• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts one can open?

oviabhi

TF Neo
Is there any limits for maximum bank accounts on different banks? Or any problem for more that 20+ accounts on different banks?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Honestly if you have more than 4-5 it becomes difficult to manage, also it takes money to keep running various services, I would rather suggest opening a really good (but still in your budget) preferential/higher verient account with one bank and others zero balance. Kotak 811 is ideal zero balance a/c, so is sbi but in case of sbi you still end up paying for atm and sms services etc. Club that with high verient HDFC/AXIS/HSBC/SC account and you are good to go. I usually don't recommend ICICI, nothing really wrong with it but I usually see lot of cases of fraud and forced selling from that bank.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Unless they are all 0 balance and have no fees on services like sms/debit cards/net banking and you use them at least couple of times in a year or so to avoid going inactive, it is indeed difficult.

Also if they are 0 balance you will not get that many offers/benefits anyways, so its better to maintain one preferred/privileged account and 2-3 zero balance ones. Where you get both, top of the line service and options if needed.