non ltf.
Thats a long list and justifies your id.

My spending and thinking is very similar to yours. So can you suggest which ones to go for? I have IDFC Select and Axis MyZone. Other than these 2 which LTF card to go for?

Thats a long list and justifies your id.

My spending and thinking is very similar to yours. So can you suggest which ones to go for? I have IDFC Select and Axis MyZone. Other than these 2 which LTF card to go for?
in short, try to get 1 from each bank (1 core card + cobranded if your spends are considerable on a particular brand). i only have the ones i mentioned above but I really dont have a preference. whichever card offers are there, i pull it out of my wallet and use. plus i dont know other details about you so i wont know about your employer/alumni based offers and variants that you are eligible for.

i put all my non-offer based spends on dcb (amazon, fk, myntra vouchers, groceries). and zenith (groceries and dining). wallet reloads done using idfc wealth.

in short, try to get 1 from each bank (1 core card + cobranded if your spends are considerable on a particular brand). i only have the ones i mentioned above but I really dont have a preference. whichever card offers are there, i pull it out of my wallet and use. plus i dont know other details about you so i wont know about your employer/alumni based offers and variants that you are eligible for.

i put all my non-offer based spends on dcb (amazon, fk, myntra vouchers, groceries). and zenith (groceries and dining). wallet reloads done using idfc wealth.
Got it thanks

thanks, appreciate it 🙂

it helps me to control my spending because i dont have to worry about completing spends to waive off fees or win milestone rewards. also there are devaluation worries nowadays. worst case is that you close the card because no more rewards on a particular spend and that will affect your credit score amd relationship with bank. i have observed that lesser known bank cards are getting more discounts nowadays from many startup apps.

2. rbl zomato: no more valuable. but i extracted a great value from it using 10% birthday spend cashback and when i used to order a lot from zomato. sometimes it is still useful for me to get extra 5% when i pay using zomato on online orders or dine in.

3. flipkart axis - no particular benefit apart from Flipkart+grabdeals combined offers. but dcb vouchers will give more reward % if you buy from gyftr.

7. citi and hsbc - they no more offer ltf.

1. kotak league
2. onecard
3. yes bank (don't remember which one, it was some time back offered to me as ltf)
4. axis indian oil (i already have 2 axis so dont need this)
5. icici platinum (need to have because cobranded amazon icici cc is not accepted during icici cc discounts).
6. hdfc tata neu cards offered targetted ltf to some. check in app.
7. au lit: dont know if basic discounts work or not even if you don't customise any features.

also i am not going after banks like pnb, union, federal, uco, idbi, canara, etc etc because i have heard that it is a headache to deal with these banks. but would like to try if they are offering ltf cards in the future.

do note that dont apply for all the cards in a short period of time as it may damage your credit score. take your time and space it out across many months.
wow!! that's a lot of good info.

I am of similar mindset, penny saved is penny earned but time is also money. So I don't want to spend too much time thinking about discounts.

I am thinking of getting ICICI sapphiro maybe if they offer ltf. Others I will see over time.

any special reason why wallet reloads are by idfc wealth?

wow!! that's a lot of good info.

I am of similar mindset, penny saved is penny earned but time is also money. So I don't want to spend too much time thinking about discounts.

I am thinking of getting ICICI sapphiro maybe if they offer ltf. Others I will see over time.
on the contrary, i (and many here) have spent considerable amount of time tracking my reward points, studying card statements and emailing the teams with eacalations. there were times when hdfc dcb was not getting rewards for smartbuy transactions which was a bug in their system. you can also see a lot of posts about axis points not being credited, or getting credited late. last month, axis reversed 900 rupees they had given to me as cashback because it was an error they said.

with instant discounts, i dont have to worry and spend time at all. and minimum 10% flat discounts you usually get on card based instant offers, which is way more than reward rate of many cards.

Back