• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live + Credit Card Application Rejected - Need Help

mg71999

TF Buzz
HSBC Cashback, now Live+, has rejected my application. I called via IVR, but they didn't provide a reason. They advised me to reapply after 30 days.
I had applied through CashKaro.
1. Should I reapply directly from HSBC's website?
2. Are there any cards that are as good as or better than the HSBC Cashback card?

HSBC only gives cards to salaried employees.
Do you know what is the minimum salary per month or year?

Reactions: BVC
2. Are there any cards that are as good as or better than the HSBC Cashback card?
1. Upto you. If you met the eligibility criteria, no difference where you apply.
2. Yes, depends on what you're looking at.

Dining 10% upto 1000 on 10000
Eazydiner you can get more than 50% discount, but only on selected restaurants in the main cities in India and Dubai.

Grocery 10% up to 1000 on 10000
Big basket 20% discount 500 on 2500 and Flipkart via Grabdeals

Food delivery Swiggy Zomato
more than 10% discount using Amazon pay

:D Its alway good to see 🪓 in your posts.

adjust like this (I hope so)

- this card mainly for offline where restaurants not tie up with easydiner.
- offline grocery stores where you can purchase your wish rice bag brand (no need for bb royal, dmart specific etc.), your wish brands (no need for brand specific products) etc.
- Dmart works, super markets works etc. no need to pay high price item atleast 5-10% higher (because we do not know MRP bb products, fk grocery, amzn grocery vedika etc.), platform fee, delivery fee etc.
- food delivery is add-on, sometimes double dip with existing bank offer.

I tried my best, not sure in this way also 🪓 better?

Are there any cards that are as good as or better than the HSBC Cashback card? Currently I am using AU lit for grocery. I want a card for restaurant.

HSBC Cashback, now Live+, has rejected my application. I called via IVR, but they didn't provide a reason. They advised me to reapply after 30 days.
I had applied through CashKaro.
HSBC Live + Dining 10% upto 1000 on 10000
Eazydiner you can get 25+25% discount, but only on select cheap to expensive restaurants in the main cities in India and Dubai.

HSBC Live + Grocery 10% up to 1000 on 10000
Big basket 20% discount 500 on 2500 using IndusInd exclusive debit card
Flipkart 24% via Grabdeals 5x using Magnus Burgundy, or 15.5% via Smartbuy 5x using Infinia
In addition to the above discounts, with online groceries you get much lower prices than local baniyas, plus special offers and free home delivery.

HSBC Live + Swiggy Zomato 10% upto 1000 on 10000
Zomato more than 10% discount using Amazon pay.
Swiggy 15.5% via Smartbuy 5x using Infinia

Last edited:
Yea, got that but Does he want to focus this thread on restaurant benefit along with HSBC Live + ?
Possibly, but he's not replying anymore.
It looks like we are more interested than him in this card, he has lost interest

I applied for the HSBC Cashback card before it transitioned to the Live+ variant. A week later, HSBC changed the variant from Cashback to Live+. I meet all the criteria for the Cashback card, but HSBC isn't providing a specific reason for not issuing it to me. Could my spending of around 4 to 5 lakh in April, May, and June be a factor?

Back