• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How Safe is the Cheq App?

Faust

TF Select
I have been through some reviews for the app on Youtube and it was mentioned that the app needs your expiry date and CVV.
Why are they asking for this info when it is not required for CC bill payment?

What is the opinion of the card veterans here?

Stargod

TF Premier
Yes it's mostly safe as now regulated under Google Play Store policy. But no-one can give you assurance about its safety. Enjoy cashback till it lasts. They will eventually devalue like Cred as giving free cashback is cash-burn model. Now they are just acquiring users.

Faust

TF Select
I would say if you don't have any other way to get cashback on cc payment, then only install cheq. Its a very shady app.
I had very hard time deleting my account with them.
What are the other ways to get CB on CC payment?
The only other way I know is via the HDFC Platinum Card.
Yes it's mostly safe as now regulated under Google Play Store policy. But no-one can give you assurance about its safety. Enjoy cashback till it lasts. They will eventually devalue like Cred as giving free cashback is cash-burn model. Now they are just acquiring users.
But why do they need the expiry and CVV?

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have been through some reviews for the app on Youtube and it was mentioned that the app needs your expiry date and CVV.
Why are they asking for this info when it is not required for CC bill payment?

What is the opinion of the card veterans here?
so that they deduct 2 Rs from your credit card and refund it within 24 hours. That way, they are sure that card belongs to you and your payment does not go to some other account due to your typo mistake.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I raised a service request to delete my account and associated data last week.

I got a response they have done it and deletion will take place within the next 7 days. I can make it work with HDFC BillPay and Amazon Pay which is more than enough given my spends.

It was nothing related due to security reasons. I never got the 200 cred coins when I joined using a referral back in their beta program evaluation. They asked me why I am deleting my account but I never disclosed them the reason.

BVC

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Devaluation started on Cheq already. They were running promotional offer for Axis bank for 1.5% Coins and now it became 1%. 2 months back 1 coin was valued at Rs. 1 for Amazon and now it is Rs. 0.5. Same implies with Makemytrip also. So acquire customers with promotions and de value it, else they will burn their cash reserves.

rushaboswal

TF Buzz
Wait for 24 hours at least.
So the payment got declined and i got a message that the money will be refunded. So i paid it via cred. Now both the cred and cheq payments went through :confused::confused::confused:.
Now ICICI Wesbite FAQ Says This
Any credit balance due to excess payment cannot reversed. You can utilize the same by doing transactions using your card.
Do They reverse the excess credit?