• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How & which card to upgrade from SCB Digismart credit card?

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi, one of my family member is holding Standard Chartered Digismart credit card from last 2 years. The credit limit is around 2.75 lakh. Since it’s an entry level card, what card would you recommend to upgrade to (preferably an LTF card) in the SCB range of cards? What’s the best method to upgrade?

insight

TF Ace
No. They phased out the Landmark card a few years ago and were replacing it with Digismart. I asked them to make it LTF like Landmark or close the card. They obliged :)
I saw one more member say the same. The Myntra deal is great for LTF.
They are offering their Smart Card as an upgrade to the Digismart card. It’s 499 annually charged. I’m not keen on the upgrade but thinking if there’s a possibility of getting this as higher limit card compared to the existing Digismart card. Any idea what’s the possibility? @Gautham @helloworld @thirdworldfish
Does this card offer similar or better on Myntra or other such shopping?
Cool, let me try my luck :)
Do share back what you tried and what luck you had or not?
I have DigiSmart as LTF. I regularly use it at Myntra to avail 20% discount

Dharm

TF Premier
I saw one more member say the same. The Myntra deal is great for LTF.

Does this card offer similar or better on Myntra or other such shopping?

Do share back what you tried and what luck you had or not?
In case of LTF, It can also be used for yatra, ola, Inox, blinkit, Zomato offers.

Most of them are instant discount, no need to wait for cashback, no need to redeem, no need to wait for cashback credit after few days
1000074359.jpg

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
In case of LTF, It can also be used for yatra, ola, Inox, blinkit, Zomato offers.

Most of them are instant discount, no waiting to get and redeem cashabck
Thanks for sharing.

I do not YET have much use for Grofers/ Blinkit as my mom is a JioMart + COD gorcery shopper. Unless she's missing something there.

This Yatra thing I am curious. I usually go via SkyScanner for best deal across sites for specific flight(s). Have you tried?

Would that still be valuable/ apply on top?

Do check out when you have a chance. Then this monthly fee might be worthy if savings compute as I do have monthly travel for medicals.

Also 20% 700 for Myntra = 3500 only max shopping total? per month?

Its good for monthly buyers, unlike me.. probably do shopping once in a long time during end of season sales.

But glad you shared the details & fine print.

Dharm

TF Premier
Thanks for sharing.

I do not YET have much use for Grofers/ Blinkit as my mom is a JioMart + COD gorcery shopper. Unless she's missing something there.

This Yatra thing I am curious. I usually go via SkyScanner for best deal across sites for specific flight(s). Have you tried?

Do check out when you have a chance. Then this monthly fee might be worthy if savings compute as I do have monthly travel for medicals.

Its good for monthly buyers, unlike me.. probably do shopping once in a long time during end of season sales.

But glad you shared the details & fine print.
Actually in our area Jio Mart take 1-2 days for delivery, and if sometimes we need something than Blinkit works best, although some product price higher, but after 10% discount, still that will be lesser than market price.

I have never used Yatra as I am not a frequent traveller.

Yes only 700 discount for Myntra, so it is best if you purchase products in Monthly split. Like on 29 and 1.

Used it for Inox B1G1 also 2-3 month ago for a friend.

insight

TF Ace
Actually in our area Jio Mart take 1-2 days for delivery, and if sometimes we need something than Blinkit works best, although some product price higher, but after 10% discount, still that will be lesser than market price.
Yes I think my mom does Jio Mart on slow roll - deliver as they want model.
For faster stuff she calls the local Kirana shop who delivers, while a bit away aunts/ sister/ cousins each use their favorites; Big Basket/ InstaMart/ Zepto :)
:D I guess each have their loyalists.
I have never used Yatra as I am not a frequent traveller.
I wonder if you could check BOM to HYD just for comparison. Curious to see what you get. Dry Run.
Yes only 700 discount for Myntra, so it is best if you purchase products in Monthly split. Like on 29 and 1.

Used it for Inox B1G1 also 2-3 month ago for a friend.
Ah! Interesting hack. Maybe if I have a 1-2 item that's higher price, I'll ask you for a favor.
PS: Which city/ state are you based? Im in Mumbai.

Dharm

TF Premier
Yes I think my mom does Jio Mart on slow roll - deliver as they want model.
For faster stuff she calls the local Kirana shop who delivers, while a bit away aunts/ sister/ cousins each use their favorites; Big Basket/ InstaMart/ Zepto :)
:D I guess each have their loyalists.

I wonder if you could check BOM to HYD just for comparison. Curious to see what you get. Dry Run.

Ah! Interesting hack. Maybe if I have a 1-2 item that's higher price, I'll ask you for a favor.
PS: Which city/ state are you based? Im in Mumbai.
I am not a frequent traveller or shopper, but my brother and my wife use my card upto full cashback capacity.

atx

TF Select

SkyScanner would be better in about 50%-70% of cases.
On Yatra, it gives 20% off upto 750, meaning, best benefit on 3750 worth flight. Yatra would charge 300-350 or something conv fee on top of that. Whereas on skyscanner, in most of the cases, you can get flight at 300-400 less and no conv fee, so final payable price for you would be either same for both cases on an average, with skyscanner being better sometimes where you'll also get flexibility to use any other card which would give you better rewards on travel spends.

And yeah, Myntra is 3500 max per month. Good thing is this payment offer, applied on top of any existing offers and coupons.

insight

TF Ace
SkyScanner would be better in about 50%-70% of cases.
On Yatra, it gives 20% off upto 750, meaning, best benefit on 3750 worth flight. Yatra would charge 300-350 or something conv fee on top of that. Whereas on skyscanner, in most of the cases, you can get flight at 300-400 less and no conv fee, so final payable price for you would be either same for both cases on an average, with skyscanner being better sometimes where you'll also get flexibility to use any other card which would give you better rewards on travel spends.
Thanks for the detailed write up. Explains well.
And yeah, Myntra is 3500 max per month. Good thing is this payment offer, applied on top of any existing offers and coupons.
Is that so? "Stacked" discounting. That'd be great.

Are you also using this card or you're just elaborating for my benefit?

insight

TF Ace

Most of them are instant discount, no need to wait for cashback, no need to redeem, no need to wait for cashback credit after few days
1000074359.jpg
I wonder how these compare: Similar max CB limits it seems.

1691867946813-png.26319

insight

TF Ace
No. They phased out the Landmark card a few years ago and were replacing it with Digismart. I asked them to make it LTF like Landmark or close the card. They obliged :)
Looked at the pros and cons and I figured I could try to use it for couple of months.

But went through site links many times but cant find a way to APPLY. Even the APPLY link goes to an app area that lists all other cards in the SELECTION area, but not DigiSmart.

How am I missing it, or is it actually not being offered anymore?
@Dharm @atx @thirdworldfish @suhailmz