• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hidden facts about fuel credit cards by Axis, ICICI, BOB, HDFC Credit cards (Visa/RuPay):

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Hidden facts about fuel credit cards by Axis, ICICI, BOB, HDFC Credit cards (Visa/RuPay):

Recently, RuPay Credit card launched many co-branded Fuel credit cards and I Saw many users are complaining RuPay variant is not crediting fuel rewards or cashback offers -

Let me tell you, all fuel credit cards have some hidden t&c and not only RuPay, you can't get Fuel rewards points, surcharge wavier on Visa credit cards too.

Just few days ago one person suggested, dnt apply for Axis IOCL "RuPay variant" credit card, you will not get 1% cashback on other spends, fuel surchartge reverse and Fuel rewards points.

But let me tell you, this problem also exist with Axis IOCL Visa credit card, here watch this video, this guys also face same problem with Visa vairant and his Visa card also not working on bookmyshow 10% discount offer -

Hidden fact - this card only credit fuel rewards cashback when you use on Indianoil's own fuel pumb station. If you use any 3rd party Indianoil petrol pump or Indianoil franchise petrol pump. you can't get fuel rewards cashback and fuel surcharge also can't get reversed.

Here another person share with proof Axis IOCL RuPay credit card give rewards cashback and fuel surcharge also reversed. He also used the card on ICICI pos Machine -

IMG20221118120745.jpg
IMG20221118121124.jpg
IMG20221118120524.jpg

Note - I did not mean to post this that RuPay is best or Visa card is bad. The meaning of my post is just that don't think that there is something wrong with RuPay card. All banks fuel credit cards have some hidden t&c and some banks also have MCC codes issue and last most important thing, this is banks responsibility to fix MCC codes issue, identify the merchant and be transparant with customers.

If i talk about BOB HPCL RuPay credit cards then till now maximum or i can say 99.99% customers inform me they dnt get fuel surcharge wavier and fuel rewards cashback. Only one person told me he got BOB HPCL fuel rewards point cashback. God knows, he is telling the truth or not.

Unfortunately, BOB dnt have any HPCL Visa varitant credit cards yet. So, I can't compare with RuPay variant but based on some issues with other BOB credit cards. Currently, i can only tell you. Many BOB Visa Select credit card users also reported they dnt get 5x rewards points on many online shopping spends. Some users also told BOB has some serious issue with merchant MCC codes categories.

ICICI bank also have HPCL visa credit card and i saw many users are complaining they dnt get fuel surcharge wavier or if they get fuel surcharge wavier but dnt get fuel spend HPCL rewards cashback.

Ofcourse, i am not comparing ICICI bank HPCL Visa credit card with BOB HPCL RuPay credit card because it would not be a fair comparison as both are different banks.

But HDFC bank have Indianoil Credit card with both Visa and RuPay card network and i saw both customers Visa and RuPay variant are complaining they dnt get fuel rewards cashback or some people told they got fuel rewards cashback only on HDFC bank POS machines.

Now it's time for my biased opinion, which everyone was eagerly waiting for (just kidding 😜😜). Ok, next time when you got any RuPay cobranded fuel credit cards and you dnt get any fuel rewards cashback or surcharge wavier then just don't shoot out that there is some problem with RuPay cards. Visa card co-branded fuel credit cards users face similar types of problem but its all depend on which bank card you used and where you used this card.

Before i go, I heard SBI BPCL RuPay Platinum credit cards users sometimes dnt get fuel rewards cashback automatically but after complaint SBI Card credit the fuel rewards cashback. My question is for SBI BPCL Visa Platinum credit cards users do you guys also face this type of problem and this ques is only for SBI BPCL Platinum card holders not for SBI BPCL OCTANE card holders. Let me know in comment section.

My question is for SBI BPCL Visa Platinum credit cards users do you guys also face this type of problem and this ques is only for SBI BPCL Platinum card holders not for SBI BPCL OCTANE card holders. Let me know in comment section.

I'm having SBI BPCL Visa Platinum. Never faced such an issue. However, Reward points are given only if you swipe your card at their list of 1200+ approved petrol pumps across India. (Revised every 3 months I guess). You can swipe on any POS machine for CC transaction.

For points redemption for fuel, the list of petrol pumps is even smaller, and they have to use SBI POS machine only.

this fuel credit card reward points and redemption game is not worth playing. The lacunae is somewhere in the mcc. sometimes if the swiping machine changes you might not get the points. believe me, I have used sbi octane and hpcl bob card. all have same issues. bob card experience is worse. usually I mail sbi cc for such an issue and sometimes they credit rewards, sometimes they ask for receipts and cite silly excuses.

solution for sbi bpcl cards, identify a pump and machine, which works for both point accrual and redemption. they might be different stations altogether. irony is the pump I visit for for point redemption doesn't give me reward points. when I shared this info with cc they were clueless.

so this is my experience, bob cards are useless. cc is worse

Recently, RuPay Credit card launched many co-branded Fuel credit cards and I Saw many users are complaining RuPay variant is not crediting fuel rewards or cashback offers -

Let me tell you, all fuel credit cards have some hidden t&c and not only RuPay, you can't get Fuel rewards points, surcharge wavier on Visa credit cards too.

