• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to pay HSBC Card bill?

cclurker

TF Buzz
Looks like all the options that could give rewards are closed.
My question is how can I pay the bill, not having HSBC Bank account?

Google pay shows it as one of the options. Will it work post RBI circular on BBPS?

Heard Amex is also not on BBPS, but CRED is allowing Amex payments.
Yes, right.. Cred is still allowing payment for Amex as I checked now.
But it is not allowing payment for Standard Chartered and HSBC due to non-BBPS reason.
One more thing I noticed is that CRED is no longer showing the option to pay by debit card for any credit card payment (it was available for bills over 50k even few days back).

Last edited:
But it is not allowing payment for Standard Chartered and HSBC due to non-BBPS reason.
One more thing I noticed is that CRED is no longer showing the option to pay by debit card for any credit card payment (it was available for bills over 50k even few days back).
50000 above working for me just checked now. Just close the CRED app and try again. If SCB and HSBC not allowed and Amex allowed? What's the logic??

50000 above working for me just checked now. Just close the CRED app and try again. If SCB and HSBC not allowed and Amex allowed? What's the logic??
I closed and reopened CRED app many times. It is still same. But on further checking, I see that CRED is now offering debit card option for more than 1 lakh payment (for me). Not sure, it could be user-specific then.
My HSBC card is on Visa and SCB card is on Master. So it seems CRED has stopped non-BBPS bill payment for Visa and Master cards, but still allowing for Amex.

Reactions: BVC
I closed and reopened CRED app many times. It is still same. But on further checking, I see that CRED is now offering debit card option for more than 1 lakh payment (for me). Not sure, it could be user-specific then.
My HSBC card is on Visa and SCB card is on Master. So it seems CRED has stopped non-BBPS bill payment for Visa and Master cards, but still allowing for Amex.
50001 txn showing Debit card for me. So you might be right on Amex cards thing.

I tried paying through mobikwik, money got deducted.
It showed up in HSBC payment for a couple of days mentioning "Pending", and today all of a sudden it disappeared.
The payment doesn't appear in HSBC app and money is neither credit to HSBC card nor refunded.

And then I also tried HSBC CardNet, it's been 2 days and no trace of that transaction too.
Also, I tried NEFT to HSBC CC number with IFSC as HSBC0400002, even that has not showed up yet.

My first priority is to know which method is reliable working method that can settle my card at the earliest in order to avoid any penalties on either of CIBIL or the bill.
Then, next comes what do I do about the transactions which vanished into thin air?

It showed up in HSBC payment for a couple of days mentioning "Pending", and today all of a sudden it disappeared.
The payment doesn't appear in HSBC app and money is neither credit to HSBC card nor refunded.

And then I also tried HSBC CardNet, it's been 2 days and no trace of that transaction too.
Also, I tried NEFT to HSBC CC number with IFSC as HSBC0400002, even that has not showed up yet.

My first priority is to know which method is reliable working method that can settle my card at the earliest in order to avoid any penalties on either of CIBIL or the bill.
Then, next comes what do I do about the transactions which vanished into thin air?
Wait for a day or two, it will appear. I had the same experience too.

In hsbc all methods take atleast 3-7 days. Your bill paid via Mobikwik will suddenly reappear when it gets fully settled and will not be refunded.
It happens through both cred or Mobikwik it shows for some days and then disappears and then reappear in the original bill paid date txn when it gets settled.

For txn above 50k, dc option is still available

guys, you're tyring to pay bill via DC on cred/cheq but I don't think any regular DC gives point on cred/cheq. So might as well just use neft which might be the safest and quickest way to settle bills.

• National Electronic Funds Transfer:
Make a payment towards your HSBC credit card account via National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), mentioning the complete 16-digit HSBC credit card number. The IFSC code for HSBC is HSBC0400002.

NEFT seems to be most reliable option currently for HSBC. Gets settled more or less on the same day.
Mobikwik took more than 2 business days to reflect the amount.
HSBC CardNet took almost 1-2 business days to settle the amount.

Hoping they onboard to BBPS sooner than later.

Back