• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How can I increase the limit on my credit cards and upgrade them to higher variants?

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Dear forum members,

I am seeking some advice and opinions regarding my credit cards. I currently hold an HDFC Indian Oil Credit Card with a limit of 25k, which I received as a pre-approved offer on my HDFC account, and it has been a year since I got this card. Recently, I also got a Tata Neu Plus Credit Card with a shared limit with my HDFC Indian Oil Credit Card, and a Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card with a 15k limit, just five days ago.

I am interested in increasing the limits on my above cards and upgrading them to higher variants. However, despite emailing HDFC customer care, I have not received any upgrade offer. I suspect it might be because I am a second-year student, and my age is 19, which is less than the eligibility age of 21 years. Therefore, I am seeking your guidance on how to get better cards and increase the limits on my existing ones.

I would also appreciate it if you could suggest which credit card I should apply for next, considering my current situation. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights.

Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to seek your advice regarding credit card limits. I currently have a monthly salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian score 823. I am planning to apply for a credit card, but I am not sure how much credit limit I can expect to get from different banks based on my salary and credit score.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences or knowledge about credit card limits for people with similar financial situations. Which banks offer the highest credit limits to individuals with a salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian Score 823?

Any advice, suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon

@kkk
@MartianArmy
@007
@Wealth is my birth right!
@hariks789
@bugmenot
@gurubhai
@loveshah
@Tosh
@athadfjp
@dhiraz
@Strange
@Rahul Gupta
@harshd
@visvin
@rpawar0703
@aay001
@twugd
@Shashank2210
@jubit
@Copycat
@FinoGuy
@NOOBY
@jack333
@RajBlr
@visvin
@Predator
@phani11
@satish0987
@Ram1
@zealot
@TheMentalist
@Enthusiast

Dear forum members,

I am seeking some advice and opinions regarding my credit cards. I currently hold an HDFC Indian Oil Credit Card with a limit of 25k, which I received as a pre-approved offer on my HDFC account, and it has been a year since I got this card. Recently, I also got a Tata Neu Plus Credit Card with a shared limit with my HDFC Indian Oil Credit Card, and a Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card with a 15k limit, just five days ago.

I am interested in increasing the limits on my above cards and upgrading them to higher variants. However, despite emailing HDFC customer care, I have not received any upgrade offer. I suspect it might be because I am a second-year student, and my age is 19, which is less than the eligibility age of 21 years. Therefore, I am seeking your guidance on how to get better cards and increase the limits on my existing ones.

I would also appreciate it if you could suggest which credit card I should apply for next, considering my current situation. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone doesn't do le on request

Just close that cards and again apply. Not sure that they upgrade or not or give high limit then previous.

Dear forum members,

Problem is since you are in college you dont have salary slip or ITR to submit and get LE. So you have to wait till they provide manual LE

On what you can try open a Kotak 811 account do good amount of transactions and park some funds wait till you get preapproved LTF offer. Kotak provides manual LE every 6 months or so

Problem is since you are in college you dont have salary slip or ITR to submit and get LE. So you have to wait till they provide manual LE

On what you can try open a Kotak 811 account do good amount of transactions and park some funds wait till you get preapproved LTF offer. Kotak provides manual LE every 6 months or so
🤣

Kotak rejected my application due to Non-Serviceable Area.

God knows if non serviceable means why they do physical verification.

Update: I managed to upgrade my card to the moneyback+ version by expressing my intention to terminate my relationship with the bank. However, I wasn't granted a limit increase. I will make another attempt next month to request a higher limit.

Back