• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

palen

TF Premier
Get your account converted to solo savings account which is also a zero bal account with no restrictions like 811 by calling customer care.
I'm aware if they would convert 811 a/c directly to solo savings but if you have any other variant, they do it over the call itself.
811 cannot be converted to regular accounts, I already asked them. The only solution would be close 811 and open a regular account.

smz

TF Select
If you have made FD from Branch and they have provide you FD Certificate for the same then you cant close it from netbanking
1) is this applicable for all banks ? Or atleast large banks like SBI, HDFC, BOB, ICICI etc.
2) does the FD show in net/mobile banking ?
3) what if we lost the FD receipt ? Then what's the solution?
4) And I hope bank would just not hand out cash to anybody who possesses FD receipt in someone's else. Kindly confirm this.
@hellobois

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
I passed through following -

2013 onwards
1. Union Bank of India - Opened for Online fee submission for University
Still first for Heavy TX like free IMPS & for investment withdrawal
2. State Bank of India- Open for Sholarship but always scary response from Upi outage & customer support mostly avoid but in long term no use further now.

2016-
3.Bank of Baroda - College Scholarships due to Heavy charges every where like sms, Debit cards not used more than 2 years now dormant
Yar bade heavy scholar ho tum 2-2 scholarship utha li 2 alag bank me ;).

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1) is this applicable for all banks ? Or atleast large banks like SBI, HDFC, BOB, ICICI etc.
4) And I hope bank would just not hand out cash to anybody who possesses FD receipt in someone's else. Kindly confirm this.
@hellobois
HDFC and ICICI can be closed online. Not sure about the other two.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I spoke to their cc again. Looks like the limit is 1-2L cumulatively for a financial year.
I already have transferred 5 lakhs in a few days and plan on sending another 30 to 50 lakhs there. Let’s see what happens. I don’t think there is any logical reason to freeze it. I have kept crores with even small finance banks and no one has ever questioned it. They are delighted.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
@hellobois
1. not pretty sure about it (was told by HDFC and Central bank of India about the same)
2. Yes its shows
3. reach out to bank, there must to some formalities to be done
4. No, bank wont do that
N

Not necessarily correct. Several banks allow offline made FDs to be closed online. In fact, almost all banks allow it.

palen

TF Premier
I already have transferred 5 lakhs in a few days and plan on sending another 30 to 50 lakhs there. Let’s see what happens. I don’t think there is any logical reason to freeze it. I have kept crores with even small finance banks and no one has ever questioned it. They are delighted.
If you had regularly handled Lakhs of transactions then probably they won't freeze.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
If you are going to maintain this balance then better go for their hni accounts

kjs

TF Premier
If you have made FD from Branch and they have provide you FD Certificate for the same then you cant close it from netbanking

In this era of digital banking there is no need to pay 1000 for maintenance charges. You need only 1 fully functional debit card and 1 UPI account.
Although I have 7 accounts but most of them are zero balance and they provide better flexibility for offers and pre approved loans/credit card.
Yeah !! true but with 1k balance I am getting full banking service of a Govt bank , also debit card annual charges will be waived of if POS transactions are more than 40(add money to paytm wallet using debit card every few days to full fill). Also in our 0 balance account we are not going to maintain 0 always it will be always 1-2k.

kjs

TF Premier
Salary - maybe try axis..
And don't close the HDFC account as will a big hassle to change all the investment stuff.

use cc for upi whenever possible.can definitely use icici or kotak for upi. Both are good.

maybe try to get Rupay select dc from union Bank..
Yes HDFC account for me is stable and 11 yrs old so maintaining it.
Actually don't want to open another account now , I am planning to bring it to 3 from 4 accounts..

Yes ICICI is good for UPI , Kotak Activ money is something that I am using hence my emergency fund is there but I am planning to convert that to Salary as I will have better and smooth account maintenance ie Transfer from Kotak to -> HDFC , ICICI , Union every month

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
this is in kotak 811?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you are going to maintain this balance then better go for their hni accounts
Could you please suggest which one? I have looked at their website and I haven’t found any good savings account. Only Private but I don’t want to maintain 7.5 crores in NRV.