• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC high settlement time and verification time (in Billpay)

redcarpet

TF Premier
Hi,
I paid hsbc cc bill from Cred, Mobikwik and even after hours it doesnt seem to be credited. All the details are right but settlement didnt happen yet. Whereas for other cards I get the credit message within a minute.

Along with that hsbc cc is in pending state in HDFC billpay since 5-7 days.
Is there something wrong with the hsbc cc? My due date is near, where should I pay to get instant settlement

RajMahadik

TF Premier
One thing i ve observed...

that i ve bill due date on 25th may ,
So due to late settlements i ve paid bill on 15th may for the same by Cred...
I ve received payment received sms on 20th may..

But in app , statement says payments credited on 15th may ( same i ve paid on the day )

MJN

TF Premier
In my experience ,this does not take 7 working days.I have done payments to HSBC cc 3/4 times from HDFC billpay portal. e.g. I had paid minimum amount due on 24th April probably 4-ish pm and remaining payments on 28th (29th as due date), and I could see the entry on 29th and in the mobile app it said 24th April as payment date and 29th April as processing date .To see this information, one needs to click that specific entry under the "transaction history". More importantly , when the statement came ,it said 24th April as "Date" for minimum amount which was paid and 28th for the remaining amount.27th,28th was Saturday(working?) and Sunday.In case of HDFC billpay,For speedy processing and transaction entry to reflect in 3 to 4 days , one should do payment such that there are contiguos working days. When I do the same payments from Cred, there is immediately some indication in the transaction history where the App would indicate amount and call it "pending" and then even that entry disappears and reappears in few days.HSBC's payment received SMS also comes very late,I received SMS on 6th May for the abpve payments mentioning dates such as 30th April, 2nd May in the SMS but statement always reflected the actual dates payments were made.
Thanks.. Hope my payment will get credited tmrw (24th). so that I will not get any late payment charges as rbi gives 3 days grace.. Will update once it credited..

Note:
I made a Rs 100 test payment on hdfc billpay for my hsbc cc on 13th may.. In app it reflected on 17th but it shows 13th may as payment date..

So in that logic,my 19th payment should get reflected in the app by 24th..

Fingers crossed 🤞

MJN

TF Premier
Thanks.. Hope my payment will get credited tmrw (24th). so that I will not get any late payment charges as rbi gives 3 days grace.. Will update once it credited..

Note:
I made a Rs 100 test payment on hdfc billpay for my hsbc cc on 13th may.. In app it reflected on 17th but it shows 13th may as payment date..

So in that logic,my 19th payment should get reflected in the app by 24th..

Fingers crossed 🤞
Update

Amount showing in payment history by 25th - 1 AM

But date of payment showing 19th.

Will I get late payment charges?

krishc

TF Ace
Hi,
I paid hsbc cc bill from Cred, Mobikwik and even after hours it doesnt seem to be credited. All the details are right but settlement didnt happen yet. Whereas for other cards I get the credit message within a minute.

Along with that hsbc cc is in pending state in HDFC billpay since 5-7 days.
Is there something wrong with the hsbc cc? My due date is near, where should I pay to get instant settlement
it's a problem with HSBC.
whatever payment method you use, they'll always be late to reflect payment compared to any other bank.
for me payment via HDFC billpay takes 7days,
CRED takes about 3 days.
while for all Indian banks it's almost instantaneous with CRED, and upto 3 days via HDFC Billpay.
P.S. - They show the payment date as it was, but reflect into the account very late.

Last edited: