• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get Platinum Charge upgrade offer of 1,15,000 miles?

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi

How can one upgrade to Platinum charge and get 1,15,000 MR instead of taj vouchers in case one has not received any email for the same.

Currently holding gold charge and platinum reserve.

@BestBanker

Thanks!

Companion card offer from Amex comes in during certain times. It is not regular. Recently I have heard that companion policy has been stopped. If they agree on this, then great, else you will have to wait till this offer comes in future

Companion card offer from Amex comes in during certain times. It is not regular. Recently I have heard that companion policy has been stopped. If they agree on this, then great, else you will have to wait till this offer comes in future
ok. Amex cust care said the same when i asked. Will request them again after I get the card delivered.

Amex still do companion card but only Plat reserve for the Plat card. You need to apply if you already do not have plat reserve & post approval call & they will convert the reserve into companion.

OK. I am fine even if they offer plat reserve. Already completed this year milestone on plat travel. Will request Amex once my card is delivered.
You need to apply for the Plat reserve post approval call the cust care & ask them to convert if you want this to be done straight away. Offer may or may not come.

Is there any use of Platinum reserve after taking Platinum charge? Platinum travel at least offers milestone benefits on reaching 4L milestone. Plat travel is better card in combination with Plat charge

So you called the cc and told them you wanted MR instead of taj vouchers?
And when was this.

Thanks
Were you able to get it?
I called the Customer Care, they said that the offer is currently not available and they can't do anything about that as of now. They asked me to wait till march as that time there are high chances that this offer will be re launched.

Were you able to get it?
I called the Customer Care, they said that the offer is currently not available and they can't do anything about that as of now. They asked me to wait till march as that time there are high chances that this offer will be re launched.
If MR points is what you’re after don’t call and ask CC directly. The Customer service has deteriorated & how !

I used to get better service even for my Gold card ! Now all they want to do is send you links for you to have a read. Looking at their service feels like the dedicated platinum care is discontinued in India !

Anyway, Drop a mail or call CC & ask them for a sale rep to call you back or email you. They can get you the MR points or Taj voucher option !

Or apply via the referral route & get 10,000 MR points + 45K Taj vouchers which you can then negotiate to convert into ~1L MR points !

Last edited:
Is there any use of Platinum reserve after taking Platinum charge? Platinum travel at least offers milestone benefits on reaching 4L milestone. Plat travel is better card in combination with Plat charge
Amex has stopped converting PT as companion to the Plat Card. If you want companion it’s only reserve now.

If MR points is what you’re after don’t call and ask CC directly. The Customer service has deteriorated & how !

I used to get better service even for normal my normal Gold card ! All they want to do is send you links for you to have a read. Looking at their service feels like the dedicated platinum care is discontinued in India !

Anyway, Drop a mail or call CC & ask them for a sale rep to call you back or email you. They can get you the MR points or Taj voucher option !

Or apply via the referral route & get 10,000 MR points + 45K Taj vouchers which you can then negotiate to convert into ~1L MR points !
Okay, will try that approach as well once. Thank you.

I applied for a plat charge card yesterday through a referral and today after KYC I got the approval mail. I had some doubts:
1. When should I negotiate for the MR points instead of Taj vouchers?
2. My Plat travel card is due for renewal next month. Can I negotiate and get my fee waived?
3. Should I close my plat travel and go for the plat travel reserve in case they do not waive my annual fee?

Thanks!

I applied for a plat charge card yesterday through a referral and today after KYC I got the approval mail. I had some doubts:
1. When should I negotiate for the MR points instead of Taj vouchers?
2. My Plat travel card is due for renewal next month. Can I negotiate and get my fee waived?
3. Should I close my plat travel and go for the plat travel reserve in case they do not waive my annual fee?

Thanks!
1. Try. You never know. You will get the referral bonus anyway !
2. Yes. If you have good spends they will waive it off in full or at least will waive the half of it. Negotiate hard & they do budge.
3. Different cat cards. Take reserve as a companion & negotiate hard on the PT. With PT you earn ~48,000 MR points + 10K Taj ! It’s one of the best cards on amex portfolio, keep it even if they don’t waive the entire fee off ! you can derive a lot of value out of it.

I called the yesterday to upgrade for plat chg they asked if I recived email. If not not possible and also not possible to provide points instead of Taj voucher. Flatly denied it. Requested stating other rrieds recived without any email. Still denied it. Asked if possible to make plat travel as Co.panion still denied we have to pay fees i got pissed off. Anything I ask they keep rejecting I already started to compete my second milestone again 190000 2nd time still denied. Aaahh all the bad luck to some.

I called the yesterday to upgrade for plat chg they asked if I recived email. If not not possible and also not possible to provide points instead of Taj voucher. Flatly denied it. Requested stating other rrieds recived without any email. Still denied it. Asked if possible to make plat travel as Co.panion still denied we have to pay fees i got pissed off. Anything I ask they keep rejecting I already started to compete my second milestone again 190000 2nd time still denied. Aaahh all the bad luck to some.
That's weird, it's one of their premium offerings and generally gets approved easily.

I would suggest you apply through a fresh application. You can do C2C with a local agent or through a referral online.
The acceptance rates for new Platinum charge is really high and since you already hold an Amex card, you will easily get approved!
Once done, you can close your current card or just keep it as backup and I can help with the renewal fees negotiation.

If you plan to apply, DM me and I can share some tips to get you the MR points instead of the Taj vouchers!

That's weird, it's one of their premium offerings and generally gets approved easily.

I would suggest you apply through a fresh application. You can do C2C with a local agent or through a referral online.
The acceptance rates for new Platinum charge is really high and since you already hold an Amex card, you will easily get approved!
Once done, you can close your current card or just keep it as backup and I can help with the renewal fees negotiation.

If you plan to apply, DM me and I can share some tips to get you the MR points instead of the Taj vouchers!
Can you elaborate the fees negotiation part?

I upgraded my platinum travel card to platinum charge card. After upgrade, can I take plat travel again as companion card?
The better option would be to ask the cc/Amex Sales rep to give you a platinum charge and retain the platinum travel card and tag it as free till you hold the plat charge card.
Have done that and I hold 3 cards (Amex rewards which is tagged a free with Plat travel & now plat charge (which tags along the amex travel as free)) making me pay for only 1 plat charge card and others 2 as free.

Also got the 1lac MR points + 15K bonus points offer.

The better option would be to ask the cc/Amex Sales rep to give you a platinum charge and retain the platinum travel card and tag it as free till you hold the plat charge card.
Have done that and I hold 3 cards (Amex rewards which is tagged a free with Plat travel & now plat charge (which tags along the amex travel as free)) making me pay for only 1 plat charge card and others 2 as free.

Also got the 1lac MR points + 15K bonus points offer.
Well did u recive any pre approved offer for 1lk points and bonus points?

As when I requested last week for.plat charge and make my plat travel and smat earn free and also instead Taj voucher to give 1lk or 125k points. They flatly denied to provide charge card and make other two free but the mentioned i can jave 1xhg and two cc. But they asked if I recived any email as offer only then else all 3 cards needs to be paid. I gor pissed off said my other friends have recived without email.still denied it.

Back