• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue Resolved How I got my HDFC Swiggy CC LTF as a floater on TataNeu CC

The highlighted issue has been resolved by the bank/financial institution.

shashankverma

TF Premier
I already hold HDFC Tata Neu Infinity with a credit limit of 2.9 Lacs
When I received LTF notification on swiggy app I applied instantly and HDFC rejected my card within few hours.
On reaching out to customer service email I was informed that the card was rejected as I already hold HDFC cobranded credit card.
I then sent an email to Grievance desk (https://www.technofino.in/community...for-all-credit-cards-and-bank-accounts.28187/) to reconsider my application, who then asked for my payslips and then again rejected card with same reason of 1 co branded card allowed, but told me that I can apply as a floater card.
Yesterday I sent the scanned copy of floater card application after filling in my details and signing it. (Will attach for reference)
Today I got my instant CC generated and physical card is on the way with a message that credit limit will be updated same as my TataNeu limit within 5 days.
Hope this will help anyone who plan to apply the card in future while holding another HDFC Cobranded card.

Attachments

Last edited:
I already hold HDFC Tata Neu Infinity with a credit limit of 2.9 Lacs
When I received LTF notification on swiggy app I applied instantly and HDFC rejected my card within few hours.
On reaching out to customer service email I was informed that the card was rejected as I already hold HDFC cobranded credit card.
I then sent an email to Grievance desk (https://www.technofino.in/community...for-all-credit-cards-and-bank-accounts.28187/) to reconsider my application, who then asked for my payslips and then again rejected card with same reason of 1 co branded card allowed, but told me that I can apply as a floater card.
Yesterday I sent the scanned copy of floater card application after filling in my details and signing it. (Will attach for reference)
Today I got my instant CC generated and physical card is on the way with a message that credit limit will be updated same as my TataNeu limit within 5 days.
Hope this will help anyone who plan to apply the card in future while holding another HDFC Cobranded card.
There might be a change in HDFC's internal policy, or there could be something missing in your situation. Because just a few months ago, I already had an HDFC Millennia card and a Tata Neo Plus card, and I also received a lifetime free Swiggy offer. I applied for it, and it was approved within two days. In my case, both the Tata Neo and Swiggy cards were approved in the same month. So, either they've changed the policy, or there is some issue with your case. Because until recently, HDFC Bank was allowing three cards, including two co-branded cards.

Silly question but what do "floater" and "surrogate" mean in credit cards context?
Sure, here are the definitions of floater and surrogate in the context of credit cards:

Floater

In the context of credit cards, a floater card is an additional credit card issued to an existing cardholder, typically a family member or dependent. The floater card is linked to the primary cardholder's account and shares the same credit limit. This means that the available credit is shared between the primary card and the floater card.

Surrogate

In the context of credit cards, a surrogate is a person who provides information about another person's financial situation in order to help the bank assess their creditworthiness. This information can be used to determine whether the person is eligible for a credit card and what credit limit they should be given. Surrogates are typically family members or friends who are familiar with the person's financial situation.
Here are some additional points to keep in mind about floater and surrogate cards:

* Floater cards are often used by families to manage their finances and provide their children with access to credit.

* Surrogates can be helpful for people who are new to credit or who have limited credit history.

* It is important to note that surrogates are not legally responsible for the debts incurred on the credit card. However, they may be held responsible if they provide false or misleading information about the person's financial situation.

Hi guys,

Went through the entire thread, I just applied using Swiggy looking at the LTF offer. But got rejected without any reason.
I already have SBI cashback and HSBC live+ which fullfills all the benifits that HDFC swiggy is providing and more.

Does HDFC Swiggy card still makes sense for me ?

And I wish to apply for HDFC IRCTC Card but it's always giving me an error saying you've already applied for a credit card. My Tata neu infinity was approved more than 8 months ago.

Will they approve two floater cards within 6 months if I apply for both.
Brother did you get hsbc live plus as lifetime free?

Back