• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

kjs

TF Premier
If you had regularly handled Lakhs of transactions then probably they won't freeze.
Basically one needs to update income details on the Kotak Net banking and they will never freeze it. I checked with the Customer care today & they were very straight forward so it doesn't create 2nd doubt or confusion for us

kjs

TF Premier
Did you consider moving your salary account to IDFC first bank ? Due to its good rate of interest and more benefits with salary account?
For that I need to open a new account again with IDFC first bank , read some reviews online ppl are not much satisfied with IDFC its similar to HDFC

I have 4 bank account , Probably have to close one before I open account with any new Bank will give a try to walk in the branch and check for salary account related benefits in little more detail as I also want to open spouse account and link it with account variant that salary has.

AS IDFC is tied up with my organization , do you think it will make any difference in terms of benefits if I go to Branch vs Talking to POC of IDFC linked to my organization

Last edited:

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
For that I need to open a new account again with IDFC first bank , read some reviews online ppl are not much satisfied with IDFC its similar to HDFC

I have 4 bank account , Probably have to close one before I open account with any new Bank will give a try to walk in the branch and check for salary account related benefits in little more detail as I also want to open spouse account and link it with account variant that salary has.

AS IDFC is tied up with my organization , do you think it will make any difference in terms of benefits if I go to Branch vs Talking to POC of IDFC linked to my organization
first try talking with the poc, get a sense of the person. if you find them good, then ask them to connect you with a good senior banker for account opening.

Trust Me

TF Ace
1) is this applicable for all banks ? Or atleast large banks like SBI, HDFC, BOB, ICICI etc.

Depends on the bank. PSBs used to not allow this.

2) does the FD show in net/mobile banking ?

Sure, but not necessarily all investments made through various arms of the bank.

3) what if we lost the FD receipt ? Then what's the solution?

Not an issue. These days FD Certificates are just printed receipts. Just talk to your bank.

4) And I hope bank would just not hand out cash to anybody who possesses FD receipt in someone's else. Kindly confirm this.

Nope. The receipts have no value on their own. It's not like the olden days. You don't even have to sign any indemnity bonds or such (not sure about PO investments like NSCs though).

Raghav_Go

TF Buzz
• PNB Savings AC - Primary account usually for cash deposit and some transactions
• DBS - Secondary Account for Savings and Large Transactions and CC Bills
• Indian Bank - Oldest Account , rarely does transactions
• 1 more Indian Bank - account was opened when I was minor ; not operational now
• Paytm Payments Bank - Mostly used for online Transactions, transfer etc

hellobois

TF Ace
• PNB Savings AC - Primary account usually for cash deposit and some transactions
• DBS - Secondary Account for Savings and Large Transactions and CC Bills
• Indian Bank - Oldest Account , rarely does transactions
• 1 more Indian Bank - account was opened when I was minor ; not operational now
• Paytm Payments Bank - Mostly used for online Transactions, transfer etc
Any benefit of DBS for credit card bill payment?

asahi

TF Premier
I personally don’t know, how many is too much, so I’m asking you guys, same goes for CC’s also, please share your opinion(s)

shrewdoc

TF Ace
As many 0 balance accounts as you can collect are all good.

MAB accounts upto ₹5k are good too. SBI, PNB, UBOI all have these accounts, MAB in the range of 0 to ₹2K.

For Emergency Funds, go for Savings accounts with good interest rates or Sweep-in facility like Kotak 811, IDFC First Bank, RBL, etc.

For your day-2-day usages, go for a reliable bank nearby your home with almost 0 downtime and with free services like IMPS, RTGS, NEFT, Free Debit Card, limited Free Cheque Leaves, etc. like HDFC, Kotak, ICICI, (don't know about Axis)