• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to cancel no cost emi on a merchant transaction on SBI CC

Hi, I recently did an EMI transaction on Amazon and contacted SBI CC to cancel the emi. Then I got this response.

Is there a way to cancel the merchant emi and save on interest?

Please advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702-164543.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-164543.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Screenshot_20230702-164559.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-164559.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 341
Received a message today. I will now initiate balance refund request.

Dear SBI Cardholder, we regret to inform you that your MERCHANT EMI conversion request opted at the time of purchase at amazonin for trxn of Rs. 60648.73 done on 18-JAN-24 has not been converted for the following reason: Insufficient Retail Outstanding Balance. For more information, kindly call our helpline at 18601801290 or 39020202 (prefix local STD code).

how emi cancellation still working ?

Because
sbi is stopping me to pay outstanding balance, its 0 now, 2 transactions are pending to settle and I paid that amount

However, this is just a normal transaction to me and not a merchant emi

Also, I tried to bill pay with Amazon pay, transaction is successful but recieved message from sbi

Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.xxxx on your credit card ending with xxxx done on 28-02-24 could not be processed. You already have excess credit in your card account. For further details, please visit our website or call our Helpline - SBI Card

Its not like that, they can do the conversion anytime within the period of 8 days, even next day is also possible

So to be on safer side, pay immediately is the best way to make this trick work

If you do any other txn after this Flipkart txn, that should also be paid immediately else it can create mess
Better to not use
bro agar negative me balance rakhe card me tab bhi work krega na?

This method is still working.

I purchased an AC from the Amazon on 28th March and I opted for 18 months No cost EMI for extra discount. Right after the transaction I have paid the full amount (plus some extra amount 14₹ to be precise as mentioned by someonein this thread) I received the following message for my repayments.

Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.10,100.00 on your credit card ending with **** done on 29-03-24 could not be processed. You already have excess credit in your card account. For further details, please visit our website or call our Helpline - SBI Card.

But after one and half day the repayment was finally considered.

Yesterday my credit card statement was generated and still emi conversion didn't happened.

Today i.e., 04th April I got the below message of emi conversion is failed.

Dear SBI Cardholder, we regret to inform you that your MERCHANT EMI conversion request opted at the time of purchase at amazonin for trxn of Rs. 30098.56 done on 28-MAR-24 has not been converted for the following reason: Insufficient Retail Outstanding Balance. For more information, kindly call our helpline at 18601801290 or 39020202 (prefix local STD code).

Thanks @D₹V bro for your help.

I did a merchant EMI transaction (offline) on 14th April from Sbi card.
After transaction I did excess payment in the card. Currently balance is -44.
Statement was generated on 17th April. Nothing was mentioned about EMI or interest.
No transaction after that till date.
I haven't received any SMS from SBI Card regarding EMI so far.
Do I have to wait till next statement?

Do we get the reward points as well for this No Cost EMI transaction which is not converted to EMI due to instant payment. I want to use my Vistara Prime card to earn CV points and milestone benifits. Thanks in advance.

Back