• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding SBI Cashback Card Utilisation

I have the cashback sbi card available with me. I have to pay an yearly insurance premium of nearly 80k in one go. Plz help me to avail the maximum benefit from the card as cashback.

But Ace doesn't provided any cb on premium payment. Sbi cashback card provides 1% cb on direct payment BUT I want to utilise the credit cards to the max. Being a newcomer, expert advice is required.

I have the cashback sbi card available with me. I have to pay an yearly insurance premium of nearly 80k in one go. Plz help me to avail the maximum benefit from the card as cashback.
You can buy a maximum of Rs. 15000/- Amazon GV from Yono Gyftr portal at the discount of 1.5%.
So effectively you will pay 14775/- for 15000/- GV.

Considering that you are using SBI CB card, paying 14775/- will give a 5% CB of 738/-

So total benefit would be 225 + 738 = 963/- on 15000/- GV.

Now as per T&C of SBI CB CC, insurance payments are not excluded explicitly from the cashback.

So considering that you pay remaining amount of 65000/- using SBI CB CC, you would get a benefit of 3250/- (5% of 65000).
Amazon does allow insurance premium payment using GV and CC combination.

So in total paying an insurance premium payment of 80K would give you a cumulative saving of 4213/- which would translate to a cumulative reward rate of 5.26%

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Attachments

• image_picker7174317525632316472.jpg
    image_picker7174317525632316472.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks a ton for sharing step by step guide for availing/maximizing cb.
Being a newbie regarding payment through credit card, and that also a heavy amount is making me a bit jittery!

Are you sure about 5% CB if premium is paid directly through the card? What I've gathered through various other sources is that cb is 1%.
Because if I get 5% direct cb, I will pay directly from the credit card which anyways will give an effective cb of 4000.

Thanks a ton for sharing step by step guide for availing/maximizing cb.
Being a newbie regarding payment through credit card, and that also a heavy amount is making me a bit jittery!

Are you sure about 5% CB if premium is paid directly through the card? What I've gathered through various other sources is that cb is 1%.
Because if I get 5% direct cb, I will pay directly from the credit card which anyways will give an effective cb of 4000.
I am a newbie myself. Learning through fine folks present in the community.

I did an insurance premium payment last month using combination of SBI Cashback Credit Card and Amazon GVs.
I did get 5% CB on the payment of 934/-

image_picker5082813218577078077.jpg

Payment description in card statement reads "Amazon India Pvt Ltd Bangalore IN"
Ensure the same is shown in merchant name while putting in the OTP.

You can buy a maximum of Rs. 15000/- Amazon GV from Yono Gyftr portal at the discount of 1.5%.
So effectively you will pay 14775/- for 15000/- GV.

Considering that you are using SBI CB card, paying 14775/- will give a 5% CB of 738/-

So total benefit would be 225 + 738 = 963/- on 15000/- GV.

Now as per T&C of SBI CB CC, insurance payments are not excluded explicitly from the cashback.

So considering that you pay remaining amount of 65000/- using SBI CB CC, you would get a benefit of 3250/- (5% of 65000).
Amazon does allow insurance premium payment using GV and CC combination.

So in total paying an insurance premium payment of 80K would give you a cumulative saving of 4213/- which would translate to a cumulative reward rate of 5.26%

Hope this helps. Cheers!
Insurance payment comes under mcc 6300 which is categorised as utilities by sbi. So only 1%, if by chance one gets lucky with different mcc then only hope for 5%(high probability on Amazon)

Insurance payment comes under mcc 6300 which is categorised as utilities by sbi. So only 1%, if by chance one gets lucky with different mcc then only hope for 5%(high probability on Amazon)
Fine print of T&C does include MCC 6300 in the utilities category.

image_picker8806108414486422189.jpg

What would be the MCC for online payment using Amazon Pay? Does it has a separate MCC which is considered as an online transaction enable the transaction for 5% CB?

Thanks for highlighting this. I got lucky. 😅

Fine print of T&C does include MCC 6300 in the utilities category.

View attachment 6119

What would be the MCC for online payment using Amazon Pay? Does it has a separate MCC which is considered as an online transaction enable the transaction for 5% CB?

Thanks for highlighting this. I got lucky. 😅
Lets wish no amazon backend guy watch this MCC details lol

Back