• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Here is how I Opened ICICI Bank Wealth Management Account

saucy

TF Legend
Delhi Jhandewalan offered me wealth management for 1L. It's doable, at BM Discretion.
Long story ahead

I went to my present ICICI branch (tier 2) and told BM that I'm being offered wealth account in wealth management branch of Delhi, but i want to maintain account with their branch.
She informed me that if u don't maintain amb, it will be downgraded in 2 years with heavy penalty and insisted that i don't open a new account. Me being the usual saucy self, politely helped her realise ki account khul k rahega, if not in her branch, some other.
She agreed.
Then she offered me *a lot* more of her products, and assigned me to deputy branch manager.
They opened my account, via UPI deposit of 1L. Gave me a small kit - chequebook, details etc. The other welcome kit will arrive in a few days at my permenant address.

And that's it folks! We did it!
Will update when the kit arrives.

I deposited the 1L on the next day. Already had the new account number and cust I'd, so could immediately check if the amount has reached.

Since I had an existing cust I'd, it took about a week to merge both of them together.

In a total of about two weeks time, my both account got linked, recieved the kit (a pay-in slip book, a cheque book and a pouch to keep those in, and ofc, the debit card -- it's got poor printing so was a "meh" experience)
And my imobile app evolved to black theme.

My both accounts are linked so both are wealth (it actually is at the cust level)

Free cibil checks. And now my credit card upgrade shows a paid emerald (earlier it was upgrade to sapphiro)

Feel free to ask me anything! (Please make sure you're tagging me in the reply)

YESTERDAY MY RELATIVE OPENED WEALTH ACCOUNT BUT IN INSTANT KIT THERE IS NO BLACK LEATHER POUCH ..
IN KIT THERE IS ONLY INTERNET BANKING PASSWORD...CHEQUE BOOK & SLIP... N SOME pamphlet

BLACK POUH WILL ARRIVE OR IS THERE ANY *** ?

PLZ SHARE YOUR VALUABLE REMARKS............

Regarding your original question, it would have been better to ask it in one of the existing ICICI WM threads instead of creating a new one.

No need to tag Abhishek012; this is not his area of expertise 🤭. He is only knowledgeable about Rupay-related questions.

Regarding your original question, it would have been better to ask it in one of the existing ICICI WM threads instead of creating a new one.
aap jaise padhe likhe hote to Contributor na hote ??? :D :D :D jisko bhi answer pata ho usko tag kiiye....... india wants to know @AritraSaha

@saucy @0xfallup i visited the normal icici branch and told the same but they were not sure they can open with 1l IP.
She told me that she'll have to confirm from BM.
Tomorrow will go again if they can open WM or not. I have some doubts plz help -
1.Can i transfer amount using UPI as u already did?
2. do i have to transfer amt during account opening or after activating?
3. I already hold a regular 10Kmab icici account, can i open WM also?
4. Does icici provide instant WM kit or do i get another via post?
5. Should i negotiate for CC also and which cc can i get and do they provide instant cc like their Platinum or after some months via pre approved route?
TIA

@saucy @0xfallup i visited the normal icici branch and told the same but they were not sure they can open with 1l IP.
Tomorrow will go again if they can open WM or not. I have some doubts plz help -
5. Should i negotiate for CC also and which cc can i get and do they provide instant cc like their Platinum or after some months via pre approved route?
TIA
They Give Instant Kit... Which Contains Cheque Book and Pay In Slip with some brochure...

U can't Transfer money atleast for 5 to 7 days..

Bcoz Debit Card Grid is mandatory.. Within imobile app and

For upi u can't transfer big amount... And for upi u also need debit cards last 6 digit n etc info..

1l ip is Sufficient..

If you keep around 2L bal for few months they offer LTF sapphiro on new accounts , no need for wealth
I have 3L AMB in regular ICICI ac and they are offering me paid MMT Platinum CC (500 annual charges). No limit upgrade in last 2 years from 50k. Bulk of my spends are International, so I prefer to use other zero forex cards and for domestic spends I have moved to SBI Vistara Prime. I use Apay only for Amazon spends, which is less 5k / month. I dont care for the ICICI cards, but if I can, which LTF CC should I negotiate? I was thinking Sapphiro but I heard the spa experience is below average in Mumbai airport.

Last edited:
They Give Instant Kit... Which Contains Cheque Book and Pay In Slip with some brochure...

U can't Transfer money atleast for 5 to 7 days..

Bcoz Debit Card Grid is mandatory.. Within imobile app and

For upi u can't transfer big amount... And for upi u also need debit cards last 6 digit n etc info..

1l ip is Sufficient..
So you are saying that they will open without IP and when the account is operational i have to fund it?
And after 3-4 days i get that wealth management kit. Yes?

TIA
1. Yes
2. You can transfer after opening amount.. But they will activate your account only after getting the IP
3. Yes
4. Yes they do. It will have amount number and password for internet banking. Later you will get another kit which will have the debit card and pouch.
5. You can negotiate for any card, people usually try for sapphiro. If negotiations fail, you will have to wait for the other route

1. Yes
2. You can transfer after opening amount.. But they will activate your account only after getting the IP
3. Yes
4. Yes they do. It will have amount number and password for internet banking. Later you will get another kit which will have the debit card and pouch.
5. You can negotiate for any card, people usually try for sapphiro. If negotiations fail, you will have to wait for the other route
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer.
I'm somewhat confused about 2nd point, how can i transfer funds via upi if they haven't activated it? Sorry if its noob question.
Also does this CC negotiations needs itr and payslips or do they provide without any income docs.
Thansk again.

1. Yes
3. Yes
Good points asked by reaper and we'll answered by you.
I would like to add some more too -
1) do both accounts - normal and WM get linked to one customer id and shows up in netbanking/imobile?

2) during cc negotiation, does C2C helps ?
3) if one tries to close normal account and get new WM ...howz the timeline and is it suggested?

Good points asked by reaper and we'll answered by you.
I would like to add some more too -
1) do both accounts - normal and WM get linked to one customer id and shows up in netbanking/imobile?

2) during cc negotiation, does C2C helps ?
3) if one tries to close normal account and get new WM ...howz the timeline and is it suggested?
@saucy

Back