• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to use Amex MRCC card with HP pay app?!

hkiran1

TF Buzz
Hi, I have a doubt as to how to use Amex MRCC card for fuel purchase at HP pumps to gain maximum advantage?!
As a novice who just got the card I don't know how to go about it.
Use card directly or through HP pay app?!
As I usually use Samsung pay to tap with all my other cards, amex is not approved in Samsung wallet, is there any way to tokenize the card for use with NFC?!

Has anyone used HP Pay and tried to pay with an ICICI Fastag recently? I'm not receiving an OTP from ICICI Fastag.
Fuel payments on ICICI fastag have been disabled by default for all. You need to activate it by raising a ticket either on call or by email.

Call - 1800-210-0104
Email - headservicequality @icicibank.com

IDFC fastag also works....

You can pay without HP Pay also... tell the attendant that you want to pay via OTP... on the machine, you can choose, ICICI or IDFC fastag.... enter mobile number, last 4 digits of vehicle... you will get OTP... enter OTP on machine and payment goes through from fastag balance
can this be done for ICICI fastags as well? HPPay app is very unreliable, lots of issues. Sometimes it would show the fasttag balance as 0 even though there is balance, the OTP doesn't arrive on time (even though fuel transactions are enabled), the app just doesn't even go to the homepage. etc.

can this be done for ICICI fastags as well? HPPay app is very unreliable, lots of issues. Sometimes it would show the fasttag balance as 0 even though there is balance, the OTP doesn't arrive on time (even though fuel transactions are enabled), the app just doesn't even go to the homepage. etc.
Yes it works for both ICICI and IDFC fastags

Yes. But practically rates are failure are higher with pos as it has only 90s transaction timing, transaction fails if OTP doesn't arrive within then.

HP pay app doesn't have such a short transaction timer. Completely agree that it's unreliable

I've also noticed differences between pumps. Got OTP easily at certain pumps and very delayed at particular pumps. Do try out a different one

Back