• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Cashback Review (w.e.f 01-Sep-23 i.e., after revaluation)

helloworld

TF Legend
Related posts: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/one-more-devaluation-this-time-hsbc-cashback-card.15623/

Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST
Fee Waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per month)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
Easydiner15% upto 500 on min.2.5k
Lounge Benefit4 per year
fuel, rental, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall Food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart, EasyDiner, Restaurants, KFC, Dominos and DMart - working for 10% cashback (unless you have above MCC, no guarantee).

Replace some cards (If you use this card ..):

1.5% offline - Alternative to FK 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to StanC Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Airtel 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to AU Zenith 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png

Last edited:

b4bhar

TF Select
Just Checked with HSBC CC, they are saying MCC 5499 is not eligible for 10% cashback on HSBC cashback card.
@VISHESH_BANSAL Do you have any info on this?
I think the customer care is kind of clueless with the eligible transactions for cashback. Its better to just ask them the MCC.

I made 2 transactions for groceries. One with swiggy and another one with dmart. The customer care told me that l swiggy (5499) is eligible for cashaback but dmart (5411) is not eligible for cashback!

gautampai

TF Select
Is the cashback calculated on basis of transaction date or transaction settlement date?
I have made a transaction of 7k on 14th May, bill generation happens on 15th 12:00am. I am confused if the cashback will be credited in June statement or July statement.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Is the cashback calculated on basis of transaction date or transaction settlement date?
I have made a transaction of 7k on 14th May, bill generation happens on 15th 12:00am. I am confused if the cashback will be credited in June statement or July statement.
Cashback is counted on those transactions which are fully settled.
Since HSBC takes 2 days for transaction settlement, you cashback will be credited in July

b4bhar

TF Select
No, this is Departmental Store not Grocery.
oh.. damn. it is kirana store, but he might have registered as a departmental store. so, i should refrain from doing transactions at this shop. Is there any chance they correct this, if i show them the bill? I did this with AU bank and they corrected it for my LIT card cashback. Not sure, how HSBC works though.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
oh.. damn. it is kirana store, but he might have registered as a departmental store. so, i should refrain from doing transactions at this shop. Is there any chance they correct this, if i show them the bill? I did this with AU bank and they corrected it for my LIT card cashback. Not sure, how HSBC works though.
AU is very Generous in doing this. Many other users have same Experience with AU LIT where AU Credited Cashback for Relevant Category as per Invoice and other Relevant Proofs even when tagged MCC is different.

I do not think any other Bank will ever do this especially HSBC.

Last edited:

b4bhar

TF Select
AU is very Generous in doing this. Many other users have same Experience with AU LIT where AU Credited Cashback for Relevant Category as per Invoice and other Relevant Proofs even when tagged MCC is different.

I do not think any other Bank will ever do this especially HSBC.
Does AU bank considers MCC 5311 as groceries? Do you have the list of MCCs which AU bank considers as groceries? I've AU LIT card as well and they have just added 199 rs again to my wallet which i can use for adding card features. i think they might have added around 600- 650 rs in the wallet for free to activate the product features,

Sriim

TF Premier
I think the customer care is kind of clueless with the eligible transactions for cashback. Its better to just ask them the MCC.

I made 2 transactions for groceries. One with swiggy and another one with dmart. The customer care told me that l swiggy (5499) is eligible for cashaback but dmart (5411) is not eligible for cashback!
5411 is Grocery MCC. How can it not be eligible? 😵