Just few days ago one person suggested, dnt apply for Axis IOCL "RuPay variant" credit card, you will not get 1% cashback on other spends, fuel surchartge reverse and Fuel rewards points.

But let me tell you, this problem also exist with Axis IOCL Visa credit card, here watch this video, this guys also face same problem with Visa vairant and his Visa card also not working on bookmyshow 10% discount offer -

Hidden fact - this card only credit fuel rewards cashback when you use on Indianoil's own fuel pumb station. If you use any 3rd party Indianoil petrol pump or Indianoil franchise petrol pump. you can't get fuel rewards cashback and fuel surcharge also can't get reversed.

Here another person share with proof Axis IOCL RuPay credit card give rewards cashback and fuel surcharge also reversed. He also used the card on ICICI pos Machine -

View attachment 7080
View attachment 7081
View attachment 7082

Note - I did not mean to post this that RuPay is best or Visa card is bad. The meaning of my post is just that don't think that there is something wrong with RuPay card. All banks fuel credit cards have some hidden t&c and some banks also have MCC codes issue and last most important thing, this is banks responsibility to fix MCC codes issue, identify the merchant and be transparant with customers.

If i talk about BOB HPCL RuPay credit cards then till now maximum or i can say 99.99% customers inform me they dnt get fuel surcharge wavier and fuel rewards cashback. Only one person told me he got BOB HPCL fuel rewards point cashback. God knows, he is telling the truth or not.

Unfortunately, BOB dnt have any HPCL Visa varitant credit cards yet. So, I can't compare with RuPay variant but based on some issues with other BOB credit cards. Currently, i can only tell you. Many BOB Visa Select credit card users also reported they dnt get 5x rewards points on many online shopping spends. Some users also told BOB has some serious issue with merchant MCC codes categories.

ICICI bank also have HPCL visa credit card and i saw many users are complaining they dnt get fuel surcharge wavier or if they get fuel surcharge wavier but dnt get fuel spend HPCL rewards cashback.

Ofcourse, i am not comparing ICICI bank HPCL Visa credit card with BOB HPCL RuPay credit card because it would not be a fair comparison as both are different banks.

But HDFC bank have Indianoil Credit card with both Visa and RuPay card network and i saw both customers Visa and RuPay variant are complaining they dnt get fuel rewards cashback or some people told they got fuel rewards cashback only on HDFC bank POS machines.

Now it's time for my biased opinion, which everyone was eagerly waiting for (just kidding 😜😜). Ok, next time when you got any RuPay cobranded fuel credit cards and you dnt get any fuel rewards cashback or surcharge wavier then just don't shoot out that there is some problem with RuPay cards. Visa card co-branded fuel credit cards users face similar types of problem but its all depend on which bank card you used and where you used this card.

Before i go, I heard SBI BPCL RuPay Platinum credit cards users sometimes dnt get fuel rewards cashback automatically but after complaint SBI Card credit the fuel rewards cashback. My question is for SBI BPCL Visa Platinum credit cards users do you guys also face this type of problem and this ques is only for SBI BPCL Platinum card holders not for SBI BPCL OCTANE card holders. Let me know in comment section.
I have 4 months old SBI BPCL Rupay CC. Starting from 1st day till today i have not received reward points on fuel transactions automatically and every time had to write to customer care to get the reward. Fuel surcharge waiver was not credited automatically initially but now it's getting credited. I have written to nodal officer multiple times but no solution has been provided.

Now when i do fuel transaction on BPCL card and once transaction settles i write to customer care for reward points and with a 7-8 days my points get credited. Holding this card since it's fee waiver criteria to very low (50000).

I have 4 months old SBI BPCL Rupay CC. Starting from 1st day till today i have not received reward points on fuel transactions automatically and every time had to write to customer care to get the reward. Fuel surcharge waiver was not credited automatically initially but now it's getting credited. I have written to nodal officer multiple times but no solution has been provided.

Now when i do fuel transaction on BPCL card and once transaction settles i write to customer care for reward points and with a 7-8 days my points get credited. Holding this card since it's fee waiver criteria to very low (50000).
hmm, Just now @amitjena shared. He is using SBI Card octane credit card. Which is different card but same bank and same BPCL co-branded credit card but on Visa card network. He is also facing same type of problem.

So, its all depend on your location and banks because @vasanth shared positive experience on SBI BPCL Visa Platinum credit card.

My main purpose of this post is that some people have got Fuel RuPay Credit Cards for the first time and they feel that there is some problem in RuPay cards that's why fuel rewards and surcharges are not credited/reversed.

may be you are right.. but dont get BOB RUPAY fuel card.. period! Its not worth the hassle. At least SBI or ICICI will listen to the customer and credit any missing rewards/cashback, but BOB will not even respond to your support queries. Or at maximum, they will respond after a month or two and give some junk template responses and when we reply, again wait for another two month for next template answer :)

So, its all depend on your location and banks because @vasanth shared positive experience on SBI BPCL Visa Platinum credit card.
Probably yes, as I live in a metro city. Me (primary card) and my dad (add-on card) have used the card at around 10 different BPCL petrol pumps on various occasions, and I have got reward points + fuel surcharge waiver for every transaction without having to follow-up. And we have identified 3 petrol pumps near our area where we regularly redeem points for free fuel.

Back