• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Credit Card declined

shubhamg22

TF Buzz
I applied for hsbc credit card, submitted all docs and video kyc completed. Bank staff called and asked me to share some additional documents like bank statement and office address. The person saw the mail and said ok, card has been approved, will be delivered 1-3 working weeks.

Recieved no acknowledgement mail saying the same. Now calling Bank for same, they say it has been declined.
They say because of "INTERNAL REASONS" and when I ask when it was declined they can't help with date of decline.

What to do? I see this as a sheer misuse of data, unnecessarily all statements and all was asked, when they eventually had to decline it. In kyc process steps also eligibility was checked and it showed approved. Really Angry. Everything is ok, Income, Cibil , number of cards.

What could be the reason? WHAT SHOULD I DO??

I applied for hsbc credit card, submitted all docs and video kyc completed. Bank staff called and asked me to share some additional documents like bank statement and office address. The person saw the mail and said ok, card has been approved, will be delivered 1-3 working weeks.

Recieved no acknowledgement mail saying the same. Now calling Bank for same, they say it has been declined.
They say because of "INTERNAL REASONS" and when I ask when it was declined they can't help with date of decline.

What to do? I see this as a sheer misuse of data, unnecessarily all statements and all was asked, when they eventually had to decline it. In kyc process steps also eligibility was checked and it showed approved. Really Angry. Everything is ok, Income, Cibil , number of cards.

What could be the reason? WHAT SHOULD I DO??
Mail them asking for the exact reason. You can escalate your query to NO or PNO if they are not responding clearly.

Mail them asking for the exact reason. You can escalate your query to NO or PNO if they are not responding clearly.
I'm existing HSBC platinum CC holder. Last month applied for LIVE+ card and it's declined. Enquired for decline reason with CC team. CC said that will get the reason in mail within 45 days. So you will get the mail for declined reason.

@Sathishmani @sudoabhi Thank you for your replies. Your inputs really helped me. I mailed their digitalleads and cardsupoort email ids a couple of time. I tweeted them I will contsct PNO/NO since i am getting absurd responses when I call. They asked me application no there. Then sometime later I got call from their backend team and they confirmed the approval and would dispatch within one week. THANKS!

Last edited:
@Sathishmani @sudoabhi Thank you for your replies. Your inputs really helped me. I mailed their digitalleads and cardsupoort email ids a couple of time. I tweeted them I will contsct PNO/NO since i am getting absurd responses when I call. They asked me application no there. Then sometime later I got call from their backend team and they confirmed the approval and would a special within one week. THANKS!
Congratulations 🎊 🎊

@Sathishmani @sudoabhi Thank you for your replies. Your inputs really helped me. I mailed their digitalleads and cardsupoort email ids a couple of time. I tweeted them I will contsct PNO/NO since i am getting absurd responses when I call. They asked me application no there. Then sometime later I got call from their backend team and they confirmed the approval and would a special within one week. THANKS!
Great ! !

@Sathishmani @sudoabhi Thank you for your replies. Your inputs really helped me. I mailed their digitalleads and cardsupoort email ids a couple of time. I tweeted them I will contsct PNO/NO since i am getting absurd responses when I call. They asked me application no there. Then sometime later I got call from their backend team and they confirmed the approval and would dispatch within one week. THANKS!
can you please share those email id's where you had sent the mail

Back