HSBC Cashback Review (w.e.f 01-Sep-23 i.e., after revaluation)

Related posts: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/one-more-devaluation-this-time-hsbc-cashback-card.15623/

Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST
Fee Waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per month)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
Easydiner15% upto 500 on min.2.5k
Lounge Benefit4 per year
fuel, rental, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall Food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart, EasyDiner, Restaurants, KFC, Dominos and DMart - working for 10% cashback (unless you have above MCC, no guarantee).

Replace some cards (If you use this card ..):

1.5% offline - Alternative to FK 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to StanC Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Airtel 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to AU Zenith 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png

vijay.vj

I tried & confirm it to be working in below stores.

Location Hyderabad

Below stores has MCC 5411
1. DMart (didn't try it online on dmart yet)
2. Reliance Smart Superstore
3. JioMart (online)
4. Amazon Fresh
5. Vijetha super market

Swiggy insta mart had different MCC but its also allowed for 10%.

Flipkart Grocery has MCC 5699, which seems to be for e comm. Not eligible for 10%

Location Hyderabad

3. JioMart (online)
4. Amazon Fresh
5. Vijetha super market

Flipkart Grocery has MCC 5699, which seems to be for e comm. Not eligible for 10%
What about Ebixcash wallet load ? Ebixcash wallet load comes under grocery category.

Location Hyderabad

3. JioMart (online)
4. Amazon Fresh
5. Vijetha super market

What's the merchant name for online Jiomart transaction ?

Jiomart se gift card buy kar k bechunga phir 2%, 3% off me.

I see news that parent company of ebix filed bankruptcy in US. Looks like a risky one !

Ya but Ebixcash have PPI wallet license from RBI.

Our PPI wallet money is safe. They cant use our wallet money for any other type of investment.

Ebixcash per day wallet loading limit is also max 5k and bank transfer (full video kyc users) limit max 10k per month.

wallet loading is free but bank transfer charges 2%+gst.

If you have paytm fastag then easily transfer ebixcash wallet to bank via paytm fastag recharge but per fastag rc limit is only Rs100 (we cant edit the amount).

more details about ebixcash wallet - https://www.technofino.in/community...astag-education-fee-loan-repayment-etc.19358/

vijay.vj

Ya but Ebixcash have PPI wallet license from RBI.

Our PPI wallet money is safe. They cant use our wallet money for any other type of investment.

Ebixcash per day wallet loading limit is also max 5k and bank transfer (full video kyc users) limit max 10k per month.

wallet loading is free but bank transfer charges 2%+gst.

If you have paytm fastag then easily transfer ebixcash wallet to bank via paytm fastag recharge but per fastag rc limit is only Rs100 (we cant edit the amount).

more details about ebixcash wallet - https://www.technofino.in/community...astag-education-fee-loan-repayment-etc.19358/
Omg your tricks are amazing.

Looking at them, they make me greedy !
And when greedy, I end up doing messy stuff. Need to stay safe.

Exactly, very much into experimenting & exploring !
Do you know nowadays almost all our local kirana/grocery stores purchased from Jiomart/Dmart and resell at higher price.

If we purchase from Jiomart/Dmart using HSBC Cashback credit card and resell them with same price, they will happily buy it from us

our profit - 10% full cashback on HSBC Cashback credit card.

shutapdiya

Do you know nowadays almost all our local kirana/grocery stores purchased from Jiomart/Dmart and resell at higher price.

If we purchase from Jiomart/Dmart using HSBC Cashback credit card and resell them with same price, they will happily buy it from us

Tum aur tumhara partner milke logo ko kam dhande laga rahe ho

Accha hai desh ki amdani badhegi😂

vijay.vj

HSBC is smart enough to place a capping of 1k per month max.

I just hope HSBC doesn't go bankrupt !

vijay.vj

Hey, do you any tricks to get METRO membership as a regular individual (they offer it only to bussiness people who have GST)? They offer great discounts across many things, but sadly not open to regular customers.

METRO membership ? you mean METRO wholesale stores ? no idea.

Kotak is offering RuPay Metro Credit card (but i heard this card is not working anywhere except Metro stores) -

Take in the name of some relative who has gst no. Walmart/Flipkart wholesale guys let us purchase without gst. They just enter someone's card number. But have to purchase min 1500