• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How can I get HDFC RuPay Credit Card?

imrtbpsp

TF Select
HDFC is giving me Money Back Visa variant credit card while I want Rupay variant so that I can easily link the credit card with UPI. How can I get the Rupay variant?
I went to my branch they told me that the credit card variant offered to me cannot be changed by the branch so I want to know before applying for my credit card whether by talking to HDFC customer care or by in other way can I get RuPay variant?
I have no problem with the credit card limit offered to me.

HDFC is giving me Money Back Visa variant credit card while I want Rupay variant so that I can easily link the credit card with UPI. How can I get the Rupay variant?
I went to my branch they told me that the credit card variant offered to me cannot be changed by the branch so I want to know before applying for my credit card whether by talking to HDFC customer care or by in other way can I get RuPay variant?
I have no problem with the credit card limit offered to me.
Yes, by calling customer care you can get it changed to Rupay

Right now I talked to customer care but they say that it is not possible to change such variants, you accept this offer as it is and once the card is generated, if you get any Rupay variant offer, then you Variants can be converted...😑

Right now I talked to customer care but they say that it is not possible to change such variants, you accept this offer as it is and once the card is generated, if you get any Rupay variant offer, then you Variants can be converted...😑
Many people have changed their Visa MB+ to Rupay MB+.
It's quite possible.

If I get Visa card now and want to get Rupay card after some time,
will I have to cancel Visa card and get Rupay card, will it affect my CIBIL score?
And most importantly whether I will get RuPay card is it confirmed or it also depends on the availability of the offer?

will I have to cancel Visa card and get Rupay card, will it affect my CIBIL score?
And most importantly whether I will get RuPay card is it confirmed or it also depends on the availability of the offer?
No. They will change the franchise of the card, it will not affect your score as the credit card account remains the same, you are just changing the card network/franchise.

It depends on the knowledge of the customer care executive over the call taking your request.
Some will deny, but some will happily take your request and it will get processed as well.

There is also a thread by @Rkr
You can have a ground data there.

I just received Rupay Card today, converted from MC to Rupay. Its just 2 months old. What I will say is just apply for card, after 5-10 days ask CC to convert it into Rupay variant. They will do it in one go, as same happened with me

This credit card offer is based on my savings account transactions. I don't have any credit score history in the past this will be my first credit card so how can I apply for Tata New Card without any income proof or credit score?

This credit card offer is based on my savings account transactions. I don't have any credit score history in the past this will be my first credit card so how can I apply for Tata New Card without any income proof or credit score?
That's why I am telling to take this offer of pre-approved credit card and then after 2-3 months you can take HDFC Tata Neu CC also without any verification.

Listen bro, just take the card now, which ever franchise they are offering. Few days later ask customer care over phone to change it's franchise. I also placed request on 26th April and received card today.
If you do not wish to convert that card to Rupay, on the basis of the card that is being currently offered to you, you can get Tata Neu with shared limit. You will have to apply for that once your pre approved cards gets approved.

Listen bro, just take the card now, which ever franchise they are offering. Few days later ask customer care over phone to change it's franchise. I also placed request on 26th April and received card today.
If you do not wish to convert that card to Rupay, on the basis of the card that is being currently offered to you, you can get Tata Neu with shared limit. You will have to apply for that once your pre approved cards gets approved.
Didn't get you...."if you do not wish to convert........."

Back