• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I increase credit limit on my BoB FD-backed credit card?

Digitalguy

TF Select
I have a BoB Prime secured (backed by FD) credit card. The principal amount of the FD increased, but the credit limit was the same for 3 years.

1. If I want to increase the credit limit on that card, do I need to do another FD? and whether I can get an enhanced credit limit on the basis of multiple FDs. or any other way?

2. Can I get second BoB Prime credit card?
3. How do I apply for a BoB Prime credit card online? (I got it previously from the branch.)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a BoB Prime secured (backed by FD) credit card. The principal amount of the FD increased, but the credit limit was the same for 3 years.

1. If I want to increase the credit limit on that card, do I need to do another FD? and whether I can get an enhanced credit limit on the basis of multiple FDs. or any other way?

2. Can I get second BoB Prime credit card?
3. How do I apply for a BoB Prime credit card online? (I got it previously from the branch.)
The best answer should come from the horse's mouth.. ie. the Bank itself.. Did you talk to them??

Digitalguy

TF Select
The best answer should come from the horse's mouth.. ie. the Bank itself.. Did you talk to them??
Reply from BoB Card Support :

We request you to fill up the attached Annexure 1,3 and send the scan copy of the filled attachments and FDR front and back duly signed and Finacle screen shot of the lien amount provide by bank of baroda branch verified by the branch with lien noted against Bob cards for further process.

Also include the Financal screenshot of the previous FD/Lien setup as a confirmation that the same is still in place.

Attachments

• ANX-I - Customer Declaration_Clean Copy_180818.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ANX-III-Bank_Letter_Confirming_Lien_clean copy_180818.pdf
    185.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Reply from BoB Card Support :

We request you to fill up the attached Annexure 1,3 and send the scan copy of the filled attachments and FDR front and back duly signed and Finacle screen shot of the lien amount provide by bank of baroda branch verified by the branch with lien noted against Bob cards for further process.

Also include the Financal screenshot of the previous FD/Lien setup as a confirmation that the same is still in place.
So are you happy? Have you got the answer for your question?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Now the question arises:
  1. What is FDR?
  2. Are BoB branch will provide Finacle software screenshot of the lien amount?
  3. Are BoB branch will provide Finacle software screenshot of the Initial FD setup?
1) Fixed Deposit Receipt
2) Ask Bank by showing their CC email
3) Same as in point 2