• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

Icici Salary - Recently upgraded to Wealth Select ( 0 MAB due to salary account )

DBS Treasures - Joint Account with wife ( For our joint savings )

RBL - 0 MAB - For RBL signature plus DC

IndusInd Exclusive - 0 MAB with Indulge ( kept it for Exclusive DC )

FI Money ( Currently at Infinite ) - 0 MAB

Jupiter - 0 MAB

IndusInd Indie ( Megastar Tier ) - 0 MAB - For one time DC feature

Canara Bank - Joint account with wife where we keeo our emergency funds

Federal Bank - Family banking

HDFC Imeperia program - Personal Savings most TRV with HDFC Securities

IDBI - 5k MAB

IDFC - 25k MAB account - Have been maintaining almost 0 balance since last 3 years , just calling CC in about every 6 months to waive off the non maintainenece charges :)

Kotak - Salary account now converted to basic 0 MAB

Rest all are insignificant old accounts with 0 or 5k MAB with PSU’s.

Last edited:
Is it a POSB account (NEFT wasn't possible, IFSC wasn't available, no app), or an IPPB account (NEFT and mobile banking possible)?

If the former, would it be possible for you to find out for how long NEFT has been working? Is the IFSC mentioned on the cheques and the passbook? If such facilities have been made available recently, the relevant news/notification has escaped me. Thanks.
Yeah, its POSA.

Who said it isn't possible.

Its the app. But u have to submit a application form in post office. Afterwards you can use the internet & mobile banking.(https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fTOtshFIV7_eRJravnlzC)

Fill out this & submit to post office.
1-2 days you will get a message in ur no , that you have registered to netbanking.

Your user id will be your cif no.

Icici Salary - Recently upgraded to Wealth Select ( 0 MAB due to salary account )

Jupiter - 0 MAB

IDBI - 5k MAB

IDFC - 25k MAB account - Have been maintaining almost 0 balance since last 3 years , just calling CC in about every 6 months to waive off the non maintainenece charges :)

How do you manage all of this?

Jupiter - 0 MAB

IDBI - 5k MAB

How is FI Money Infinite 0 AMB?

Yeah, its POSA.

Who said it isn't possible.

Its the app. But u have to submit a application form in post office. Afterwards you can use the internet & mobile banking.

Fill out this & submit to post office.
1-2 days you will get a message in ur no , that you have registered to netbanking.

Your user id will be your cif no.
I did have netbanking from 2020 (no transactions outside PO was available though), which stopped working one fine morning. Can't get it fixed without visiting the home branch. Currently I'm held up in a different town away from my home branch.

If NEFT has been enabled since 2020, the news hasn't reached me. When was the first time you were able to do NEFT?

Its my mom account, no sure when she registered.

But able to do other-bank transfer.

Last time it was done is 1 week ago.

What the problem you are facing in net banking?

Its my mom account, no sure when she registered.

But able to do other-bank transfer.

Last time it was done is 1 week ago.

What the problem you are facing in net banking?
Do you know when was the first time third party transfers (incoming or outgoing) could be done? It wasn't possible the last time I could login to netbanking. As I've mentioned before, no IFS Codes were assigned yet for old style PO banking (not IPPB). That must have changed now since you could do such transfers.

I can't login to netbanking for a long time now. I haven't forgotten my password. Resetting it also doesn't work. And I am supposed to visit my home branch to get things fixed!

I'll get out of PO banking for good once my NSCs mature.

If you not using posa as such( other then nsc) then just keep 500 on the account & forgot about it.

After 5yrs go to the post office for nsc.

Kotak Everday is a regular Account and You will get RuPay platinum DC.

My suggestion- close 811 and Open Kotak Everday.
Just 30 Debit Txns via Kotak Every Day Account , no need to maintain AMB.
If you use it for day to day txns 30 debit txns is not a big number.
Is there a set value of transactions to be done like Axis Liberty or 30 transactions of any combined value?

Kotak Everday is a regular Account and You will get RuPay platinum DC.

My suggestion- close 811 and Open Kotak Everday.
Just 30 Debit Txns via Kotak Every Day Account , no need to maintain AMB.
If you use it for day to day txns 30 debit txns is not a big number.
Is there a set value of transactions to be done like Axis Liberty or 30 transactions of any combined value?

A cursory look suggests that an IndusInd Select account (with 50k AQB, or free with a Legend CC) would be a better choice (except for less discount for a locker). IndusInd is a much larger bank as well.
For group here also it is 1 lakh. I dont see much difference. Pls highlight if you notice any major difference. Else it would just be extra exercise to close AU and go to IndusInd for almost same benefits.

S
For group here also it is 1 lakh. I dont see much difference. Pls highlight if you notice any major difference. Else it would just be extra exercise to close AU and go to IndusInd for almost same benefits.

If you can get a free Indusind Select account via the Legend CC (LTF), you may want to consider that. There would be the added advantage of a larger bank.

Otherwise, since you seem to be happy enough with AU, as long as your exposure is limited to 5L, why not just stay put?

People who haven't committed yet, might want to weigh both sides in order to make a better choice.

Back