• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding UNION BANK new DEBIT CARD issuance

avis_

TF Premier
I have opened a new Union Bank savings account for getting their Rupay Select Debit card. My account was opened and activated successfully. But the Branch don't have any Insta Kits with Select debit Cards & all are of Rupay Classic Variant. They are telling it would take 1 month to get the card.

Is it possible to issue the first debit card from other branches of UBI or home branch only can generate the first card ? Anyone tried this way. In online application i can only apply for QSPARC and Classic Variant only, :(

Could have waited for HNI EMPERIO Metal Debit card from union bank... Has 500 off in Book my show similar to SBI Elite CC also RuPay select variant but AQB might be high.

And did you link your salary to BOB account? Any chance they downgrade?
I applied for RuPay Select DC after the launch of Metal RuPay Select DC. I am maintaining 1L in the account until the card is delivered and then I'll downgrade from SBHNI to SBGEN and in the early 2024 i'll get my account converted to Salary Account.

I applied for RuPay Select DC after the launch of Metal RuPay Select DC. I am maintaining 1L in the account until the card is delivered and then I'll downgrade from SBHNI to SBGEN and in the early 2024 i'll get my account converted to Salary Account.
downgrading to SBGEN isn't possible from SBHNI it will downgrade you to some Minimum Balance variant with 35K or 20k

@avis_ But BOB super salary account doesn't have anywhere mentioned debit card is free. Did they confirm somewhere?

Am thinking to open Union Bank SBHNI account for RuPay select. Am fine with one lakh AQB. Don't need hassle of faking Salary through monthly NEFT.

@avis_ But BOB super salary account doesn't have anywhere mentioned debit card is free. Did they confirm somewhere?

Am thinking to open Union Bank SBHNI account for RuPay select. Am fine with one lakh AQB. Don't need hassle of faking Salary through monthly NEFT.
Branch guys told me so DC will be issued free of cost.

Yes Union Bank Rupay is the least AMC card with ₹400 + gst.

If you're going with SBHNI account then the DC will be free for you until you will maintain the 1L MAB status and if you want to downgrade the account then 400+GST annual fees will apply but the annual charges are completely worth it compared to the benefits you're getting.

If you're going with SBHNI account then the DC will be free for you until you will maintain the 1L MAB status and if you want to downgrade the account then 400+GST annual fees will apply but the annual charges are completely worth it compared to the benefits you're getting.
Yes that why am keen in opening that variant account. Will close or downgrade once any alternate best option comes down the line after a year or 2.

Tomorrow, going to submit the application to SBGEN INR 1000 MAB account. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Gave the application to downgrade the account from SBHNI to SBGEN. Then the lady told me that I have to keep the account for 1 year atleast. Then i went to branch manager asking is this the case, then she immediately took the application to downgrade. Then someone from UBI called me after 2-3 hours of giving the applications to downgrade, he was saying that the benefits of debit cards will not be applicable. But i only have one question that is the provider of benefits is RuPay not the banks so how they will/can downgrade my benefits when the DC is going to be active till September 2030? (I think they are doing so to force me to retain my SBHNI status).

Let's see what happens now, will i be able to use the debit card plus the benefits of RuPay Select. (btw yesterday I redeemed Amazon Prime worth 1499 so, my cost for maintaining the 1L MAB for 10-15 days).

The main reason for downgrade is that i am not maintaining the 1L MAB with PSU Banks for such kind of service, If they are committed to serve like this they deserve no balance to be maintained. I am much happy with the Private Banks (Fact is that the private banks are offering more interest rates than the PSU's).

Last edited:
Gave the application to downgrade the account from SBHNI to SBGEN. Then the lady told me that I have to keep the account for 1 year atleast. Then i went to branch manager asking is this the case, then she immediately took the application to downgrade. Then someone from UBI called me after 2-3 hours of giving the applications to downgrade, he was saying that the benefits of debit cards will not be applicable. But i only have one question that is the provider of benefits is RuPay not the banks so how they will/can downgrade my benefits when the DC is going to be active till September 2030? (I think they are doing so to force me to retain my SBHNI status).

Let's see what happens now, will i be able to use the debit card plus the benefits of RuPay Select. (btw yesterday I redeemed Amazon Prime worth 1499 so, my cost for maintaining the 1L MAB for 10-15 days).

The main reason for downgrade is that i am not maintaining the 1L MAB with PSU Banks for such kind of service, If they are committed to serve like this they deserve no balance to be maintained. I am much happy with the Private Banks (Fact is that the private banks are offering more interest rates than the PSU's).
Yes that's why I chose to not open a HNI A/C with them. There is always some strings attached that we don't know. Bank doesn't charge anything if A/C closed before 14 days from date of opening. But what if Dc takes more time to get delivered.

we have to wait and watch if they deactivate your Rupay Select DC. after successful downgrade.

I have also found that PNB has Elite Savings A/C with 50k QAB offering free Rupay Select and no AMC thereafter. Basically a LTF Debit Card. :)

Yes that's why I chose to not open a HNI A/C with them. There is always some strings attached that we don't know. Bank doesn't charge anything if A/C closed before 14 days from date of opening. But what if Dc takes more time to get delivered.

we have to wait and watch if they deactivate your Rupay Select DC. after successful downgrade.

I have also found that PNB has Elite Savings A/C with 50k QAB offering free Rupay Select and no AMC thereafter. Basically a LTF Debit Card. :)
They said debit will be active but the benefits of the debit card will go. So, let's see what happens?

Back