• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

Is Niyo SBM account okay for investment purpose? What are cons?

A seperate Zero balance account can be useful tracking investments but if I need to withdraw, can it be done in any account or only the linked Niyo account? In the latter case HDFC, SBI or ICICI make complete sense.
Are you doing investment in niyo?

Is Niyo SBM account okay for investment purpose? What are cons?

A seperate Zero balance account can be useful tracking investments but if I need to withdraw, can it be done in any account or only the linked Niyo account? In the latter case HDFC, SBI or ICICI make complete sense.
For mutual fund investment its might be okay as they liked with your pan...(u can't see them mf central app)

If you switch your broker, it will be very time consuming to switch bank...

& If niyo app business in touble they might close your account & refund the money...

Thanks.

Any suitable use of Niyo SBM and Niyo DCB accounts? I am thinking to keep 10% for education in SBM and 5% for donation in DCB. I really like Niyo customer service (they reply on chat on sunday also) and these accounts are based in Mumbai and not Kerala like Jupiter and Fi (still working on getting my fi account unfreezed).

Please give me some input on this account mix. Total 6 Accounts needed to create Jars. To simplify no of accounts, I am thinking of using HDFC for both savings and investments.

Accounts% breakupUseExamples
ICICI55%Necessities Fundfood, shelter, transportation, utilities, bills
HDFC Classic10%Long-Term Savings FundFor emergencies, big purchases, and “just-in-case” scenarios.
HDFC Classic10%Financial Freedom Fundstocks, mutual funds, real estate, affiliate marketing, automated business.
Indusind Exclusive10%Play Fundfancy dinners, spa days, travel, concerts.
Niyo SBM10%Education Fundbooks, courses, coaching, mentoring
Niyo DCB5%Give Fundnon-profits, faith-based groups, NGOs, personal contacts in need.
RBL Aspire-CC payments Fund1.46% returns upto 12L CC spends

Thanks.

Any suitable use of Niyo SBM and Niyo DCB accounts? I am thinking to keep 10% for education in SBM and 5% for donation in DCB. I really like Niyo customer service (they reply on chat on sunday also) and these accounts are based in Mumbai and not Kerala like Jupiter and Fi (still working on getting my fi account unfreezed).

Please give me some input on this account mix. Total 6 Accounts needed to create Jars. To simplify no of accounts, I am thinking of using HDFC for both savings and investments.

HDFC Classic10%Long-Term Savings FundFor emergencies, big purchases, and “just-in-case” scenarios.
HDFC Classic10%Financial Freedom Fundstocks, mutual funds, real estate, affiliate marketing, automated business.
Niyo DCB5%Give Fundnon-profits, faith-based groups, NGOs, personal contacts in need.
Bro takes diversification on next level

Thanks.

What this funds , freedom fund,play fund, give fund.

I have given the % of salary for allocation and example of fund uses. This is based on the money management concept I learned from a book I read recently (Book name - Secret of the Millionaire mind).

Thanks.

Imo 3 acc can be sufficient for you..
1. For all the expenses (necessary fund and play fund)- can choose any bank for this..
2. For investment.. open icici wealth management..
3. For education (it's important and you definitely don't want to spend it on partying)- maybe psu..(IDFC bank also provide student account)

I have given the % of salary for allocation and example of fund uses. This is based on the money management concept I learned from a book I read recently (Book name - Secret of the Millionaire mind).

you should do it in Excel not in your bank..

Imo 3 acc can be sufficient for you..
1. For all the expenses (necessary fund and play fund)- can choose any bank for this..
2. For investment.. open icici wealth management..
3. For education (it's important and you definitely don't want to spend it on partying)- maybe psu..(IDFC bank also provide student account)
You need control you expences..
Maybe using some expence manager can help..

Thanks.

At First instance your category is quite good but it not necessary. Except Niyo DCB

All of your account is creating a Duplication of Efforts

ICICI HDFC Indusind RBL Niyo SBM could come into a only one category "Expenditure "

1. Expenditure Bank Account
2. Investment Bank Account
3. Donation Bank account

only 3 Account require. Dont make many sub category

Don't blindly for this...
Cus the author lifestyle & your lifestyle are different...
The socio-economic environment is different..

At First instance your category is quite good but it not necessary. Except Niyo DCB

All of your account is creating a Duplication of Efforts

ICICI HDFC Indusind RBL Niyo SBM could come into a only one category "Expenditure "

1. Expenditure Bank Account
2. Investment Bank Account
3. Donation Bank account

only 3 Account require. Dont make many sub category
Thanks for the advice.

The way I see is that each account also has unique benefits which makes it a must have for me (specially the HDFC, RBL and Indus). However I am not keen to use RBL and Indus for regular expenses or investments. So I need min 4 accounts. Since I already have Niyo accounts, might as well as just use it to keep Education and Donations funds. The zero forex feature is useful for making international spends.

Between ICICI and HDFC, which one is better for investments and why? please explain the benefits.

AccountsBenefitUseExamples
ICICI WealthFor free unlimited CIBIL checksNecessitiesfood, shelter, transportation, utilities, bills
HDFC ClassicFor HDFC CCLong-Term SavingsFor emergencies, big purchases, and “just-in-case” scenarios.
HDFC ClassicFor HDFC CCFinancial Freedomstocks, mutual funds, real estate, affiliate marketing, automated business.
Indusind Exclusive0MAB, 0 Forex, 0 Atm charges worldwidePlayfancy dinners, spa days, travel, concerts.
Niyo SBM0MAB, 0 ForexEducationbooks, courses, coaching, mentoring
Niyo DCB0MAB, 0 ForexGivenon-profits, faith-based groups, NGOs, personal contacts in need.
RBL Basic0MAB, 17000 Rewards / 12L PA spends
4.25% , 5.5% > 1L for parking CC funds
CC payments1.46% returns upto 12L, + 0.35% Interest earned per 30 days on CC fund.

Back